News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

I lost all respect for the guy

I think it is about time that pro football players came to the realization that they are not invincible. The man said he is in pain, and has been for some time. Imagine having his kind of money and education, he is only 30 years old and has the pain and discomfort of a senior citizen. What good is all of that money, family, opportunity at a lucrative career in broadcasting or, DARE I SAY, actually use your f'ing degree to pursue a career like the rest of us. Probably won't get paid nearly close to what the NFL pays but, he got his money.

Point is, I have all the respect in the world for this guy and I hope others follow in his footsteps. He played his time, he earned his pay, his body simply can't hold up, he doesn't want to become addicted to pain meds, because that is what happens when you ignore your body and keep playing, and decided, enough is enough. 

I applaud him and wish him well.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I think it is about time that pro football players came to the realization that they are not invincible. The man said he is in pain, and has been for some time. Imagine having his kind of money and education, he is only 30 years old and has the pain and discomfort of a senior citizen. What good is all of that money, family, opportunity at a lucrative career in broadcasting or, DARE I SAY, actually use your f'ing degree to pursue a career like the rest of us. Probably won't get paid nearly close to what the NFL pays but, he got his money.

Point is, I have all the respect in the world for this guy and I hope others follow in his footsteps. He played his time, he earned his pay, his body simply can't hold up, he doesn't want to become addicted to pain meds, because that is what happens when you ignore your body and keep playing, and decided, enough is enough. 

I applaud him and wish him well.

Who are you?  lol. This is spot on. 

• Like 1

Luck is clearly a new generation football player who understands that health is more important than money and fame.  What’s the point of being rich if you can’t enjoy it?  Do you think Junior Seau’s family wishes Junior would have retired years earlier.  

I think Luck will probably get a well paying TV gig and will eventually wind up in an NFL front office.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Luck is clearly a new generation football player who understands that health is more important than money and fame.  What’s the point of being rich if you can’t enjoy it?  Do you think Junior Seau’s family wishes Junior would have retired years earlier.  

I think Luck will probably get a well paying TV gig and will eventually wind up in an NFL front office.  

I think Luck said it wasn't so much the injuries themselves, but the mental strain of being in a constant state of rehab only for another injury to pop up. That and constantly having to justify his injuries when guys like Irsay are behind the scenes questioning him behind his back and implying that he is soft

13 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I think Luck said it wasn't so much the injuries themselves, but the mental strain of being in a constant state of rehab only for another injury to pop up. That and constantly having to justify his injuries when guys like Irsay are behind the scenes questioning him behind his back and implying that he is soft

That makes for great speculation, but let rational thinking and good decision making have its day. No need to click this in some type of conspiracy, he said she said ish. 

If the NFL would let these players toke it up for pain needs it would solve alot of the pain med issues. And I don't just mean smoking it, using CBD and oils and extracts. It's not addicting, it's not bad on the body or the brain and organs. 

Lost respect for the guy doing this a week before the start of the season. He just didnt want to put in the work anymore

14 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Nah, we don't need Clowney...but if we can trade for Clowney without breaking the bank...

OK let's try. Quinn and Crawford (not needed depth and salary gone) plus O-lineman Collins and Tavon Austin. They get a good return that won't cost us much. We get a stud DE opposite Lawrence. Be bold and go for it. Top SB level defense babay..

who says NO??????

Edited by resilient part 2