Jump to content
Matts4313

News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Potentially, he wants to do it..who knows if he does.

With his skillset he can do it.

I doubt it'd be that long too. But you have Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben, Eli (lol), Rodgers all playing into their mid 30s+

I think the difference is these guys rarely missed games due to injury throughout their career.

 

Maybe Wentz will turn into that, but he looks extremely fragile and likes to use his legs. I question his durability and longevity in the league.

Brees, Rivers, and Eli combined have missed like 3 games in the last 13 seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think the difference is these guys rarely missed games due to injury throughout their career.

 

Maybe Wentz will turn into that, but he looks extremely fragile and likes to use his legs. I question his durability and longevity in the league.

Brees, Rivers, and Eli combined have missed like 3 games in the last 13 seasons. 

Totally fair argument for his longevity

But they have all had their bouts with injuries, save for a few. 

Eli and Rivers have been some of the few that haven't 

Brees had his freak injury that lost him his job in San Diego and some stuff before. Ben has had little nicks here and there. Brady missed a year. 
Obviously Wentz having two bigger injuries is not a good thing.

Best i have in defense was the knee was a freak play and the back was a very obvious echo injury from the rehab process for the knee.
If he was pulling hammys or had bad knee issues I'd be more on the side of he won't last. 

As of now I know he wants to and will try to. And going back to the original thing, that alone makes you go with him over Foles.
Don't even have to get into how much better he is. We have a talented roster, longer we have a quality QB...the more chances we get at championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Totally fair argument for his longevity

But they have all had their bouts with injuries, save for a few. 

Eli and Rivers have been some of the few that haven't 

Brees had his freak injury that lost him his job in San Diego and some stuff before. Ben has had little nicks here and there. Brady missed a year. 
Obviously Wentz having two bigger injuries is not a good thing.

Best i have in defense was the knee was a freak play and the back was a very obvious echo injury from the rehab process for the knee.
If he was pulling hammys or had bad knee issues I'd be more on the side of he won't last. 

As of now I know he wants to and will try to. And going back to the original thing, that alone makes you go with him over Foles.
Don't even have to get into how much better he is. We have a talented roster, longer we have a quality QB...the more chances we get at championships.

FWIW I was attempting to debate DaBoys about the "Eagles need to be told that" comment. I disagree with him that you should have kept foles over wentz. But that out of the way, you are ignoring that Wentz was also injury prone in college. He has a long track record of missing games (or playing hurt in general). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And for the record I think maybe a tag on Wentz for 1 year until you can get a full 16 from him would have been the prudent move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

FWIW I was attempting to debate DaBoys about the "Eagles need to be told that" comment. I disagree with him that you should have kept foles over wentz. But that out of the way, you are ignoring that Wentz was also injury prone in college. He has a long track record of missing games (or playing hurt in general). 

Yeah he broke his wrist hitting a helmet or something his last college season. Not necessarily a long history

It's a history, but they are one off things. If he was a wideout with the Acl you'd be more concerned. but in 2019 and as a QB it's not really a big deal.

These aren't lingering injuries, the way a bad knee or throwing shoulder might be. He doesn't pull his hammy/groin every 3 games like some guys.

Totally get the worry they keep happening, but none have made you worry that he will be pushed out of the league by it. 

Can't worry about it, just rehab him...let him to do what he's been doing this offseason and see how it goes. 12.5 games of Wentz led us to a SB, so I'd take the potential for elite QB play even if it means some years he might be down for maintenance. He can be that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah he broke his wrist hitting a helmet or something his last college season. Not necessarily a long history

It's a history, but they are one off things. If he was a wideout with the Acl you'd be more concerned. but in 2019 and as a QB it's not really a big deal.

These aren't lingering injuries, the way a bad knee or throwing shoulder might be. He doesn't pull his hammy/groin every 3 games like some guys.

Totally get the worry they keep happening, but none have made you worry that he will be pushed out of the league by it. 

Can't worry about it, just rehab him...let him to do what he's been doing this offseason and see how it goes. 12.5 games of Wentz led us to a SB, so I'd take the potential for elite QB play even if it means some years he might be down for maintenance. He can be that good.

He also had a back stress fracture in college. Same thing that just sidelined him this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our FO need to get Dak, Zeke and Coop and have a sit down with all of them at once. They all want thier money and no one is willing to compromise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And for the record I think maybe a tag on Wentz for 1 year until you can get a full 16 from him would have been the prudent move.

I think being everyone to the front of the market on these incoming 3 and 4 year QBs was the smart play...especially how Howie structured it.

I think the average is like $26-$28 mil a year with how it's structured. The difference between that and what Dak and other will likely be getting can help a lot with how we do roster building.
Fill in the holes with a handful of prove it deals that can land you either a good player to resign, or stuff for the comp formula. You look at the run in 2017, these guys were Patrick Robinson, Blount and Chris Long...all of them came up big.

The deal is essentially the same numbers of doing the Cousin Tag Roulette, without the hassle and headaches. And the benefit of having him in place for the long term. Which has been a key to getting guys as cheap as we have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm down to drop all three of them if they aren't willing to compromise for the money. Love the players but the star over everything.

Keep paying our defensive guys. They are our backbone of this team.

Tough times call for tough decisions.

EDIT: When all hope was lost last season. Our defense marched into New Orleans and took their soul.

Remember that. I'ma ride with our defense.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 9:43 PM, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think our FO need to get Dak, Zeke and Coop and have a sit down with all of them at once. They all want thier money and no one is willing to compromise.

There is no way their agents would allow this to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 11:28 PM, resilient part 2 said:

There is no way their agents would allow this to happen

And an agent only cares about how much money their client is gonna get.   Why would they care about other players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coop has PF. Very serious for WRs and one he battled in Oakland during his downturn. 

If he cant recover fully this season, we are back to having a bottom tier pass catching group. Any good WRs on the trade market? I hear Treadwell is available lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Coop has PF. Very serious for WRs and one he battled in Oakland during his downturn. 

If he cant recover fully this season, we are back to having a bottom tier pass catching group. Any good WRs on the trade market? I hear Treadwell is available lmao. 

Well, I'll just go ahead and get the ball rolling...there is another certain WR available that Jerry loves and he still loves the Cowboys. He's only 30 too. Probably cheap as well. Just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WizardHawk said:

Well, I'll just go ahead and get the ball rolling...there is another certain WR available that Jerry loves and he still loves the Cowboys. He's only 30 too. Probably cheap as well. Just sayin'

Yup. If he is cheap, I would take him back. He cant be worse than whatever scrub we are starting once Austin and Cobb are hurt by game 5. 

Callaway from the Browns is also in the doghouse. Super talented kid. Maybe bring him in and assign the Dez rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Coop has PF. Very serious for WRs and one he battled in Oakland during his downturn. 

If he cant recover fully this season, we are back to having a bottom tier pass catching group. Any good WRs on the trade market? I hear Treadwell is available lmao. 

Time for Dak to prove his worth and make lesser players better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×