News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

19 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
From Joey Ickles....

Effectively, Thomas’ deal is a 3 year $45.25M contract... with 3 team option years at $15.8M, $16.45M, and $19.7M each...

This isn’t bad at all tbh

Is this that new math?   I don't understand how it could be effectively 3 year $45.25m,  when he has $60mil guaranteed.

2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Is this that new math?   I don't understand how it could be effectively 3 year $45.25m,  when he has $60mil guaranteed.

His 2022 base salary guarantees on the third day of that league year. In other words it isn’t guaranteed at all

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

His 2022 base salary guarantees on the third day of that league year. In other words it isn’t guaranteed at all

Lol.  That makes absolutely no sense at all.   I am guaranteed a date with Jessica Alba on this Friday at Spago, provided she shows up by 7pm.   I mean wth.   Why not guarantee a billion on the same date?

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

39 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Lol.  That makes absolutely no sense at all.   I am guaranteed a date with Jessica Alba on this Friday at Spago, provided she shows up by 7pm.   I mean wth.   Why not guarantee a billion on the same date?

*shrug* maybe it’s guaranteed for injury or something but that’s what’s been reported

NFL contracts have a lot of deferred guarantees like that, most big deals have two distinct “guaranteed at signing” and “fully guaranteed” figures. I don’t get it either 

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/06/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-training-camp-blue-white-scrimmage/?fbclid=IwAR0HQ9q8zNYuTlybrWEeGWA_IiSMzc4Pxi2_RZ_sbCaDpMo4z0QkBCozZzg

Part of practice is making mistakes. It’s pushing the boundaries of comfort and seeing how close to the line you can get before it’s crossed. There’s examples league-wide of quarterbacks who throw tons of interceptions in training camp that meant nothing come September. They’re testing their receivers. They are testing themselves. After all, they won’t know if they can make an impossible throw until they’ve tried it.

The biggest knocks on Dak are mechanical and risk adversity. Looks like he is addressing both head on.

source.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

You really believe a super bowl is possible without Zeke? You think Morris and rookie Pollard are enough?

Every team in the history of the NFL has won a superbowl without Zeke... Many of them with out a top 5 RB at all. So yeah, its possible. 

• Like 1