Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby816

2020 Draft Prospects

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Think the keys to this upcoming offseason are Robby and Polite/Jenkins, if these guys step up it could really allow us to focus on the OL and CB spots badly 

Can you see Jenkins taking a step? He’s going into year 4, I think he’s as good as he’ll ever be. Solid, should definitely be a rotation guy for us but not enough to warrant not getting a new OLB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Can you see Jenkins taking a step? He’s going into year 4, I think he’s as good as he’ll ever be. Solid, should definitely be a rotation guy for us but not enough to warrant not getting a new OLB.

I think he can develop to be more like Calvin Pace, think he can improve a little bit. Which I think would be good enough to hold off a bit so we could focus on OL and CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I think he can develop to be more like Calvin Pace, think he can improve a little bit. Which I think would be good enough to hold off a bit so we could focus on OL and CB

Jenkins had a good Spring and surprised Williams and Vitt with his speed, strength, and improved footwork. According to the attached he worked with pass rushing coach Chuck Smith, the guy that works with Aaron Donald and Von Miller.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/15/6-winners-and-losers-from-jets-spring-practices/4/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I really like this CB and OL draft class coming up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I really like this CB and OL draft class coming up. 

It’s really too early, nobody expected Murray, Q, Allen or Hockenso to be top ten picks going into the 2018 season. I’d include Jones, but while the other 4 actually had outstanding seasons, Jones is just a mind blowing pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 5:35 AM, Rich51 said:

It’s really too early, nobody expected Murray, Q, Allen or Hockenso to be top ten picks going into the 2018 season. I’d include Jones, but while the other 4 actually had outstanding seasons, Jones is just a mind blowing pick

It's early, but the depth in those positions look pretty good so far. We've named a few names already but there are others like Throckmorton who graded out as a 87.4 passing grade. On the same team, Hanson didn't allow a sack. Then you have Thomas and Cleveland from UGA, Stanford as a couple, Notre Dame, and others. Then you have sleepers like Ezra Cleveland who could stand out this year. Then we still have Trey Adams returning. 

For CB, it all depends on who decides to come out. I honestly would have drafted Fulton over Greedy. There are about 4 other CBs I really like, but they have to prove it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

It's early, but the depth in those positions look pretty good so far. We've named a few names already but there are others like Throckmorton who graded out as a 87.4 passing grade. On the same team, Hanson didn't allow a sack. Then you have Thomas and Cleveland from UGA, Stanford as a couple, Notre Dame, and others. Then you have sleepers like Ezra Cleveland who could stand out this year. Then we still have Trey Adams returning. 

For CB, it all depends on who decides to come out. I honestly would have drafted Fulton over Greedy. There are about 4 other CBs I really like, but they have to prove it. 

@Ozzy on the NFL draft forum  lists well over 200 prospects including some reviews of less known prospects. It’s a well worth a read through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kristian Fulton, Trevon Diggs and Jeffery Okudah apparently are in the contest to be first CB off the board. umm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×