2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

This is obvious but worth mentioning since it’s coming from someone with ties to the front office. Shying away from WR early in the draft would be a good move, especially considering how deep it is

All signs point to a major rebuild along the line next year. Will be interesting to see how JD does it

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

This is obvious but worth mentioning since it’s coming from someone with ties to the front office. Shying away from WR early in the draft would be a good move, especially considering how deep it is

All signs point to a major rebuild along the line next year. Will be interesting to see how JD does it

I think we go back to back OLinrman in the draft. LT and C. Then go after WR and edge 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:This is obvious but worth mentioning since it’s coming from someone with ties to the front office. Shying away from WR early in the draft would be a good move, especially considering how deep it is

Nice catch. The only player I can see us taking that’s not a LT is Chase Young. I think we’re passed the days of BPA and then seeing where the pieces may land. Jerry Jeudy is great, but a LT like Thomas and Whirfs will bring more value to this team. 

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Nice catch. The only player I can see us taking that’s not a LT is Chase Young. I think we’re passed the days of BPA and then seeing where the pieces may land. Jerry Jeudy is great, but a LT like Thomas and Whirfs will bring more value to this team. 

Only way I see us going after Jeudy is if we fully address the OL with good talent minus a C in FA and get an edge in FA. Very unlikely. But possible.

• Like 1

I still think we are drafting 3rd overall and we trade down picking up extra picks. Teams will move up for guys like Tua and Burrow. I still think Burrow goes 1 to the Bengals and Young goes 2 to the Redskins. Then Miami, Tampa Bears, Titans and Broncos fight to get pick 3 for Tua. We get a nice kings ransom in return. I think we fall back to the 7-10 range and pick up 2020 first, 2021 first, 2020 second and 2021 3rd. We take Whirf with the pick in the first and grab a CB, center , Edge, WR and OG in the 2nd and 3rd rounds 

21 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still think we are drafting 3rd overall and we trade down picking up extra picks. Teams will move up for guys like Tua and Burrow. I still think Burrow goes 1 to the Bengals and Young goes 2 to the Redskins. Then Miami, Tampa Bears, Titans and Broncos fight to get pick 3 for Tua. We get a nice kings ransom in return. I think we fall back to the 7-10 range and pick up 2020 first, 2021 first, 2020 second and 2021 3rd. We take Whirf with the pick in the first and grab a CB, center , Edge, WR and OG in the 2nd and 3rd rounds 

We say this trade down stuff every year and never do. Just plan on us making the pick

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We say this trade down stuff every year and never do. Just plan on us making the pick

As things stand now what do we have in draft picks in the first three rounds is one first round one second round & two third round picks?? Would love to have another second pick. 

I trust Douglas will prioritize the OL not only in the draft by FA as well.  We need depth and talent with that group so more is better. Think of to the organizations he spent the most time with, Baltimore and Philly, both are very strong with OL.  It will be a "boring" FA and draft but one that will change the course of this team over the next 10 years if he does it correctly.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

As things stand now what do we have in draft picks in the first three rounds is one first round one second round & two third round picks?? Would love to have another second pick. 

Yup. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the Giants 3rd as it stands.

Im expecting us to trade Jamal for a 1st and a 3rd. We supposedly were asking for a 1st and a 2nd. Some team was offering more than the Cowboys 1st and 5th. The Ravens offer was also more than the Cowboys.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Yup. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the Giants 3rd as it stands.

Im expecting us to trade Jamal for a 1st and a 3rd. We supposedly were asking for a 1st and a 2nd. Some team was offering more than the Cowboys 1st and 5th. The Ravens offer was also more than the Cowboys.

I think we were asking for a 1st and two 2nds. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, Bobby816 said:

Haha this made me laugh. It’s so true. Mac legit couldn’t make a decision to save his job. Trade down or not I feel better that Douglas knows what the right thing to do is.