Debating the ‘Value’ Of David Montgomery

soulman

39 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Really? I thought we were prohibited. Did something change, or did I misread something? 

you have to go into your settings and enable them. when they moved everyone to the new site, the sig setting was disabled by default for everyone

On 5/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, WindyCity said:

Day 3 picks are easily recouped. I am never going to lose my mind about losing them. If Pace wants to use those picks to ensure better top end players in the draft I am okay with that.

Not only that, but there’s little difference between Day 3 players and top UDFA in terms of talent. Had we taken Raymond, Bars or Emanuel Hall at the bottom of our draft instead of Shelley, Whyte and/or Denmark nobody would have been complaining about it, and we got each of them without using a pick at all. At that point most guys will never be any more than role players and depth anyway. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not only that, but there’s little difference between Day 3 players and top UDFA in terms of talent. Had we taken Raymond, Bars or Emanuel Hall at the bottom of our draft instead of Shelley, Whyte and/or Denmark nobody would have been complaining about it, and we got each of them without using a pick at all. At that point most guys will never be any more than role players and depth anyway. 

Jeremiah had Hall and Raymond on his all-UDFA team

I am legit surprised about how many Bears fans, especially on Twitter, get up in arms over these day 3 picks.

The Bears got 3x4th round picks for trading down twice and getting Whitehair. You can get buckets of them if you are willing to move down a little in round 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I am legit surprised about how many Bears fans, especially on Twitter, get up in arms over these day 3 picks.

The Bears got 3x4th round picks for trading down twice and getting Whitehair. You can get buckets of them if you are willing to move down a little in round 2.

Since Pace and only a few other GM's consistently find decent players from the 4th and on, now fans value them like they do diamonds. Ridiculous

• Like 1