News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Wasn't everyone saying Brady was having a down year? 

I know you had to have seen the big blue info-graphic. I had to post it a dozen times. He was rated top 10 in every category. He was as high as top 5 in several, but I would be lying if I said I remembered. 

The production looks good but really only came from two games. TG against Washington, and overtime against Philly. 

Amari had 725 yards and 6 TDs as a Cowboy. 393 yards and 5 TDs came from these two games. 

The other 7 games Amari averaged 46 yards and .14 TDs per game.

We were carried by Zeke or our defense against teams like NO, Atl, TB, or we just got our butt whooped like IND and Ten. 

Those two games of 400 receiving yards and 5 TDs were great though. Dak had monster passing numbers those 2 games.

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

How’d Brady do in the playoffs again? Oh, he won another Super Bowl. Yeah, I almost forgot.

Here is something interesting, Tom Bradys defense, on average, holds teams to 30% less than the rest of the teams in the playoffs. Case in point - The cowboys gave up 30 to the rams, the pats gave up 10. 

If the pats gave up 30, they lose that superbowl. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Here is something interesting, Tom Bradys defense, on average, holds teams to 30% less than the rest of the teams in the playoffs. Case in point - The cowboys gave up 30 to the rams, the pats gave up 10. 

Our defense shat the bed big time. Dak was not all world that game, but it was certainly a solid Dak performance. He even had a few dropped passes.

Zeke sucked and our defense sucked. The two things that carried us all year. The two things that even got us to LA, sucked big time once we got there. Dak, under Linehan, was not enough to recover.

Moore will change all of this.

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

the pats have someone with a brain making decisions.   The Rams kept running it down our throat and we never went heavy.   Heck I would thrown an Olineman in the middle of the dline if need be and make Goff or a jet sweep beat us.

21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Here’s another interesting thing: Brady has 1/3 the number of offensive weapons and yet still found ways to win. Why? Because he’s the GOAT.

Never compare Quincy to Brady ever again. 

10 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

the pats have someone with a brain making decisions.   The Rams kept running it down our throat and we never went heavy.   Heck I would thrown an Olineman in the middle of the dline if need be and make Goff or a jet sweep beat us.

I still wished we got Greg Gaines.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/connor-williams-offseason-is-worth-the-weight

“The main focus during the offseason is strength and getting the power up,” the second-year guard said. “I think I’ve put myself in a good position. Now it’s just about refining the technique and feeling comfortable.”

Now, four months into the offseason, Williams’ hard work in the weight room is apparent. He’s up to a rugged 315 pounds after playing at a “light 300” last year, he said.

Williams has been a standout performer in the voluntary program to this point, improving his rookie strength numbers. He credits his lifting partner, All-Pro guard Zack Martin, and Cowboys director of strength and conditioning Mike Woicik, for support this spring.

Football is very important to him,” Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones said recently. “He loves the game, and my understanding he's put on some really good weight and added some really good strength. I think he can make a big jump.”

• Like 2