News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

When healthy, Wentz is better than Dak. 

But this is way to much money for Wentz.

I'm laughing at this move and damn sure not in a hurry to make the same mistake. 

Not in durability or statistically. But if all you care about is that one little stretch where Wentz played out of his mind... Then sure. 

They are a lot closer than people want to give Dak credit for. 

I think Wentz is a tad more talented. But when you factor in his turnovers and durability, I think its a toss up. 

• Like 1

@WizardHawk => Can you look at those sturm articles and tell me if Daks "self sacks" improved throughout the year? 

I have a theory that his self sacks went down after we changed OL coachs, got Cooper and Daks confidence went up. But I dont have a subscription to the Athletic. 

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@WizardHawk => Can you look at those sturm articles and tell me if Daks "self sacks" improved throughout the year? 

I have a theory that his self sacks went down after we changed OL coachs, got Cooper and Daks confidence went up. But I dont have a subscription to the Athletic. 

He had 9 through 8 games. He finished with 15.

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He had 9 through 8 games. He finished with 15.

I was more curious about the last ~5ish* games and 2 playoff games. After they all really started to gel. 

If in those ~7 games he only had a few, then we can say there was marked improvement. 

*I pulled 5 out of my rear without looking anything up. 

@WizardHawk

Tight end Jason Witten, 37, took all the snaps with the first team in practice on Wednesday. If the Cowboys plan to have him split snaps with Blake Jarwin they are having a funny way in showing it. There is no question Witten is the best and most experienced tight end on the roster. He may not be limited to 25 snaps as sources initially said when they re-signed him out of retirement. 

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

@WizardHawk

Tight end Jason Witten, 37, took all the snaps with the first team in practice on Wednesday. If the Cowboys plan to have him split snaps with Blake Jarwin they are having a funny way in showing it. There is no question Witten is the best and most experienced tight end on the roster. He may not be limited to 25 snaps as sources initially said when they re-signed him out of retirement. 

I mean, if he's actually the best tight end on the roster, then I have no problem with him getting the most snaps. Of course, that probably says more about the other options than Witten at this point

• Like 1