Veterans and Voluntary Workouts

Chiefer

20 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Depends on the situation really.

I'd say its the ultimate act of self-lessness and team building
If you can't be bothered to show up for your TEAM MATES, then that says something to me

Every single champion has uttered the same thoughts :
"Shared sacrifice and coming together is what really put us over the top"

Bell and others are free to do as they choose, just like I am free to call them out on it.

I think generally it gets overblown. It goes for everything: putting in extra work shows that you’re invested and trying to give it your all. But not doing extra doesn’t necessarily mean you aren’t those things - so I don’t care too much. 

Teams don’t lose super bowls because a handful of veterans across the league don’t go to voluntary workouts.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:33 PM, Shanedorf said:

Every single champion has uttered the same thoughts :
"Shared sacrifice and coming together is what really put us over the top"

Yeah, Tom Brady skipping voluntary workouts last year really kept the Patriots from achieving everything they needed to last season. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

But not doing extra doesn’t necessarily mean you aren’t those things - so I don’t care too much. 

I feel it’s also not fair to suggest the guys who don’t show up aren’t putting in extra work.

For example, Jalen Ramsey spends this time every year working with his personally hired coaches and his dad. He’s not sitting on his couch or partying it up, he’s spending that time on training with the people he believes are best suited to train his exact skill set. I’d imagine many of the other guys who don’t show up are still working out, reading the playbooks and doing everything else that they’re supposed to be doing.

Some guys just have different routines they want to stick to. There’s nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1