2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

25 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Beachum, Kalil, Lewis, and Shell are all FA after this year. On top of that cutting Winters could save us $7.5M and Jonothan Harrison $2.5M.

We can and should completely revamp the O-line, i'm just curious who we view as viable holdovers.. 

In FA two guys that stand out to me are Jack Conklin and Brandon Sherf. I would throw money at these two to rebuild the right side of the line and use the draft to find a Center and LT

I'm keeping Alex Lewis. He's looked good on an otherwise terrible line. I think he'd look really good with better linemates. And maybe Edoga can play RT.

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm keeping Alex Lewis. He's looked good on an otherwise terrible line. I think he'd look really good with better linemates. And maybe Edoga can play RT.

I'm also keeping Harrison. I think he should be starting for the rest of the season. 

Winters is so-so. I wouldn't be in a rush to cut him. If you land a top tier RG early in FA then yes, let him go and seek out a new team. Otherwise keep him around and make him compete with an incoming rookie/lower-tier FA in TC. Winter's has been the 2nd strongest player on the line since DAL (although that's not an accolade, the problems are beyond him). 

Sorry but if we go into next year with Harrison and Winters starting we've failed Sam.  I get keeping them for depth specifically Harrison because he's cheap but we better have a young draft picks at premium picks (top 3 rounds) pushing the C and RG positions primed to replace ASAP.    

We have zero reason to be drafting any players that aren't on the OL, are edge rushers, play outside CB, and play outside WR.

• Like 3

With the Jets heading into a full rebuilt of the team, I never liked the idea of  trading a first round pick. When we pick and there is no Orlando Pace, or Joe Thomas or Marvin Powell, when we pick and we are offer extra high picks in the first or second round we should take it. FA pickups are great when you are trying to plug one or two holes, but you can't build a team with FA's, and we have a lot more than one or two holes to plug. If this is a full rebuild of the Jets it is going to take at least two or three years. No more of this drafting guy in the top 12 picks in the draft & trading them for a third round pick three years later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

With the Jets heading into a full rebuilt of the team, I never liked the idea of  trading a first round pick. When we pick and there is no Orlando Pace, or Joe Thomas or Marvin Powell, when we pick and we are offer extra high picks in the first or second round we should take it. FA pickups are great when you are trying to plug one or two holes, but you can't build a team with FA's, and we have a lot more than one or two holes to plug. If this is a full rebuild of the Jets it is going to take at least two or three years. No more of this drafting guy in the top 12 picks in the draft & trading them for a third round pick three years later.

Andrew Thomas is absolutely a perennial pro bowl LT. You could even argue Wirfs is as well. I think one of them 2, Jeudy or Young have to be our 1st round pick is we are in the top 6 (I assume we will be and a couple QBs will go in the top 5). I prefer going OL leaving more options open for the rest of the draft. You can get a good C/G in Round 2 and 3 that can start. Ideally for me we go OL, WR, OL, Edge. We need to address OL, WR and Edge in FA.

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Andrew Thomas is absolutely a perennial pro bowl LT. You could even argue Wirfs is as well. I think one of them 2, Jeudy or Young have to be our 1st round pick is we are in the top 6 (I assume we will be and a couple QBs will go in the top 5). I prefer going OL leaving more options open for the rest of the draft. You can get a good C/G in Round 2 and 3 that can start. Ideally for me we go OL, WR, OL, Edge. We need to address OL, WR and Edge in FA.

OK if these guys are as good as you say I agree. Rebuilding the O line is our top  priority. If we drafted Calvin Cook & Josh Allen we could have filled to huge needs, and would have younger & less expensive players.

After watching the trailer, I canceled the plan to watch Terminator: Dark Fate.

G- Too many prospects to consider but only 1st round Guard that won't fit for Jets is Oregon's Shane Lemieux.

C- Not dig in yet.

LT-

1. Andrew Thomas, Georgia.

2. Tristan Wirfs, Iowa.

-Both offer above average blocking in both pass and run but I go with 2 year experience at LT instead of well documented superb athleticism for now.

3. Walker Little, Stanford.

-He probably offered the most athletic traits in Stanford’s history for linemen. Too bad, his injury knocked him out of season (?). I think he would have several things to iron out if he continued playing this season. Still, he is talented enough to consider as some scouts think Guard is his true calling.

4. Alex Leatherwood, Alabama.

-He should be there at LT instead of Jonah Williams. Class is primary, I suppose. His footwork and athleticism are noticeably quicker than his predecessor.

5. Josh Jones, Houston.

-I finally watched some of his plays before tv signal met some interference. I noticed two problems with him. He backpedaled too much before setting in for blocking duty. Other is he reached out arms to engage in with a rusher but came up short. For the rest, he locked in blocking good. He is about to be longest active at LT for 2020 T class. With enough information on his techniques and repairable issues, he should be a good pick up.

6. Austin Jackson, USC.

-He returned to action this year against Notre Dame because he was in the recovery (bone marrow transplant for his ill sister). Some scouts love his athleticism and he did not lose that much against Notre Dame despite their rushing edges were bad or down this year. We shall find out how well he will finish this season as junior. When is the last time USC LT stood out in NFL?

7. Prince Tega Wanogho, Auburn.

-I noticed some worrisome in his mind but his body and athleticism/strength are legit. After watching him playing LT and then there was no 76 on left side, I said WTF? It turned out that he played both T positions in same game. I have not watched enough Auburn games to understand that. I thought it was for strengthening run scheme but not all plays were called for run. Interesting. A scout dared to compare him to Greg Robinson. Ouch!, but we can’t rule him out right now.

8. Samuel Cosmi, Texas.

-A lot of scouts drooled over his athleticism/fluidity despite he never started a single game until this year as redshirt sophomore. It sounds like he lives up their expectation. If he weighed at least 305 and performed agility test well, he would be first Tackle off the board. Still, I rank him lower as it is a high risk label on him, currently (of course).

9. Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon.

-I feel like many scouts and NFL evaluators/coaches prefer him inside. I have not found something that makes LT a suggestible position for him at the moment. Wherever he plays he performs equally and that is why I keep him as top 10 for Jets the “swiss cheese” OL.

10. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame.

-He looks like a just college Tackle but he will need to add strength REAL WELL to make it possible for him to handle NFL players. I think he is a tad better than Chuma Edoga. Like Edoga, it is ideal for him to back up veteran to start NFL career.

?. Trey Adams, Washington.

-He is LT by birth. Unfortunately, he has back surgery last year. Also, I feel like he is older prospect for 2020 draft. I don’t mind Jets pulling 2017 strategy on T involving him.

Edited by JetsandI

OKST's Chuba Hubbard is unreal. That unstoppable SOB is only redshirt sophomore.   I heard that OKST's strength and conditioning is terrible. I don't know if it is true or not but it may be a reason why OKST never is a legit top team in powerhouse ranking.  Whatever!   I would love to get him if he opted for pro after this season.

Also, I watched some of solid size WRs Sage Surrat due to recent hype, Gabriel Davis and Tre Nixon today.

R-SOPH Surrat of Wake Forest -  Excluding speed for deep due to qb's strength.

-Good body control

-Good hands

-Refuse to get down on first tackle; fight for extra yard every time he tries.

-Real terrible ball carrier. He may remind you of whoever is the worst Rugby player on Earth.  Lack of movement at all. Jesus!

Junior Davis of UCF -

-Ability to create 4 or 5 steps separation.

-Fluidity in running.

-Good tracking ball.

-Excellent mind and catch coordination. For example, one play where he had to jump forward (in midair) and reach arms to catch football, and then he curled arm holding football back to his chest well before hitting on the ground. Most WRs would curl arms back at last second which causes incomplete pass.

-Heard he is a heavy duty football student.

Junior Nixon of UCF - Two plays only. sorry.

-Ability to separate defender.

-Good tracking ball.

-50/50 hands (basically he is 1 for 2 for my eyes so no need to get upset by that)

Edited by JetsandI

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

6. Austin Jackson, USC.

-He returned to action this year against Notre Dame because he was in the recovery (bone marrow transplant for his ill sister). Some scouts love his athleticism and he did not lose that much against Notre Dame despite their rushing edges were bad or down this year. We shall find out how well he will finish this season as junior. When is the last time USC LT stood out in NFL?

Tyron Smith went to USC