Solomon Thomas--Trade Target?

I just read this about Solomon Thomas:

After making a huge step as a pass-rusher in his final season at Stanford sliding up and down the line of scrimmage, with the 49ers Thomas has predominantly aligned on the edge, with disappointing results from the No. 3 overall pick in 2017 Draft. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-2019-here-are-12-veteran-players-who-could-be-on-the-chopping-block-after-the-draft/

Should we make a trade for him?  I am pretty sure we won't have to give up too much and we might just get a player who fits Patricia's system really well.  Thoughts?

Where would you play him? Because he's 6'3, 273 lbs which is more of a 4-3 DE fit. They've been playing him already on the edge without success and he comes with a cap hit of $4.6M.

I'd be willing to give up a 5th to take the chance on a former top 10 pick but you'd have to do it with a plan in mind. Could he fit in as a Jack LB? Does he offer enough where he can play at base 4-3 and slide inside at times. The scheme demands versatility so if he can't do those things then it's not worth the cost.

Think I'd hold off on any trade for now unless we're talking ol...

I'm thinking if a team like the cards or jags start bad they could be willing to trade maybe ramsey or peterson..dolphins with howard.. 

I would rather hold on to my picks for something bigger...even if it is only a 5thrp

A player swop would be ok tho

Think they might perferr a guy like McCoy over Thomas that could be even cheaper 

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Where would you play him? Because he's 6'3, 273 lbs which is more of a 4-3 DE fit. They've been playing him already on the edge without success and he comes with a cap hit of $4.6M.

I'd be willing to give up a 5th to take the chance on a former top 10 pick but you'd have to do it with a plan in mind. Could he fit in as a Jack LB? Does he offer enough where he can play at base 4-3 and slide inside at times. The scheme demands versatility so if he can't do those things then it's not worth the cost.

Trey Flowers is list at 265lbs and Okwara is listed at 274.  If they move him around the way Trey Flowers moved around in NE, he has the potential to be a solid contributor.

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Trey Flowers is list at 265lbs and Okwara is listed at 274.  If they move him around the way Trey Flowers moved around in NE, he has the potential to be a solid contributor.

That's interesting - I was expecting Flowers to be about 280. Never bothered to check that before.

You could be right but Flowers is primarily used outside which is where Thomas has struggled.