News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

I know McClay seems perfectly content in Dallas, but I wonder if someone gives him a blank check at some point. Crazy amount of success in the draft.

Will be curious to see if McClay gets a bigger say in finding JG’s replacement should he fail to produce this season.

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I know McClay seems perfectly content in Dallas, but I wonder if someone gives him a blank check at some point. Crazy amount of success in the draft.

Will be curious to see if McClay gets a bigger say in finding JG’s replacement should he fail to produce this season.

Did you hear McClays interview a couple weeks back? He gets all the pay and perks of the GM with non of the downsides. I doubt he is going anywhere. 

• Like 1

FRISCO - It's a juicy and troublesome story that suggests big problems in the contract extension talks between Amari Cooper and the Dallas Cowboys. The juicy and troublesome story: That the receiver's "contract demands were deemed shockingly high'' by the Cowboys.

But the truth is far less juicy and far less troublesome. The Cowboys are not at all shocked by Cooper's contract proposal. And why not?

"Because,'' said a source close to the negotiations, "the Cowboys have not yet received a contract proposal from Amari Cooper.''

Oh.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Sources-Amari-Cooper-shockingly-high-Cowboys-contract-demand-never-happened-131890361/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Pre snap will get better in time. Dak is smart enough to figure it out. Its always the last thing to develop.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I thought Williams was good for a rookie. He was often in the right spot and did the right thing, he just was a little weak in his base. Needs to get stronger. Having Fredrick would have completely changed things IMO. 

• Like 1

Evidently the only thing the Cowboys need to Win SB's is for them not to take Max contracts.

"As I told DeMarcus Lawrence, and I'll tell all three of these guys: I'd love for you to max out and give you exactly what you want, because y'all have worked hard and you deserve to have a big contract. But if we want to put together the type of team we want to have with the Cowboys ...," Jones said Wednesday at the team's annual sponsor's golf tournament at Cowboys Golf Club.

"That's not their job. It's not their job to manage the cap; I understand that. But it is my job and [owner Jerry Jones'] job, so they will understand why we're negotiating hard to make the very best deal we can. Because the money, if we can talk them into not maxing out  doing well, but not maxed then that allows us to have other good football players around them."

You look at the TV booths, and you look at what these players do off the field," Jones said. "If we can put Super Bowl rings on these guys, then they'll be legends around this area for many, many, many years to come. What they give up a little bit in their contract, they should be able to invest in being a Cowboy and making our teams better.

Prudent leadership. This is awesome. Great job SJ. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

It's been rumored that Taco will be tried out or moved to DT.   I am assuming 1T, even though he's kind of undersized for that position, since there's a lot of talent at the 3T spot following the draft and udfa signings.    I also can't imagine that we are gonna get get more than a 7th for him, if we try to trade for a pick.    Therefore,   what do you think about trying to trade him for Vernon Butler?   Numbers are pretty close.   Carolina declined his 5th year option.   It's another big body at 1T(6'4" 330lbs).   Maybe Marinelli can motivate him.   Just a thought.