Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

14 hours ago, JonStark said:

Who's everyone's dream team in this? 

I'm shooting for a top 5 of Cap, Wolverine, Deadpool, Spiderman, and Venom (HM: Scarlett Witch & Ghost Rider). If The Punisher is available somehow he'll slide in there somewhere. 

I'm going with a similar one. Cap, Deadpool, Ghost Rider,  Witch, and either Thor or Captain Marvel

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

Thats disappointing. They definitely stayed true to what Ultimate Alliance has always been, but I'm surprised they dont have any end game content. Combine that with there being no combo attacks, it will be a fun game for the first playthrough and than after that feel repetitive.

11 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Thats disappointing. They definitely stayed true to what Ultimate Alliance has always been, but I'm surprised they dont have any end game content. Combine that with there being no combo attacks, it will be a fun game for the first playthrough and than after that feel repetitive.

I mean, it's an action RPG.  Most ARPG's are meant to grind characters and or loot.  There are 36 characters in the base game, which is great.  They're also adding another two for free next month.  There's so much to do in the game.  You have the story mode and then all the Infinity Trials.  I'm currently playing the game on friendly difficulty.  Next is mighty difficulty and then there's new game +, which I haven't heard about at all yet since nobody seems to be there yet.  There's also a very expansive enhancement tree and tons of different ISO gems.

Most ARPG's are repetitive by nature.  Look at Diablo 3 and Path of Exile, for examples.  In those games, you literally play the same exact levels over and over again, kill the same enemies.  You're doing all that for a chance to get better loot.  In those games, there's usually like 5 or 6 different characters.  In this game there will be closer to 50 characters  (with the DLC).  So the things you're doing are slightly different, but it's pretty much the same for anyone who loves this genre.

I'm currently at the stage where you beat the first boss and unlock a ton of characters.  One thing that's super cool is that you get all these different bonuses depending on how you build your team.  You have to mix and match to figure out which team gives you certain bonuses you want.  I just put in Hulk, Captain America, Thor and Crystal.  I noticed I lost some bonuses when I swapped out Crystal for Iron Man or Spider Man, which is awesome.  I really want to level Crystal up, though.  Her abilities seem really cool.

SPOILER.  Not story related at all.  It's in reference to the game's difficulty level and character cap.  Everyone thought they knew this stuff before the game, but now we're finding out we were wrong and it's great news.

Everyone thought the character cap was 60.  Turns out, it's 100.  That's nuts.  Also, everyone thought after mighty difficulty there was superior difficulty (new game +), but turns out there's ANOTHER difficulty after that called ultimate difficulty.  I've read stuff about new ISO-8's and all types of stuff as well.

This game has WAY more content than anyone could have known during any review.  It's insane.