It: Chapter Two

RamRod

49 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

It will be in the movie more then likely. That's not a trailer cut that comes from the story itself.

This, they had to spoil one of the big scares of the movie in the first teaser. 

That said, I like what I see, but remind me not to watch too much trailer footage out of fear (no pun intended) of something being spoiled. 

Though I think we all know how it's gonna end. I'm not sure if it's much of a spoiler.

9 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

This, they had to spoil one of the big scares of the movie in the first teaser. 

That said, I like what I see, but remind me not to watch too much trailer footage out of fear (no pun intended) of something being spoiled. 

Though I think we all know how it's gonna end. I'm not sure if it's much of a spoiler.

Yea it's a Stephen King story that's been out for 30+ years. You're not getting spoiled if you watch it.

41 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea it's a Stephen King story that's been out for 30+ years. You're not getting spoiled if you watch it.

I've never read the Stephen King novel (yeah, shoot me), so I don't know what to expect going in. The trailers kinda ruin that for me. 

Except the ending, I know that from the straight-to-TV movie. 

Just now, KManX89 said:

I've never read the Stephen King novel (yeah, shoot me), so I don't know what to expect going in. The trailers kinda ruin that for me. 

Except the ending, I know that from the straight-to-TV movie. 

oh....

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is my major complaint. I also thought there was too little Pennywise. 15 min can easily be trimmed off that bad boy. Still liked it though. 6.5/10

I'd give it a similar grade. Agreed on your other point. Him and Hader are easily the best parts of the movie.

6.5 was my grade out of 10 it was long I thought the ending was decent. And the beginning was nice from the book reference. The middle of the movie just didn't flow at all very gimmicky.

I thought the first one was an 8.5 out of 10 so there's definitely some drop off. The chemistry seemed off with the acting. I liked Richie, Beverly, and Pennywise. The rest of the performances seemed forgettable.

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Do you just always live life on the edge of oblivion?

I hate everything and I hate everything that makes me hate everything.  I’m sick to damn death of horror being treated like some redheaded stepchild in Hollywood.  Horror is, had been and always will be the most loyal fan base and yet producers throw out 20-30 million to some ***** director and writer and some subpar cast because they know horror fans will go to it.  Then It actually gets a significant budget and the talent it needs to make not only a scary movie, but a good film and studios think, “Well, gosh, Stephen King must be hot right now,” so they throw 40-50 million to a writer/director devoid of talent and ****ing Jason ****ing Clark who somehow tricked everyone into believing he’s better than soap opera television and they make Pet Semetary, which is absolute horse****, so now they’re off Stephen King and they think it must all have been something else and not King when the simplest ****img common ****ing denominator is ****ing talent and a ****ing budget to make a ****ing good horror movie.  

• Like 5

@Outpost31 I don't think budget was the problem for this movie or many in general that go to the theater. I think CGI actually hurt this movie. Too much money/focus is being thrown into CGI it takes away from story line and elements that make a good horror movie.

Why'd I like the book IT so much because of the attention to detail, the words encapsulated the story. You feel the isolation when there is meant to be isolation like Ben on the bridge walking home from school seeing the clown over an icy pond.

Horror movies today miss the mark entirely. There was a Thing reference in this movie which was a nice tribute but the story around it felt so flat it didn't do anything for me.

I saw It.  (Get it?)  :)

Thought that Bill Hader was nothing short of excellent.

And still I had to go home and process what I saw as I thought it was very different than the book.  Like too different.  For no real reason.

Honestly, without Hader it's almost unwatchable.

McAvoy could have been anyone.  Same for Beverly.

It is far and away from favorite King book.  And I just didn't like how far this movie strayed from the book that my teenage mind remembers.

My wife never read the book and loved both of the movies, for whatever that is worth.