News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Here’s another interesting thing: Brady has 1/3 the number of offensive weapons and yet still found ways to win. Why? Because he’s the GOAT.

Never compare Quincy to Brady ever again. 

Are you resorting to lying? Bradys OL were better pass blockers, his WRs were rated higher, clearly better TEs.... And his RB and Defense didnt fold like cheap hookers.

Never compare Bradys team to Daks ever again.

"Let him do everything," Prescott said. "I mean, honestly, put him in the backfield, put him outside, put him inside, ask him to block, ask him to take a jet sweep. I mean, he's got film doing all those things and doing all those things really well. I think if we're not utilizing all of his athleticism and just his versatility, then we're cheating him as a player and we're not getting everything we want as an offense."

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4769316/randall-cobb-might-feel-lost-with-cowboys-but-he-doesnt-look-it

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you resorting to lying? Bradys OL were better pass blockers, his WRs were rated higher, clearly better TEs.... And his RB and Defense didnt fold like cheap hookers.

You’ve clearly lost your mind.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

You’ve clearly lost your mind.

Lets have a challenge. You find evidence to support your point (stats, professional rankings) and I will find them to support mine. Wanna do it?

Because I guarantee you I will win.

Our offensive weapons were terrible save Cooper. Our OL was 5th worst in pass blocking. Not to mention coaching. And didnt our all pro RB poop the bed in the playoffs? And didnt their first round RB break records in the playoffs? 

This wont be a challenge. It will be a massacre. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Lets have a challenge. You find evidence to support your point (stats, professional rankings) and I will find them to support mine. Wanna do it?

Our offensive weapons were terrible save Cooper. Our OL was 5th worst in pass blocking. Not to mention coaching. And didnt our all pro RB poop the bed in the playoffs? And didnt their first round RB break records in the playoffs? 

I’m not the one who compared Quincy to Tom Brady. How about this: why don’t you just post a poll in the NFL forum and let’s see who they feel is better. I’ll bet my life that Brady will win.

Massacre my a$$. Get over yourself and your garbage “challenges”. They’re as absurd as they are stupid. Move on. 

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m not the one who compared Quincy to Tom Brady. How about this: why don’t you just post a poll in the NFL forum and let’s see who they feel is better. I’ll bet my life that Brady will win.

Massacre my a$$. Get over yourself and your garbage “challenges”. They’re as absurd as they are stupid. Move on. 

........... Cmon man. I compared Bradys team to Daks Team. Dont twist it. You said Brady won with 1/3 the players. 

So do you want me to ask the NFL Gen: Does the Pats offense have 1/3 the talent that the Cowboys do? Because thats literally what you said:

YOU: Brady has 1/3 the number of offensive weapons

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn those all-pro scrubs. I cant believe Dak has to work with the leagues consecutive leading rusher, 3 of the best linemen at their position in football and a receiver that put up pro bowl stats. When are we gonna get Dak some real talent to work with. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You can't say Zeke was "terrible" when we likely don't get to the playoffs without him. And you can't say he pooped the bed in the "playoffs" (the whole playoffs)when we likely dont get to LA without his 170 yard 1 TD performance in the playoff game the week before. I mean, even with the Rams game he finished the playoffs with 235 total yards and 2 TDs in 2 games. Not great by Zekes standards but not horrible.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

You can't say Zeke was "terrible" when we likely don't get to the playoffs without him. And you can't say he pooped the bed in the "playoffs" (the whole playoffs)when we likely dont get to LA without his 170 yard 1 TD performance in the playoff game the week before. I mean, even with the Rams game he finished the playoffs with 235 total yards and 2 TDs in 2 games. Not great by Zekes standards but not horrible.

Don’t bother. Matts is convinced that Quincy is better than Brady because of cherry picked stats n’ stuff, that the Pats have a better roster of offensive players (even though their offense was comprised of one WR [who was suspended for 4 games for PEDs], a broken TE, and no real RB, and has really never comprised of much more than that other than when Randy Moss was there), and that the Pats’ 9 Super Bowl appearances had nothing to do with Brady being the GOAT at his position. Clearly, if Quincy only had real weapons (aside from 3 All Pro offensive linemen and arguably the best RB in the league) he’d be a multi-time Super Bowl winning QB.

Edited by plan9misfit

Sturm is doing 4 part article on Cowboys OL. Part 1 (weeks 1-4) out today if you have subscription to The Athletic (highly recommend btw).

For those who don't... a few highlights

• The Cowboys pulled something off pretty unbelievable this season: They went to the playoffs despite one of the worst pass-protection units in all of the NFL. In fact, something about the state of Texas this year was very, very odd. The Houston Texans gave up more sacks (62) than any other team and still made the playoffs. The Cowboys gave up the second-most sacks (56) in the entire league
  • Pro Football Focus tries to grade every quarterback and his respective blame on sacks, and has ruled that the three quarterbacks who are responsible for the most sacks this season are .... Prescott (15), Watson (14) and Wilson (13). 
  • If the Cowboys suffered 56 sacks — 58, if you factor two more from the playoffs — and the quarterback was blamed for 15 of them, are you telling me that other reasons were still responsible for an amazing 41 more sacks?
  • The line was bad in several ways last season, but it was undeniably a bad pass-protection unit.

How bad? If you deduct the 15 sacks that Prescott caused himself (according to PFF), the Cowboys still allowed more sacks than 19 other NFL teams. Think about that. With an offensive line that has been called elite for many years, they allowed more sacks in 2018 than in any season since Drew Bledsoe — best described as a sitting duck back in the pocket with almost no movement skills whatsoever — was under center in 2005.

• ..... the first month of the season featured a ridiculous 14 sacks, and the quarterback led the way with five of them (3 vs DET) The rookie left guard was in on 3.5, and yes, Tyron Smith had two.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Sturm is doing 4 part article on Cowboys OL. Part 1 (weeks 1-4) out today if you have subscription to The Athletic (highly recommend btw).

For those who don't... a few highlights

• The Cowboys pulled something off pretty unbelievable this season: They went to the playoffs despite one of the worst pass-protection units in all of the NFL. In fact, something about the state of Texas this year was very, very odd. The Houston Texans gave up more sacks (62) than any other team and still made the playoffs. The Cowboys gave up the second-most sacks (56) in the entire league
  • Pro Football Focus tries to grade every quarterback and his respective blame on sacks, and has ruled that the three quarterbacks who are responsible for the most sacks this season are .... Prescott (15), Watson (14) and Wilson (13). 
  • If the Cowboys suffered 56 sacks — 58, if you factor two more from the playoffs — and the quarterback was blamed for 15 of them, are you telling me that other reasons were still responsible for an amazing 41 more sacks?
  • The line was bad in several ways last season, but it was undeniably a bad pass-protection unit.

How bad? If you deduct the 15 sacks that Prescott caused himself (according to PFF), the Cowboys still allowed more sacks than 19 other NFL teams. Think about that. With an offensive line that has been called elite for many years, they allowed more sacks in 2018 than in any season since Drew Bledsoe — best described as a sitting duck back in the pocket with almost no movement skills whatsoever — was under center in 2005.

• ..... the first month of the season featured a ridiculous 14 sacks, and the quarterback led the way with five of them (3 vs DET) The rookie left guard was in on 3.5, and yes, Tyron Smith had two.

I haven't read the piece yet, so I'm not sure if he dives into this, but I'm sure the Paul Alexander debacle contributed to a poor overall showing from the offensive line. Techniques and scheme were overhauled, and even adjusting midseason to what Columbo was asking for isn't easy to do. That, and losing the QB of the o-line who calls out the protections were probably huge contributors.