News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Ah good. Dallas is going to let the other teams set the market again. It's worked so well for them....I guess. 

Sucks, but it's smart on Segal's part. I would think Julio would get done first, and then Thomas follows as a top 3 highest paid WR. I don't think Amari quite gets Odell money, but we're probably gonna have to pony up like $16.5-17.5M per year

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Sucks, but it's smart on Segal's part. I would think Julio would get done first, and then Thomas follows as a top 3 highest paid WR. I don't think Amari quite gets Odell money, but we're probably gonna have to pony up like $16.5-17.5M per year

I think 16.5-17 range would be a win at this point. Julio and Thomas are gonna push for 20

"That’s a very fortunate add there," Prescott said, via Charean Williams of Pro Football Talk. "He’s been great, honestly. An ex-quarterback, knows the game up and down, knows every aspect of it, knows when he’s in the read what progression he is and when you have a guy like that — he’s going to get open. He knows how to get open.

"He’s had a lot of success in this league already so just to have him be a part of this corps, a part of this team and this offense means a lot. We’ve had a fast connection. You take something, approach something, go out there and he does it right the first time. When you have a guy like that, it allows you to cut the ball loose.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-Dak-Prescott-Randall-Cobb-very-fortunate-add-to-roster-132960990/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I really wish the Cowboys could sign some of their players early. Now Dak will cost more than Wentz did and Cooper (with Thomas wanting 22M) will try to break the bank. 

Are you not one of the biggest critics of the Crawford contract? That's exactly what Dallas tried to do. And it's not that Craw is a bad player, but having him jump around never let him excel like many of us hoped. 

And we WERE successful with both Smith and Martin. So they do attempt to massage the salary cap.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Are you not one of the biggest critics of the Crawford contract? That's exactly what Dallas tried to do. And it's not that Craw is a bad player, but having him jump around never let him excel like many of us hoped. 

And we WERE successful with both Smith and Martin. So they do attempt to massage the salary cap.

I'm gonna assume you meant manage there.