Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

3 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

The only comparison I would make between MUA and Borderlands is that the leveling system is similar, minus the guns/looting, I mean you're leveling up your "super" ability in BL, similar to you abilities in MUA.  Diablo might be the best comparison minus looting.  (Did that make any sense??)  The replay factor for me is just the different combos you can do with the multiple characters, and beating the campaign playing as a different main character every time.

Okay so, in Diablo, as you probably already know - In Diablo nobody plays the story mode (outside of the first time).  Most people play adventure mode and just do rifts or greater rifts as their form of replayability.  You can constantly hope for better gear or try and challenge the leaderboards.

Is there anything like that in MUA?  Just playing the same story mode over and over again sounds like it can be boring. 

35 minutes ago, showtime said:

Okay so, in Diablo, as you probably already know - In Diablo nobody plays the story mode (outside of the first time).  Most people play adventure mode and just do rifts or greater rifts as their form of replayability.  You can constantly hope for better gear or try and challenge the leaderboards.

Is there anything like that in MUA?  Just playing the same story mode over and over again sounds like it can be boring. 

There is a competitive mode in 1, I've never played it.  MUA 2 was actually a lesser game of the two, it just had more characters.  I just like the combination/possibilities, plus I forgot to mention the pick a side - esque storyline.

Here's some summaries of the first two:

MUA 1
Assemble your Super Heroes. Experience the full scale of the Marvel universe with a combined cast of more than 140 popular comic book characters. Create the ultimate Marvel dream team, from an initial roster of 20 playable Marvel Super Heroes, and unlock more as you progress. Dynamically switch team members and instantly access their unique superpowers.
* Customize your team. Use a universal team upgrade system to balance your heroes' powers, or customize each member to maximize their effectiveness. Total team customization means you can outfit your heroes with a vast selection of power-boosting equipment, create a team name, team icon and team vehicle, and establish your team's reputation as the story progresses.
* Change the course of the game. Control the fate of the Marvel universe. The missions you accept, the objectives completed, and how you interact with other characters throughout the game will have a direct impact on how the story plays out.
* Fight in no-holds-barred combat. With dynamic combat capabilities, Super Heroes can now fight while airborne, on the ground and even submerged underwater. Experience a host of combat tactics and accessories, including grappling, charge attacks and a destructible environment, where objects such as lampposts and chairs can become dangerous weapons.
* Cooperate or compete online. In addition to engaging in the epic single-player storyline, you can converge in battle, online or offline, against the world's most evil Super Villains. Switch between cooperative and competitive mode to partner or challenge up to three other players.

MUA 2

* Create and customize your ultimate team. Assemble your dream team from the Marvel Universe and select from over 24 playable characters, each with specialized powers.
* Cooperate with your ultimate alliance. Take full advantage of the Marvel Universe by playing Cooperative Mode with up to four friends, both online and offline.
* Choose a side in Marvel's Civil War. Pick a side in the ultimate ideological rift that could yield irreparable consequences for the Super Hero community! Support the pro-registration side and defend national security, or choose to be anti-registration and fight for personal liberties.
*Fight fear with fusion. Combine Super Hero powers for devastating results. Team up with Human Torch and Thor to create a spectacular fiery tornado. Over 250 unique fusions arm you with an unimaginable arsenal for unprecedented battles.
* Wield next-gen superpower in fully destructible environments. Demolish and interact with everything in your path.

4 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

There is a competitive mode in 1, I've never played it.  MUA 2 was actually a lesser game of the two, it just had more characters.  I just like the combination/possibilities, plus I forgot to mention the pick a side - esque storyline.

Here's some summaries of the first two:

MUA 1
Assemble your Super Heroes. Experience the full scale of the Marvel universe with a combined cast of more than 140 popular comic book characters. Create the ultimate Marvel dream team, from an initial roster of 20 playable Marvel Super Heroes, and unlock more as you progress. Dynamically switch team members and instantly access their unique superpowers.
* Customize your team. Use a universal team upgrade system to balance your heroes' powers, or customize each member to maximize their effectiveness. Total team customization means you can outfit your heroes with a vast selection of power-boosting equipment, create a team name, team icon and team vehicle, and establish your team's reputation as the story progresses.
* Change the course of the game. Control the fate of the Marvel universe. The missions you accept, the objectives completed, and how you interact with other characters throughout the game will have a direct impact on how the story plays out.
* Fight in no-holds-barred combat. With dynamic combat capabilities, Super Heroes can now fight while airborne, on the ground and even submerged underwater. Experience a host of combat tactics and accessories, including grappling, charge attacks and a destructible environment, where objects such as lampposts and chairs can become dangerous weapons.
* Cooperate or compete online. In addition to engaging in the epic single-player storyline, you can converge in battle, online or offline, against the world's most evil Super Villains. Switch between cooperative and competitive mode to partner or challenge up to three other players.

MUA 2

* Create and customize your ultimate team. Assemble your dream team from the Marvel Universe and select from over 24 playable characters, each with specialized powers.
* Cooperate with your ultimate alliance. Take full advantage of the Marvel Universe by playing Cooperative Mode with up to four friends, both online and offline.
* Choose a side in Marvel's Civil War. Pick a side in the ultimate ideological rift that could yield irreparable consequences for the Super Hero community! Support the pro-registration side and defend national security, or choose to be anti-registration and fight for personal liberties.
*Fight fear with fusion. Combine Super Hero powers for devastating results. Team up with Human Torch and Thor to create a spectacular fiery tornado. Over 250 unique fusions arm you with an unimaginable arsenal for unprecedented battles.
* Wield next-gen superpower in fully destructible environments. Demolish and interact with everything in your path.

Cool thanks.  I guess we'll have to wait until more details release about MUA 3.  I'm just hoping the game has some type of stuff to do outside of the story that's fun as hell like Diablo and Destiny does.  If it has that, I'll be playing for years.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Cool thanks.  I guess we'll have to wait until more details release about MUA 3.  I'm just hoping the game has some type of stuff to do outside of the story that's fun as hell like Diablo and Destiny does.  If it has that, I'll be playing for years.

That's what I'm hoping for. As it is it still sounds like a must-buy, but I'm hoping that it's a game that can be played for months and months. 

On 5/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, showtime said:

Basically, there still might be a chance this comes out on other platforms in the future, but it's not something I would definitely count on.

I doubt it. The PS4 and Xbox One are getting the Square-Enix Avengers game from Crystal Dynamics, which probably also factored into the Switch exclusivity (it could be cross-gen on PS5/Xbox Scarlett as well). Nintendo wanted a piece of that Marvel pie as well. They themselves vouched for a new Ultimate Alliance game.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:24 PM, showtime said:

The game will be 13.2 GB for people who will buy it digitally.  Not sure about if you purchase the physical copy.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order_file_size_revealed

It’s pretty cool to me that in this digital age of everything, my 7 year old prefers the physical copies.  We’ve got a Legend of Zelda case for Switch games and he loves putting the cartridges in and taking them out to play.