2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

When Sam gets blitzed we blow.  I want Edge but I think LT might be #1 again.

Depending on how the trade deadline goes I wonder how many day 2 picks we go into the draft with. 

I don’t think we’ll be in position to get Young either way. So many bad teams and we always win meaningless games.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We need to draft Thomas or Whirfs in Round 1.

What I don't understand is if the Johnson's know they were going to fire MACC, why did they let him draft in late April? I am sure Douglas know all the top players in the draft. Or did the Jets fire him because of the 2019 draft? Nobody has ever ask this question.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What I don't understand is if the Johnson's know they were going to fire MACC, why did they let him draft in late April? I am sure Douglas know all the top players in the draft. Or did the Jets fire him because of the 2019 draft? Nobody has ever ask this question.

Jets fired Macc because of poor relationship with head coach.  That could be anything inside the franchise.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, doumeyer said:

It's a combination of things: 

1. Joe Douglas and many of the top candidates really needed to be in the last year of their contracts for it to be realistic that the Jets could sign him. It's an unwritten rule that if a top exec wants to interview for a job, the team "must" grant permission for them to interview. That said, more than 1 year left and they typically will decline (PHI declined to allow HOU to interview Joe in 2018). The only opening to begin this past offseason was OAK, otherwise teams would've requested Joe (and subsequently be declined), same as many other candidates they had circled. I also think that's part of the reason why there was only one opening: the talent pool wasn't as big last year as it will be this year. 
  2. Maccagnan was the best alternative to what they could conceivably hire. Did it make sense to allow him to make huge organizational decisions if you had reservations about his future status of the team? No. The only options were: (1) fire him and hire a GM that truly isn't the apple of your eye who may also want complete autonomy over the HC decision; or (2) status quo. I think they went status quo, and ownership had to approve all the major moves. 
  3. I do think Gase likely voiced his frustration with Chris Johnson over player acquisition, considering the Jets org. structure allows him to do so (HC and GM both report to owner, not each other). Naturally he had ties to Joe Douglas, was named the interim GM, and was part of the interview process...  

On 10/28/2019 at 11:59 AM, JetsandI said:

Ranking your freaking prospects here.  Don't wait for prospects' popularity to kick in.   This thread is boring.

this is true. lol 

Andrew Thomas is still my #1 prospect. If you get the chance, watch how good he is in the open field chasing LB's and DB's. 

I can order my LT's but I'm struggling with the WR's right now. I see some great prospects, but I can't order them right now. After Juedy, who is #2 and #3?