News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

According to Next Gen Stats’ Aggressiveness metric, which tracks the amount of passing attempts where a defender is within 1 yard or less of the receiver at the time of completion or incompletion. Prescott threw into some of the tightest windows in 2018 and was tied for No. 8 with a mark of 17.7 percent. He threw into tighter coverage at a higher rate in 2017, having to thread the needle on 19.2 percent of his passes. The addition of Amari Cooper, one of the league’s best route runners, help immensely.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/13/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-2019-nfl-season-advanced-stats/

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

From Reddit: 

b92gkni4d0y21.jpg?width=567&auto=webp&s=

@DaBoys @Calvert28 @plan9misfit

Turns out, facts once again prove you guys wrong about Dak. :D

^^^ there is the comp vs Wentz, Goff and Brady.

Amazing we haven't done better in the playoffs with such a complete team and great QB. I mean any other team would have won the SB with this type of roster. It's really a head scratcher.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Amazing we haven't done better in the playoffs with such a complete team and great QB. I mean any other team would have won the SB with this type of roster. It's really a head scratcher.

No its not. Because our team isnt as complete as many of you believe. Plus we had a terrible OC. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No its not. Because our team isnt as complete as many of you believe. Plus we had a terrible OC. 

Many more teams have done more with less. But I agree about the OC, h/e like I said before, it's judgement time.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, Calvert28 said:

I really hope they are right about his character. Hit potential seems pro bowl worthy. I just worry about why he dropped with so much talent.

New coaching regime wanted him to play 1T.  He was unhappy about it and fell out of favor, that is until the conference championship when the coaching staff magically allowed him to play all game at 3T

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Ok fine. Dak throws well into tight windows. It's just the wide open receivers running down the sideline that he cant hit.

The numbers are right there in the link. He throws the deep ball =/> Goff, Wentz and Brady