2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:
Mike RennerVerified account @PFF_Mike
FollowFollow @PFF_Mike
More

There's a legitimate case to be made that 6 WRs in the 2020 draft class are better than any WR in the 2019 class. They are: Jerry Jeudy, Alabama Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma Jalen Reagor, TCU Laviska Shenault, Colorado Henry Ruggs, Alabama Tee Higgins, Clemson

Think we really need to secure one of these guys at the top of round 2 or a big trade down in round 1.  Adding one of them to Bell, Anderson, Herndon, and Crowder would be ideal for Sam.  I was all about OL but this talent might be too much to pass up in the early rounds.  All of those names look like game changers even though I'm not as high on Shenault as most.  Those other names are game changers.

Without an OL, getting a shiny new WR in Rd.1 is akin to putting Mag wheels and a turbo charger on a Yugo. And please do not tell me we can fix the OL in FA. It’s been tried.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:
Mike RennerVerified account @PFF_Mike
FollowFollow @PFF_Mike
More

There's a legitimate case to be made that 6 WRs in the 2020 draft class are better than any WR in the 2019 class. They are: Jerry Jeudy, Alabama Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma Jalen Reagor, TCU Laviska Shenault, Colorado Henry Ruggs, Alabama Tee Higgins, Clemson

Think we really need to secure one of these guys at the top of round 2 or a big trade down in round 1.  Adding one of them to Bell, Anderson, Herndon, and Crowder would be ideal for Sam.  I was all about OL but this talent might be too much to pass up in the early rounds.  All of those names look like game changers even though I'm not as high on Shenault as most.  Those other names are game changers.

In general, those 6 WRs are solid prospects but as far as Jets are concerned, it is only 3 of them; Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb and Tee Higgins.  Shenault or Gophers' Tyler Johnson could work in 2nd as powerful slot receiver.

Reagor and Ruggs lack of physical presence so they may require some extra creative to be useful for Jets.  Jets could go ahead and take either one if Jets' pressing need  diminished after FA. To omit the worrisome about not getting either, Jets can sign aging Emanuel Sanders for a couple years or three. Sanders has proved to be able to play outside whilst the ability of either R's remains to be seen. I don't advise Jets to grab one in 1st round to see if he can do at next level.

Right now, I see Jeudy and Andrew Thomas as top pick, equally, so it is going to be tough on stomach if we move away from those prospects. We will see.

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think we'll be in range for Andrew Thomas, so I shifted my focus on Wirfs. I don't expect JD to trade up for anyone. If Thomas is there when we pick, he's the guy. 

Lol I keep hearing this. Who are beating for certain other than MAYBE Miami? Pittsburgh, Cincy, Oakland, Washington and Giants are all coin flip games. 

We are realistically looking at 4-5 wins. We aren’t winning everyone of those games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Lol I keep hearing this. Who are beating for certain other than MAYBE Miami? Pittsburgh, Cincy, Oakland, Washington and Giants are all coin flip games. 

We are realistically looking at 4-5 wins. We aren’t winning everyone of those games.

Agreed. Theres zero reason to think we are winning more than 3-4 games. Which more than likely has us top 5.

For me I say our board as of now should be...

Plan A: Draft Thomas if there.

Plan B: Draft Jeuuy if there.

Plan C: Draft BA OT or WR after Thomas and Jeudy.

16 hours ago, xrade said:

Without an OL, getting a shiny new WR in Rd.1 is akin to putting Mag wheels and a turbo charger on a Yugo. And please do not tell me we can fix the OL in FA. It’s been tried.

First off I think 1 or 2 could fall to the top of round 2 (hopefully) and secondly if we go WR in round 1 it would be after a big trade down from the top 10 into the late teens or early 20's  I would hope that way we could get extra picks to address the OL in the draft as well.

I would not be in favor of just drafting a WR not named Juedy top 10.

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

5 wins probably puts us out of range for Thomas.  He's likely a top 3 pick or top 5 at worst and there is no way we are worse then MIA, WAS, CIN, DEN, ARI and maybe even ATL.  That puts us likely just outside the top 5 where Thomas is nearly a lock.

MIA twice, PIT, CIN, OAK, NYG are all winnable games and we likely win another one that we don't expect.  We are not nearly as bad as people want to believe and will win some games once Sam gets back.

Edited by Rockice_8

52 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

5 wins probably puts us out of range for Thomas.  He's likely a top 3 pick or top 5 at worst and there is no way we are worse then MIA, WAS, CIN, DEN, ARI and maybe even ATL.  That puts us likely just outside the top 5 where Thomas is nearly a lock.

MIA twice, PIT, CIN, OAK, NYG are all winnable games and we likely win another one that we don't expect.  We are not nearly as bad as people want to believe and will win some games once Sam gets back.

Buffalo and Cleveland were winnable games and we went 0-2 in them. So there’s 6 winnable games remaining so let’s say we split those we go 3-13 or 4-14. That should have us at the top of the draft. Hard to say what other teams will do. I imagine we end up somewhere between 2-7 in the draft. If we are higher Thomas should be chosen and if we are a bit later then Jeudy should be the pick.

JD I think values OL and playmakers. So I hope he addressed this for us

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Buffalo and Cleveland were winnable games and we went 0-2 in them. So there’s 6 winnable games remaining so let’s say we split those we go 3-13 or 4-14. That should have us at the top of the draft. Hard to say what other teams will do. I imagine we end up somewhere between 2-7 in the draft. If we are higher Thomas should be chosen and if we are a bit later then Jeudy should be the pick.

JD I think values OL and playmakers. So I hope he addressed this for us

CLE was not really a winnable game playing your 3rd string QB and the BUF game could have gone either way.  It's not like they smoked us off the field.  We can beat BUF and even win another game or 2 we aren't expected.  TB just beat LA at home sometimes the better team doesn't win.

I get it we had about as bad a start to the year as you can have with all the injuries but most had us pegged as a 7-9 win team possibly even after going 1-5 to start the season.  I'd be shocked if we ended with less then 5 wins and probably end up with 6-7 assuming we can get/stay healthy this week or next. 

Edited by Rockice_8

On 10/2/2019 at 5:55 AM, ekill08x said:

I agree, but I got him as top 3 pick not just because of talent, but because it seems like everyone has a young QB they need to protect.