News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

On 8/15/2019 at 8:58 PM, Matts4313 said:

Lets all agree Dak isnt Brady or Manning. Here is my question - what QB in the ~5-15 range has ever highly elevated terrible WRs? 

Id say Romo did with a couple. 

Cobb was mediocre with the (arguable) #1 QB in the NFL

Austin was terrible with McVay and Goff

Those are the type of guys we are talking about. What QB has elevated a cast of those type of guys? 

McNabb/Garcia in 2006

Besides Westy in the backfield, not anyone all that great. Stallworth probably an ok career comparison overall to Cobb.

JOzSVA1.png?1

Also McNabb had some semblance of an offense 2001-2003 with guys who would be waiting to try their chances in the XFL this year.
Though I'd always contend that was largely because the NFC was a trash heap those years.

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

McNabb/Garcia in 2006

Besides Westy in the backfield, not anyone all that great. Stallworth probably an ok career comparison overall to Cobb.

JOzSVA1.png?1

Also McNabb had some semblance of an offense 2001-2003 with guys who would be waiting to try their chances in the XFL this year.
Though I'd always contend that was largely because the NFC was a trash heap those years.

How elevated is that though? 250-800 yards isnt really huge production. 

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How elevated is that though? 250-800 yards isnt really huge production. 

Fiiiiinnne. I felt bad no one was giving you answers. 

Maybe look at some Brady years? Or maybe Marino....though I’m not sure of the talent in his surrounding cast at all

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Hotboyz is amazing and will forever be associated with Dallas so just accept it or find a different team to root for. 

No, I’ll find the nickname stupid and lame and also continue being a fan. That way I get to be annoyed on multiple levels.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 2