News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

2/3 of those first 3 games are against the Giants and Redskins who always play us tough. 

We had Amari already on Thanksgiving and Colt McCoy nearly beat us. They still have Colt McCoy. Just saying.

The Giants took us to the wire week 17, and were playing really well those last 6 weeks of 2018. 

Both teams have issues I know.... but I'm not relaxed before these games or surprised if we struggle more than we should. Even WITH Zeke.

That third game better be a W tho...

Red zone will be a train wreck without Zeke. I'm not for paying him top dollar, but to be honest, this offense goes as Zeke goes, especially in the RZ.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Red zone will be a train wreck without Zeke. I'm not for paying him top dollar, but to be honest, this offense goes as Zeke goes, especially in the RZ.

Last year our Redzone was 26th in the League with Zeke. This year I believe our TEs will be much better in the Redzone to help this ranking go up with or without Zeke.

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If we are winning without Zeke, he can go kick rocks... 

I'm fairly certain, because Zeke has caught them off guard, and JG being a lame duck, they will struggle. So certain, that I wouldn't even chance it.

At what point does Zeke "kick rocks"? What numerical amount of wins or percentage of wins? Obviously you dont expect us to go perfect, so is it as long as we are .500 or above? 

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

When has Zeke ever been used in the redzone? Isnt that exactly why we hated Linehan?

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

At what point does Zeke "kick rocks"? What numerical amount of wins or percentage of wins? Obviously you dont expect us to go perfect, so is it as long as we are .500 or above? 

As long as we are winning, yes. If we start 3-0 I’m not paying him. Why should we?

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ill believe this when I see it. 

That's how people get replaced. Winning in their absence. Tony Romo comes to mind. If Dak gets hurt(impossible) in preseason week 3, and Cooper Rush puts us in the NFCC game do you still see the need to overpay Dak? I would think not. Unless you were against the release of Romo. If it can happen to Romo then Dak and Zeke don't stand a chance. 

38 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That's how people get replaced. Winning in their absence. Tony Romo comes to mind. If Dak gets hurt(impossible) in preseason week 3, and Cooper Rush puts us in the NFCC game do you still see the need to overpay Dak? I would think not. Unless you were against the release of Romo. If it can happen to Romo then Dak and Zeke don't stand a chance. 

Someone should explain that to the Eagles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:
2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone should explain that to the Eagles

I think they made the wrong decision

I think one key difference, beyond where you think either's talent is, is Nick probably plays this one contract with Jacksonville and is done.
Wentz is the kinda guy who wants to play as long as he can.
They both have talked about it in the past.

So you can have 3/4 years of Nick, or potentially 12+ more of Carson.

That coupled with how well they tend to play game to game, it was not even a thought to go with Carson.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think one key difference, beyond where you think either's talent is, is Nick probably plays this one contract with Jacksonville and is done.
Wentz is the kinda guy who wants to play as long as he can.
They both have talked about it in the past.

So you can have 3/4 years of Nick, or potentially 12+ more of Carson.

That coupled with how well they tend to play game to game, it was not even a thought to go with Carson.

12+? Wentz turns 27 this season... Not everyone is Brady. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

12+? Wentz turns 27 this season... Not everyone is Brady. 

Potentially, he wants to do it..who knows if he does.

With his skillset he can do it.

I doubt it'd be that long too. But you have Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben, Eli (lol), Rodgers all playing into their mid 30s+

Conservatively let's say 10 years, 37. That's 6 more years than what you get of Nick, and all 10 are with a more talented player.
Yeah Nick has great games, but they don't happen all that much.

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Potentially, he wants to do it..who knows if he does.

With his skillset he can do it.

I doubt it'd be that long too. But you have Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben, Eli (lol), Rodgers all playing into their mid 30s+

Conservatively let's say 10 years, 37. That's 6 more years than what you get of Nick, and all 10 are with a more talented player.
Yeah Nick has great games, but they don't happen all that much.

I've got to side with Kilty on this one.  Foles has already hinted at retiring has at one point was very content to be an NFL back up.  I don't know if Wentz will ever get there, but I don't doubt his commitment to the game or his commitment to be great.  

• Like 1