Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Features

• Marvel Dream Teams – Assemble your dream team of Super Heroes from the Marvel Universe, each with their unique superpowers.
  • New Heroes – The Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Scarlet Witch and more join the “Ultimate Alliance” for the first time.
  • Original Story – Super Heroes and Super Villains battle Thanos and The Black Order across the Marvel Universe in this new original story.
  • Local and Online Multiplayer – The game can be played offline or online* with up to 4 players** on a single screen or using multiple systems.
  • Heroic Camera – In addition to the series’ traditional perspective, players can also select a dynamic, zoomed-in view, allowing for a more immersive play style for single-player or multiplayer when using multiple systems.
  • Multiple ways to play – Play with the Joy-Con™ controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller (sold separately).

The previous games in this series were on the Playstation and Xbox.  Some people believe this is a timed exclusive for Nintendo and will eventually be on other consoles.  Here is what I posted in a different thread about that point:

The first game was developed for the PS2, PS3 and Xbox One by Raven Software and published by Activision.  The second game was developed by different studios for different consoles, but it was also published by Activision.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is being developed by Team Ninja, which is a Japanese company and the game is only being developed for the Nintendo Switch.  Also, this game is not published by Activision like the first two games were.  This game is being published by Nintendo.

Basically, there still might be a chance this comes out on other platforms in the future, but it's not something I would definitely count on.

54 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

Damnit, now I have to buy a switch.  I still play 1 & 2 regularly.

I've seen a lot of people say they were going to buy a Switch because of this game.  It's a system seller, for sure.  A Switch is a great investment with tons of great games.  One of the greatest consoles ever made.

Gameinformer is covering this game and a bunch of news about it is coming out and will continue to come out.  Here's some tidbits:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/334813-tons-of-info-on-marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-the-black-order-game

- Marvel Games is providing writing talent, character selections, and watching over authenticity
- Nintendo visited Marvel before the Switch was publicly revealed in order to show them the hardware and plans moving forward
- this presentation convinced Marvel Games to work with Nintendo on the game
- Marvel and Nintendo both wanted to see the Ultimate Alliance series come back
- Marc Sumerak is heading up the writing, and has written numerous Avengers stories in the past
- the story 'rides the line between comics and movies'

- characters are introduced with word graphics featuring names and witty descriptions
- tutorials are brief and folded into fights

- each character has a general style of attack and specialty, all of which can be leveled up
- Scarlet Witch can buff her teammates with a radius healing effect
- Daredevil can use radar sense to identify weaknesses
- Rocket and Groot are a single playable character who work together
- Groot will whip enemies with his vines, and then light them up with a Quantum Igniter

- roster features over two dozen characters

- customize your characters with different abilities and stats

- Synergy Attacks are unique ability combos between two heroes
- for example, Iron Man can shoot Captain America's shield to split the laser
- Storm and Thor can create a cyclone together
- these Synergy Attacks feature button prompts that players have to hit together to activate

- Infinity Trials offer new twists and variations on battles, and will net you rewards for completion
- Infinity Trials are seen as rifts throughout the main story, but you can unlock a menu option for these trials midway through the game
- Infinity Trials are split into groups, and each has a serious of challenges to tackle
- new Infinity Trials open up as you complete previous entries
- there will be rewards in Infinity Trials that can't be gained anywhere else
- Infinity Trials have wave battles, countdown trials that put you against a timer, and ability trials that weaken regular attacks while charging up abilities and synergies

- beating the game once will open up a new difficulty level with better rewards
- carry over alliance enhancements and character levels for your second playthrough
- you can also select the chapters you'd specifically like to replay
- the story is a new take on the Infinity Stones storyline exclusive to the game

- the game will also contain a number of Marvel villains outside of the Black Order

- locations include Shadowland, New York, Avengers Tower, X-Mansion, and many more

- confirmed characters thus far include: Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Daredevil, Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Drax, Falcon, Gamora, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Nightcrawler, Rocket & Groot, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Storm, Thor, Venom, Wasp, and Wolverine

5 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

There's my foursome...shut up and take my money

Money already taken.  I've pre-ordered the game already.

Also, you're probably perfect for this since you said you play the first two games even still.  What kind of games are these?  I really enjoy games like Diablo - which is an action RPG just like this game.  Leveling a character up, loot, grindy type of game.  I know you also play a lot Destiny, which I also enjoyed.  One similarity between Diablo and Destiny is that there are loot for many different pieces (weapons, helmets, chest, legs, boots, etc).  See, I don't enjoy Borderlands.  I've tried to play it and it's boring to me because it's mainly looting just for weapons.

With all that said, I know this game doesn't have looting for items.  I'm assuming you just level up characters and their abilities?  So what other games would you kind of compare MUA to and what is the deep replayabilty factor of these games without loot?

15 hours ago, showtime said:

Money already taken.  I've pre-ordered the game already.

Also, you're probably perfect for this since you said you play the first two games even still.  What kind of games are these?  I really enjoy games like Diablo - which is an action RPG just like this game.  Leveling a character up, loot, grindy type of game.  I know you also play a lot Destiny, which I also enjoyed.  One similarity between Diablo and Destiny is that there are loot for many different pieces (weapons, helmets, chest, legs, boots, etc).  See, I don't enjoy Borderlands.  I've tried to play it and it's boring to me because it's mainly looting just for weapons.

With all that said, I know this game doesn't have looting for items.  I'm assuming you just level up characters and their abilities?  So what other games would you kind of compare MUA to and what is the deep replayabilty factor of these games without loot?

So Game Stop classifies these games as "Action", IDK if there's a specific genre per se.  I call it scroller action RPG. 

My taste in games is extremely weird.  I usually love the games that people hate, and hate the games that people love.  Couple of examples.. The Division.  Hate it.  Don't know why.  Two Worlds (older game on 360).  Loved it.  Was a pretty crappy game in general but I loved it.  Even Diablo, it's kind of meh for me, but I play it, very weird.

Loves:
Destiny (both)
MUA (both)
Borderlands (all)
Army of Two (all)
State of Decay (both)
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
All Lego games
Modern Warfare 1&2
Black Ops 1&2
Ark
Rainbow 6 Vegas (both)
Madden (fallen off recently)
RDR
NHL
FIFA
BF4
NCAA
Tiger Woods
Dante's Inferno
HZD (PS4)
MLB The Show (PS4)

Hate/Won't Play:
Division (both)
Ghost Recon (all)
Apex
Fortnite
Titanfall (both)
Black Ops 3
Mass Effect
SW Battlefront
Modern Warfare 3
BF 1&5
Monster Hunter World
Overwatch

Meh:
PUBG
Black Ops 4
Anthem
Diablo
GTA
Halo
Halo Wars
Days Gone (PS4)
Warframe
Smite

There's a smattering of why my taste is weird, and all over the place.

MUA is one of those games I can't explain as to why I love it.  Maybe it's the different combos of characters you can throw together, or being able to use the anti heroes.  Yes, you just play through and level up characters and abilities, there are some instances where you can unlock extra skins, or complete different tasks (kill 50 guys with attack A or whatever) to unlock the skins too.

The only comparison I would make between MUA and Borderlands is that the leveling system is similar, minus the guns/looting, I mean you're leveling up your "super" ability in BL, similar to you abilities in MUA.  Diablo might be the best comparison minus looting.  (Did that make any sense??)  The replay factor for me is just the different combos you can do with the multiple characters, and beating the campaign playing as a different main character every time.