2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

Never too early to start paying attention. Here’s a list of some of the top names at positions we might need.

1. Chase Young (Edge, Ohio State)

2. Jerry Jeudy (WR/Alabama)

3. Andrew Thomas (OT/Georgia)

4. Walker Little (OT/Stanford)

5. AJ Epenesa (Edge/Iowa)

6. Kristian Fulton (CB/LSU)

7. Laviska Shenhault (WR/Colorado)

8. Bryce Hall (CB/Virginia)

9. CeeDee Lamb (WR/OU)

10. Trey Davis (OT/Tennessee)

11. Henry Riggs III (WR/Alabama)

12. Tyler Biadasz (C/Wisconsin)

13. Tee Higgins (WR/Clemson)

14. Calvin Throckmorton (OT/Oregon)

15. Mekhi Becton (OT/Louisville)

16. Kenny Willekes (Edge/Michigan State)

17. Collin Johnson (WR/Texas)

One of the best Offensive drafts in recent memory in terms of OL and skill position players. 

There’s potential for a lot of guys to be great, high impact players. 

This is one where I would love to accumulate a couple 2nd rounders for the fallers on day 2. 

I have us drafting anywhere between 15-25

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

One of the best Offensive drafts in recent memory in terms of OL and skill position players. 

This is one where I would love to accumulate a couple 2nd rounders for the fallers on day 2. 

Yes OT and WR are loaded next year it seems. 2 positions we might be high on. We don't have a ton of cap space next year after resigns... so the draft will be the main way we can add talent. Luckily we as of now have all of our picks next year.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes OT and WR are loaded next year it seems. 2 positions we might be high on. We don't have a ton of cap space next year after resigns... so the draft will be the main way we can add talent. Luckily we as of now have all of our picks next year.

We will have a little over 40 Million after our current draft picks sign. The only big hit will be Williams about 8m next year, the 3rd rounders will probably be a little under a million each..Guys like KO (11m) Winters (8m), D Roberts (6m), Bellamy (2m) and Harrison(2m) are all easy cuts if they don’t perdorm since none of they’d have any 2020 guaranteed money according to OTC.

Edited by Rich51

On 5/8/2019 at 12:35 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

Hoping Edoga shows that he can be a future starting LT because the WR group is nasty. 

I see only two LT that may be a lock for 1st round.   Washington's Trey Adams and Tennessee's Trey Smith will be under the microscope medically.  Louisville's Mekhi Becton is huge so unless he becomes the Combine Champ I can't see Jets taking him in 1st. Georgia's Anthony Thomas and Stanford's Walker Little should be legitimate LT for Jets if Chuma Edoga isn't the answer at LT.   Iowa's OL blows.

PSU's Yetur Gross-Matos and Iowa's AJ Epenesa worry me great deal.  Their value and Jets' draft position must not correlate unless Jets actually switch to 4-3.  Epenesa may be in the similar mold of Joey Bosa. Strong but not real fast.   That Gross-Matos is impossible. At LOS, he looked like nothing's special and yet he managed to cross the LOS frequently. What is his secret?  Bad Breath? 

Stanford's Paulson Adebo is amazing CB.  If he runs 4.55 and falls out of 1st, he is a must for Jets in 2nd.  Florida's CJ Henderson's helmet stands out big time. Hard Pass.  LSU's Kristian Fulton and Alabama's Trevon Diggs will be hot commodities throughout the season so I will recheck video after hearing something good or bad about either CB. Bryce Hall has serious problem with tackling and giving cushion too much so he will have senior campaign to resolve these problem. I don't talk about 100 tackles or repeating 60 mark but a natural of his tackling.  I like Adebo's hightlights that much but I will watch the actual game to get better idea of his ratio on the field.

WR class is nice.  Alabama's Jerry Jeudy remains my top WR target.  Colorado's Laviska Shenault will probably be taken off the board before Jeudy due to size and toughness. The concern on Shenault is he has strong shoulder to shoulder body so NFL teams may want him to play inside for best production as I want him to stay outside all the way. TCU's Jalen Reagor or Nebraska JD Speilman will be a fantastic choice if you want to spend a high pick to upgrade Slot position. They are legit, no maybe or could be. Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb is a solid prospect. His body movement and ability to catch football silently impress as hell of me. Also, he fully ran routes even he was 3rd option or checkdown option. He made no obvious in offense. I like that. Minnesota's Tyler Johnson should be looked at seriously. No matter who is his qb, he produces well.

As for LB or Edge, it is going to be problematic as Mike Maccagnan didn't bother to ponder about Edge in 1st.  But still, I list OSU's Chase Young and Boise's Curtis Weaver as top Edges at the moment.  Otherwise Oregon's Troy Dye, Clemson's Isaiah Simmons and Utah State's David Woodwards are worth checking out. Simmons is a Rover so his weight will be focused on.  Dye and Woodwards wreck everything in front of them. They are going to hard to ignore during the draft process. And ah, MSU's Kenny Willekes will miss all spring practices as he is recovering from broken fibula so stealing him in 2nd or 3rd is a possibility.

Edited by JetsandI

5 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

The Jets will select DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama at some point early in next years draft (round 1-2); book it. 

I'd love that... but wondering why you're saying that. Elaborate please.

• Like 1

Smith looks good getting off the line. 

Michigan's Donovan Peooples-Jones is nice too.

Mississippi State's CB Cameron Dantzler looks good but he is tall and lanky.  Utah's CB Jaylon Johnson offers ridiculous size for CB.

2020 draft class is getting better and better. Woooo!

38 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Smith looks good getting off the line. 

Michigan's Donovan Peooples-Jones is nice too.

Mississippi State's CB Cameron Dantzler looks good but he is tall and lanky.  Utah's CB Jaylon Johnson offers ridiculous size for CB.

2020 draft class is getting better and better. Woooo!

Smith is a big YAC guy like Tyreek Hill (except not as good). I assume @jetskid007thinks we will target him bc we had a lot of interest in Hardman this last draft and misse don him, who is a similar player.

26 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I know it is impossible to prioritize positions for draft but do you guys think CB has a shot to be top priority by end of the season? 

Still a high chance of that happening because of Tru & our #2 CB situation. I think it's going to be between CB and OT by the end of the season. I'm hoping Macc gets lucky at center, but that's going to be a position to watch as well. 

40 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I know it is impossible to prioritize positions for draft but do you guys think CB has a shot to be top priority by end of the season? 

Sounds crazy to think we may go D again next year, but yes CB could be a top priority. Depending on how guys develop and if we resign Robby, I think our top priorities next year are going to be CB, Edge, C, LT and WR.