News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Our DL all the sudden seems crowded with unproven/potential guys. Not sure who they would want to give up on. 

I see that at DE. Not so much at DT. Trysten Hill is a potential guy, but Collins is probably gone in free agency, Woods is a street FA on a low investment, Crawford is on his way out probably sooner than later, and Covington probably wouldn't stop them from getting Daniels.

Daniels at 1T with Hill at the 3 sounds nice. I wouldn't hate it.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I see that at DE. Not so much at DT. Tryston Hill is a potential guy, but Collins is probably gone in free agency, Woods is a street FA on a low investment, Crawford is on his way out probably sooner than later, and Covington probably wouldn't stop them from getting Daniels.

Taco is likely moving to that 3T tweener role, which is what I thought Daniels was? but maybe I am wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Taco is likely moving to that 3T tweener role, which is what I thought Daniels was? but maybe I am wrong. 

Mike Daniels? He's a 6 foot flat 310+ pound bowling ball. If he even has enough twitch for RM to be on the team, he would most likely be a 1T.

Mike_Daniels_2017.jpg

41 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I see that at DE. Not so much at DT. Tryston Hill is a potential guy, but Collins is probably gone in free agency, Woods is a street FA on a low investment, Crawford is on his way out probably sooner than later, and Covington probably wouldn't stop them from getting Daniels.

Exactly. Our depth at DE is solid, even without RG.

We could definitely use someone more proven at DT.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Once again showing that losing our LT was by far the biggest factor. 

That's not what that shows.

It shows stats for when Tyron and Zeke are both present, and then with just Tyron and no Zeke, and then with neither.

It never shows shows stats for Zeke being present without Tyron. If it did, you could better see what hurt Dak more.

For instance, Tyron was out this year on Thanksgiving against Washington and the next week against New Orleans.

Zeke played though.

Daks stats for those two games? 46 of 59 and 538 PASSING yards. Despite being sacked an astounding 11 times without Tyron(7 sacks allowed against NO alone) he passed for 3 TDs and rushed for 1 more while throwing no picks. Completion percentages of 70.9 and 85.7%. 

Once again showing that Zeke's presence probably would have prevented the 2017 collapse.

Not that 2017 matters anymore anyway. Hopefully both Zeke and Tyron are both present in 2019.

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Once again showing that losing our LT was by far the biggest factor. 

Incorrect. What is shows, mathematically, is that there’s a multiplier effect when multiple players are off the field. There was no mention of what Quincy’s numbers were when Zeke was on the field and Tyron Smith was off of it. 

Again, be better than that. Statistics would prove my statement correct, because economics continually proves that rule.

• Like 1