News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Although its hugely hypocritical on Garrett's part to give him playing time.   RKG except when it comes to pass rushers

Why? It’s not like he’s done some horrific thing. 

2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Doesnt Garrett preach right kind of guy? A guy that gets popped 3 or more times for getting high by the league isnt exactly putting the team first

By all accounts Gregory is a great teammate with a mental disorder he treats with weed. Hardly makes him a bad guy. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

By all accounts Gregory is a great teammate with a mental disorder he treats with weed. Hardly makes him a bad guy. 

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, and even that I care about whether a guy uses marijuana,  but it's got to come off as hypocritical when Garrett rips a guy for being late to practice and then puts Gregory right back in the starting rotation whenever he returns from suspension.  

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Am I the only one here who is tired of the RG roller-coaster ride? I want the best for him and us, BUT this is the same shet every year already..

If it were a matter of him simply not caring like Irving, sure. Cut him yesterday. But, given the well documented mental issues, I have no problem riding this one out. 

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Am I the only one here who is tired of the RG roller-coaster ride? I want the best for him and us, BUT this is the same shet every year already..

If it were a matter of him simply not caring like Irving, sure. Cut him yesterday. But, given the well documented mental issues, I have no problem riding this one out. 

Same. To me he is a pretty good bonus player. They team shouldnt rely on him being part of the roster, but when he is, he makes a difference for us. 

Hes cheap and his suspensions dont count towards our cap/game day roster number. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Same. To me he is a pretty good bonus player. They team shouldnt rely on him being part of the roster, but when he is, he makes a difference for us. 

Hes cheap and his suspensions dont count towards our cap/game day roster number. 

Exactly. Anything he gives us should be a bonus.

We need to plan like he is not a part of the team and anything we get from hin is gravy.

Assuming we will designate Jaylon Smith a 1st round tender RFA next year.   That would be 1 year about 4.2 ish mil, and would net us a 1st round pick if another team makes an offer we have to refuse.     Don't you think it would be smarter on our part to start negotiating with him say mid season,  just structure 2020 as 5mil and avoid the chance that some team offers a ridiculous contract.   Are teams able to do the poison pill thing and say front load $40 mil in the first year to bust our cap? 

1 minute ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Assuming we will designate Jaylon Smith a 1st round tender RFA next year.   That would be 1 year about 4.2 ish mil, and would net us a 1st round pick if another team makes an offer we have to refuse.     Don't you think it would be smarter on our part to start negotiating with him say mid season,  just structure 2020 as 5mil and avoid the chance that some team offers a ridiculous contract.   Are teams able to do the poison pill thing and say front load $40 mil in the first year to bust our cap? 

Cant poison pill any more. And your salary has to have a slightly linear curve (its like ~10% (?) year over year increases).

Its an interesting question that I have been thinking about. We cant pay everyone, so getting a 1st rounder is tempting if we dont think we can afford him on top of everyone else. 

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Cant poison pill any more. And your salary has to have a slightly linear curve (its like ~10% (?) year over year increases).

Its an interesting question that I have been thinking about. We cant pay everyone, so getting a 1st rounder is tempting if we dont think we can afford him on top of everyone else. 

If you have to pick one,  would you rather resign Jaylon or Byron? 

Has a CB ever played poorly in KRs scheme? It’s a good system that doesn’t require all stars at CB, yet has a history of turning mid round picks into all stars.

Then they sign else where and flop.

Probably a bit of an exaggeration but Byron is certainly aided by the scheme. It would be harder to replace Jaylon

Edited by DaBoys