Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby816

2020 Draft Prospects

Recommended Posts

It would be a pisspoor decision to draft a WR in round 1 no matter how good Jeudy is. There will be top 59 talents available in the 3rd round this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

It would be a pisspoor decision to draft a WR in round 1 no matter how good Jeudy is. There will be top 59 talents available in the 3rd round this year

I don't agree with this. If we sign 3 good OLineman in FA why not go WR in the draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't agree with this. If we sign 3 good OLineman in FA why not go WR in the draft?

Not that I agree or disagree, but it looks like it will be a lot easier to find great value in rounds 2-3 at WR than say EDGE, OL, or CB.  If we sign 3 good OLlineman and Jeudy is far and away the highest rated guy on our board, sure, but value wise it would still be hard to justify comparatively speaking.

Considering how deep/talented this WR class is said to be, and that we'll most likely still have plenty of holes to fill leading up to the draft, it'd be smart to address a different area of need in round 1 while still being able to identify a handful of impact WR's to target in rounds 2-3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Not that I agree or disagree, but it looks like it will be a lot easier to find great value in rounds 2-3 at WR than say EDGE, OL, or CB.  If we sign 3 good OLlineman and Jeudy is far and away the highest rated guy on our board, sure, but value wise it would still be hard to justify comparatively speaking.

Considering how deep/talented this WR class is said to be, and that we'll most likely still have plenty of holes to fill leading up to the draft, it'd be smart to address a different area of need in round 1 while still being able to identify a handful of impact WR's to target in rounds 2-3. 

I know everyone’s argument will be... “well we have a different GM this year.” But history shows we rarely draft a WR (hence why we don’t have any homegrown good ones). And when it appears we should grab a guy. We don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't agree with this. If we sign 3 good OLineman in FA why not go WR in the draft?

What about the other two spots and who is the LT we are signing?  It's going to be a miracle if we rebuild the OL without using a high pick on a LT.  Makes way more sense to address some OL spots and also pass rusher/cb in FA.

The frees us up at the top of round 2 or 3 for a WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

What about the other two spots and who is the LT we are signing?  It's going to be a miracle if we rebuild the OL without using a high pick on a LT.  Makes way more sense to address some OL spots and also pass rusher/cb in FA.

The frees us up at the top of round 2 or 3 for a WR.

Assume we get a 2OT and 1 OGs in FA (or even 1 OT and 2 OGs). A C in this draft isn't worth a top 10 pick. And after Thomas and Wirffs the value at OT that high in the draft really isn't warranted. When Jeudy certainly is worth that draft spot. Use that 2nd and one of the 3rds for a OT and C. There's also guys we can get in FA that can play multiple spots on the OL... Like Glasgow and Vaitai. Which we could even get both of those guys maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Assume we get a 2OT and 1 OGs in FA (or even 1 OT and 2 OGs). A C in this draft isn't worth a top 10 pick. And after Thomas and Wirffs the value at OT that high in the draft really isn't warranted. When Jeudy certainly is worth that draft spot. Use that 2nd and one of the 3rds for a OT and C. There's also guys we can get in FA that can play multiple spots on the OL... Like Glasgow and Vaitai. Which we could even get both of those guys maybe.

The first 3 guys I go after in FA are Joe Thuney, Vaitai, and Glasgow. If we just ended up with these 3 I’d be estatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My top 4 is still the same in Young, Thomas, Jeudy, and Wirfs but CD Lamb is making a serious push

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol... how single-minded we are.     WR in 1st could work if JD managed to collect all talents together for the team as well as Gase actually coached the team up right.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dr.O said:

My top 4 is still the same in Young, Thomas, Jeudy, and Wirfs but CD Lamb is making a serious push

Ya my top 5 right now is...

1. Thomas

2. Wirffs

3. Jeudy

4. Young

5. Lamb

 

And honestly we are lucky to get 1 of these guys. We are more than likely going to be drafting in the 5-10 range. Figure a couple QBs go and a couple more defenders and we should get 1 of these 5.

That being said... I only am for going WR if we get 3 OLineman in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you listing these guys in terms of where you rank them as prospects or their importance to the Jets? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Are you listing these guys in terms of where you rank them as prospects or their importance to the Jets? 

 

Bobby is done with BPA so I think it’s need then best talent at those needs then bpa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Are you listing these guys in terms of where you rank them as prospects or their importance to the Jets? 

 

For us. Not as a player. I'm done with the BPA approach when it isn't a position of huge need. I'm ok with that philosophy in the later Rounds. But for the 1st few Rounds grab the top talents at the positions you need that are guys not over drafted (Josh Allen this last draft as an example).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dr.O said:

My top 4 is still the same in Young, Thomas, Jeudy, and Wirfs but CD Lamb is making a serious push

Depending on FA I'd swap Thomas and Jeudy, but this is pretty much my Big Board as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

For us. Not as a player. I'm done with the BPA approach when it isn't a position of huge need. I'm ok with that philosophy in the later Rounds. But for the 1st few Rounds grab the top talents at the positions you need that are guys not over drafted (Josh Allen this last draft as an example).

Fair enough haha. It’s a good list. I personally would be happy if we drafted any single one of those players. I do think Thomas would be a slam dunk for us. 

I am a huge Jeudy fan, but if the line doesn’t get much better there is only so much he can do to contribute with Sam having no clean pocket. Still would be pumped to have a receiver like that.

Young could completely transform our defense especially with Mosely and hopefully Williamson coming back (cheap still young and best of all he’s good). You could add Young and not do a single thing with corner and we’d be light years better (we should still add corners lol)

Wirffs is a good prospect because I think he’s going to be good no matter where he plays. He’d be a great RT and even a great OG but I am not as sure he’d make a great LT. Maybe he’d be adequate there but I don’t think his skill set translates as well to LT in the NFL. He may very well be a good LT, but I think he’d be even better elsewhere on the line. Still very versatile. I like him.

It is tough...but if all 4 are hypothetically sitting there...I think I still take Chase Young. Premium position, haven’t had one in 15 years. Then Thomas, then Jeudy then Wirffs or evening after Thomas and Chase are gone I’d look to move down but for argument sake I’m taking Jeudy even before Wirffs which kind of goes against my philosophy but I just think he’s THAT good and I don’t necessarily think Wirffs is a shame dunk HR LT. All being said...I need to watch more on everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×