2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

4 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Wasn’t flashy but I remember when we drafted Brick and Mangold in ‘06. Lot of people were pounding the table for Matt Leinart or a trade up for Reggie Bush. Those two OL were the foundation of the best run of playoff appearances in team history.  Just saying. 

I was young and dumb back then lol. 

Def gotta build the line but we need a go to weapon at Receiver and a Pass Rusher to get us off the field on third down.

As much as I love Jeudy as a prospect (I'm a Bama fan), it's getting hard to ignore the o-line issues. I would love to acquire Trent Williams somehow so we can justify passing on a stud like Andrew Thomas for Jeudy.

Edited by jetjuice

Really hope one of Little, Wirfs, or Adams can elevate into a top 10 LT.  With only Thomas likely to be a top 5 pick and the good chance we end up in the 5-10 range just outside the top 5 we'll probably miss out.  Need to have one of those guys step up and be a franchise guy.  They are all really talented LT prospects (Wirfs currently playing RT for IOWA) but has LT traits apparently.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Walker Little won't be a top 5 prospect.  1st round G or 2nd round T is ideal.

Alex Leatherwood is about to knock the door gently.

Not top 5 but he looks like he could be the best LT behind Thomas.  He just needs to be top 10 worthy which is possible.  I actually like Wirfs to make the leap into the top 10 over Little.  Dude is a beast.

Edited by Rockice_8

We have to go Oline and WR first two picks no matter what. We can’t keep giving this kid nobody to throw to. Imagine if Crowder gets hurt like her usually does...we would be absolutely screwed. if we have 5-6 losses (very very likely) by the trade deadline, we should try and unload some guys including Leo (likely a 4) and maybe even Robby Anderson (potentially a 3). The WR room like the Offensive Line needs a complete overhaul. I would like to go into next years draft with a decent amount of picks and see if we have a GM who doesn’t trade down and stock pile 6s and 7s (first tell Mac was crazy) and actually draft players in the mid rounds who could provide real depth. 

The good news is that someone at CB, WR, or OLB will either want to leave their current team or the team won't pay up & hold out happens. There is always a Landry, Beckham, Clowney, Cooper, Brandon Marshall (prime), Josh Norman, Ramsey, or a trent Williams every year. We just have to be ready to jump on the next one. lol I would have loved Ramsey, but I don't see that happening unless Adams is recruiting. 

I'm stuck on picking a LT, but I'm open-minded if there is someone clearly better than the top OT. 

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The good news is that someone at CB, WR, or OLB will either want to leave their current team or the team won't pay up & hold out happens. There is always a Landry, Beckham, Clowney, Cooper, Brandon Marshall (prime), Josh Norman, Ramsey, or a trent Williams every year. We just have to be ready to jump on the next one. lol I would have loved Ramsey, but I don't see that happening unless Adams is recruiting. 

I'm stuck on picking a LT, but I'm open-minded if there is someone clearly better than the top OT. 

Ask yourself what the FEWEST positional groups are allowed to walk in FA.  I think you will find QB, Edge, LT.  Right behind that are the rest of the OL.  If we want a good OL, we will need to draft at least a LT, C or OG early.  WR is always available in FA as is CB.  We need to go into the first 2 rounds thinking Rd. 1 LT and Rd. 2 C/OG.  It does little good to have good/great WR when the QB has no time to throw or go through his progressions.  Robby would have 300 yds. by now if we had a competent OL.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, xrade said:

Ask yourself what the FEWEST positional groups are allowed to walk in FA.  I think you will find QB, Edge, LT.  Right behind that are the rest of the OL.  If we want a good OL, we will need to draft at least a LT, C or OG early.  WR is always available in FA as is CB.  We need to go into the first 2 rounds thinking Rd. 1 LT and Rd. 2 C/OG.  It does little good to have good/great WR when the QB has no time to throw or go through his progressions.  Robby would have 300 yds. by now if we had a competent OL.

Couldn't agree more.  OL is the top priority.  Anderson, Crowder, Herndon, Bell and maybe a mid round WR is plenty of talent if Sam was given time by his OL.

The first 3 picks should be OL