It: Chapter Two

RamRod

It (no pun intended) was pretty good, not as good as the first one, but still solid nonetheless.

It definitely delivered on the scares and tension and the cast was solid all-around, though the pacing was kinda iffy in spots. There were some scenes that really didn't need to be in the film, including flashback scenes which it was overstuffed with them. If a sequel is dependent on you having seen the first movie in order to understand the plot in the first place (which most sequels are), then throwing in a ton of flashbacks is pointless. They were just thrown in there for the sake of padding the movie's runtime, which dragged it down a bit.

Still a solid sequel, though.

It was a great movie. Some things in there that didn't need to be but it was great and it wasn't long, at least not IMO, the most impressive thing about this movie was the good blend of horror and comedy which was done well.

Also I dont know why this blows my mind but I realized the guy who plays adult Eddie was Ziggy from The Wire. Don't know why but it did. 

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed it, but I'll admit it has its flaws. It certainly didn't measure up to the first one IMO. I thought the pacing was iffy at times, I felt like certain scenes really didn't need to be there as they didn't advance the plot at all and were just thrown in for the sake of padding the movie's run time; filler, if you will.

There were things I liked, like McAvoy and Hader's performances, and some really powerful scenes (the "grandma" scene was very well done, too bad the trailers had to spoil it, and the opening), and some things which really make me question whether I should buy the home video release or not. There are plenty of films that I say I "enjoyed" in the theater and watch them again on home video and realize they're not that good or even terrible (Suicide Squad comes to mind), you could say those were just a product of the theater experience and/or the price of admission skewing my favoritism towards it.

Oh and if you thought the theatrical cut was too long, apparently, it's getting a Director's Cut on home video. Whether this'll help or further hamper the movie's pacing remains to be seen, but they better be some damn good scenes considering all the filler the TC had. I get that they were trying to give us the "definitive" ending with the second installment, but if you're gonna give us a long movie, it better deliver on that long run time and not be chalk full of filler.

Maybe I'm wrong and it really hits it out of the park like the Kingdom of Heaven and LotR extended cuts did, but I have my doubts, and considering the mixed reactions from the film (the consensus from reading other boards and RT/IMDb/MC scores is mixed-to-positive), I think I'm justified in having them.