News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

wait a minute. so under the thread "news and notes' there are Dak debates/quarrels going on????? shame shame shame.

where are the Mods???

Working 😂

Seriously though - let’s take the Dak debate elsewhere.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We should censor "Dak" and make everyone type out "Dakota Rayne Prescott" every-time they want to talk about him. Won't stop it but will slow it down 

I don't think spelling out his name will stop Matt from tagging everyone anytime a sliver of Dak news comes out. It may excite him more.

But seriously we are getting tagged on Dak posts, and responding(to the guy who created this thread mind you).

I've shared news about Connor Williams, Kellen Moore, and Jason Witten in here recently. No one cares. 

The "haters" aren't the ones constantly wanting to Dak it out. It's the fan boys who want nothing more than for us to be wrong. 

The only thing that will change my mind on Dak can't happen during the off season. He has to prove it on the field. Down playing the offensive talent around him is hogwash, and borderline trolling.

Now here's non Dak news:

Fredbread:

Frederick is pleased with his recovery, though. And, despite the frustration of missing an entire season with the debilitating illness, he did gain a different – and helpful – perspective away from the field.

“I see the game a little bit differently than I did before,” he said. “A lot of times during the season you are so focused on your technique and focused on what it takes physically to get your job done, you don’t get a great chance to advance mentally. And a lot of times you do that during the offseason, you do your best to do that.

“But to get to see real live looks all the time and see the way defenses are disguising things and what kind of coverages they’re moving to using more normally, I think was really beneficial to me. And I’ve seen the benefits of that already in OTAs.”

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/what-travis-frederick-gained-during-time-away

• Like 2

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Because he’s not that player. You know who is? Tom Brady. And, do you know which QB never broke the bank on his contract to ensure that other players could be retained (as a means of increasing the odds to win championships)? Tom Brady.

The rest? Well, they either never won a championship or never won another one after signing those albatross deals.

This is horse poop once again. 

Pre-marriage Brady was the highest (top 3) paid QB in the NFL.

You should really start using facts to support your opinion. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think spelling out his name will stop Matt from tagging everyone anytime a sliver of Dak news comes out. It may excite him more.

But seriously we are getting tagged on Dak posts, and responding(to the guy who created this thread mind you).

I've shared news about Connor Williams, Kellen Moore, and Jason Witten in here recently. No one cares. 

The "haters" aren't the ones constantly wanting to Dak it out. It's the fan boys who want nothing more than for us to be wrong. 

The only thing that will change my mind on Dak can't happen during the off season. He has to prove it on the field. Down playing the offensive talent around him is hogwash, and borderline trolling.

Now here's non Dak news:

Fredbread:

Frederick is pleased with his recovery, though. And, despite the frustration of missing an entire season with the debilitating illness, he did gain a different – and helpful – perspective away from the field.

“I see the game a little bit differently than I did before,” he said. “A lot of times during the season you are so focused on your technique and focused on what it takes physically to get your job done, you don’t get a great chance to advance mentally. And a lot of times you do that during the offseason, you do your best to do that.

“But to get to see real live looks all the time and see the way defenses are disguising things and what kind of coverages they’re moving to using more normally, I think was really beneficial to me. And I’ve seen the benefits of that already in OTAs.”

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/what-travis-frederick-gained-during-time-away

The haters aren't the only ones to blame in a fight, BUT implying the Haters never hijacked a thread or 2, 3 or 5 or 6 or more for that matter is like Jack the ripper complaining about the crime rate. You guys relish in anti/defalting Dak as much or more than anyone defending him. SO Speak to the handShame on you

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

All you did was link to his earnings, proving me right?

You realize you didnt show me to be wrong.... right?

You are really bad at this whole being correct thing.

by nearly every method of calculation employed in NFL circles, though, the deal still makes Brady one of the highest paid players in the league.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2054072

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

All you did was link to his earnings, proving me right?

You realize you didnt show me to be wrong.... right?

You are really bad at this whole being correct thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-contract-discounts-patriots-bargain-2018-7

Seriously, just stop. It’s well documented that Brady has deliberately left money on the table as a means of keeping other players.

Sturm's OL breakdown continued....

If you have a QB who fumbles a lot, I am willing to guarantee you that he gets sacked a lot, too. The top-10 lists on both match up pretty closely:

Rank Player Sacked Fumbles
1 Deshaun Watson 62 9
2 Dak Prescott 56 12
3t Derek Carr 51 12
3t Russell Wilson 51 10
5 Aaron Rodgers 49 6
6 Eli Manning 47 7
7 Josh Rosen 45 10
8t Marcus Mariota 42 9
8t Matt Ryan 42 10
10t Kirk Cousins 40 9

In their first eight games, the Cowboys offensive line had 40 starting spots (5 x 8 = 40). Of those 40, the same starting line was present for every single start. 

Screen-Shot-2019-06-02-at-6.57.25-PM.png

Today we have to look at SEVENTEEN sacks from Week 9 until Week 12. Somehow, the Cowboys managed to go 4-0 during this stretch. Show me a team that gives up 17 sacks in four weeks, and I will show you a team that has lost several of those games. How they did both of these things is a real marvel. It probably isn’t hard to connect the dots below. This is when the injuries started coming fast and furious.....

Screen-Shot-2019-06-02-at-6.57.36-PM.png

Weeks 9-12 ....

Sack # Game Time Sack Bust Notes Blitz
29 Wk10 PHI 1/12:42 Graham La’el Collins/Su’a-Filo XSF also, but probably more Collins  
30 Wk10 PHI 2/4:51 Bennett Dak Prescott Dak wandered out of his space  
31 Wk10 PHI 2/1:20 Graham/Long Xavier Su’a-Filo Graham inside, Long vs Collins  
32 Wk10 PHI 3/15:00 Bennett Scheme Naked Boot  
33 Wk11 ATL 2/6:00 Beasley Dak Prescott Over 4 seconds  
34 WK11 ATL 3/12:00 Beasley La’el Collins Destroyed by Beasley  
35 WK12 WAS 1/0:40 Allen Cam Fleming full pocket collapse  
36 WK12 WAS 2/9:18 Payne Xavier Su’a-Filo/Joe Looney 2.4 just not enough  
37 WK12 WAS 2/1:43 Kerrigan/Smith La’el Collins Kerrigan got Collins  
38 WK12 WAS 2/0:36 Smith Cam Fleming Preston Smith big win  
39 Wk13 NO 1/10:09 Onyemata Xavier Su’a-Filo Man beat him, Looney turned other way  
40 Wk13 NO 1/7:45 Onyemata Xavier Su’a-Filo Screen destroyed? Y
41 Wk13 NO 2/9:40 Jordan Dak Prescott 71 beat, but 3.8 seconds  
42 Wk13 NO 2/1:43 Onyemata Xavier Su’a-Filo Just mauled  
43 Wk13 NO 3/8:20 Klein Dak Prescott Blitzing LB got him Y
44 Wk13 NO 4/4:01 Stallworth Dak Prescott He bailed pretty early into trouble  
45 Wk13 NO 4/3:06 Jordan La’el Collins Cam Jordan destruction Y

Our dubious leaderboard through 12 games is as follows:

Dak Prescott: 14

La’el Collins: 7

Connor Williams: 6.5

Xavier Su’a-Filo: 5 (in just four games!)

Scheme: 5

Tyron Smith: 3

The Saints game was brutal. I think it's ok to assign Dak the blame for sack #44, but I get why he bailed too. XSF/Looney were getting beat by Stallworth on play. XSF in particular had a Chaz Green type game. He was truly awful.