OT: XFL signs deals with ABC/ESPN & FOX/FS1 to televise games

UtahUtesFan

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

XFL shouldnt be competing with the NFL, they should be competing with the NCAA to get kids in that are NFL bound and dont want to play for free for an organization making BILLIONS off the backs of their work.

They also need to compete for coaches - watching Bill Belicheck and Pete Carroll getting maximum production out of lesser known guys tells me that if the coaching is good enough, you can make anyone look like a star.

11 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

This is still run by Vince, it's gonna crash and burn.

This. Vince may consider himself a visionary (and he was, a generation ago), but he mistook the roof for the sky. Virtually all of his success and material wealth, he owes to the wrestling business---the same business he has discredited, taken for granted, and twisted out of shape to satisfy his ego. The football market is not a bunch of fragmented regional territories he can buy out one by one, and the NFL is not going to self-destruct for him like WCW and ECW did at the turn of the century. If he's calling the shots, this thing will fail--again. If his business partners can take enough power out of his hands, it may be a different story.

That said, the XFL will have a leg up on the AAF if their games continue to air on real channels that people actually watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

It will largely be the same player won't it? If a few dies get paid for a year or two I'll be happy for them. 

No one markets better than Vince. Probably two full seasons unless people start leaving college for the XFL. If he starts stealing talent from college after their freshmen season could be interesting. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll watch the Houston team...not expecting much, but will do so.

At least they won't be coached by BOB, could be a great way to watch Houston football without needing a Xanax afterwards.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Maybe but this time they seem to be taking care of everything first rather then figure things out on the fly like last time. I can't predict what will happen for the future but I'm willing to bet that the new XFL lasts a couple seasons.

From what I'm reading as of late is that Vince is expecting to lose 100 million for the first 3 years.

Only thing I dislike about the XFL is the 3PT conversion & starting a week after the Super Bowl has been proven to not work for a lot of teams. They would have been much better off starting a week or 2 before (or after) March Madness in the spring. 

Edited by UtahUtesFan

48 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

XFL should let NCAA athletes in 1 year earlier than NFL. 2 seasons of eligibility instead of 3. They could convince Trevor Lawrence to leave after this season...

They are letting them in two years earlier. 19, so basically can join after their freshmen season. 

I don’t think Lawrence will risk it cause he is the most highly touted prospect in a decade at least but I think Freshmen leaving might eventually become the norm. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They are letting them in two years earlier. 19, so basically can join after their freshmen season. 

I don’t think Lawrence will risk it cause he is the most highly touted prospect in a decade at least but I think Freshmen leaving might eventually become the norm. 

Dang, I think if you put Lawrence in a pro league right now, he could get killed, but another year would be enough for him grow into his body some more and take the rigors. It works for basketball though, so I guess we'll see. 

Edited by Jeezla