2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

Neutral Draft (no trade up or down, no FA influence)

1. RT Jedrick Wills, Alabama.

2. Edge Terrell Lewis, Alabama.

3a. CB Jeff Gladney, TCU.

3b. RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU.

4. LT Matt Peart, Connecticut.

5. WR Isaiah Wright, Temple.

6. C Kenny Cooper, Georgia Tech.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JetsandI said:

No offense because I value your collegiate insight, but Wills at 1?  A RT?  If we trade down in the 20-32 range, maybe.  We need a true LT at 1, not an experiment.  Not to mention, when was the last Alabama OT to make an impact?  They are a fringe NFL team with talent that makes everyone look good in the NCAA.

9 hours ago, JetsandI said:

One of Thomas or Wirfs will be there when we draft

2 hours ago, xrade said:

No offense because I value your collegiate insight, but Wills at 1?  A RT?  If we trade down in the 20-32 range, maybe.  We need a true LT at 1, not an experiment.  Not to mention, when was the last Alabama OT to make an impact?  They are a fringe NFL team with talent that makes everyone look good in the NCAA.

Don't forget tua is a lefty so wills protects his blind side. 

• Like 1

My top 3 targets right now are A.Thoms, Wirfs, and Alaric Jackson. I think we'll be in a position to grab one of them. This isn't based just on how bad we need an LT, but their talent at their position can match all the other prospects. 

Edited by rickyt31

On 12/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, Bobby816 said:

Just bc of past (I know we have a different GM). I have the weird bad feeling we go CB Round 1. And I don't like it.

Unfortunately CB is a huge need a realistic choice, but I am hoping we try to find CBs elsewhere. You can get away with OK CBs when you have a pass rush. I much rather focus on building the offense so that we don't ruin our 22 yr old franchise QB. Can;t fix every hole, but we can make sure that Darnold doesn't get killed next year behind a pathetic OL again. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, Bobby816 said:

Just bc of past (I know we have a different GM). I have the weird bad feeling we go CB Round 1. And I don't like it.

Everyone close to JD has said he's going to do whatever it takes to improve the OL, and he himself has acknowledged that the team's top priority is to build around Darnold. I'd have no problem if the Jets go for an elite CB - but that would mean the Jets utilized free agency to improve the OL. More likely: the Jets will sign a few CBs in FA who won't demand crazy money. The market will be littered with CBs - many of which Joe Douglas has history with. Jimmy Smith/Ronald Darby on short contracts make an awful lot of sense. 

Just looking at where we're likely to be drafting (between 6-13) and where tackles have been going off the board in recent years, I'm guessing we'll be in the sweet spot for one of the top 3 tackles. Also, keep in mind that the only team likely to take a tackle ahead of us is Washington. I'm confident a very good prospect will fall into our laps and I'm sure the Jets FO are too. 

• 2019: Jonah Williams - 11th overall
  • 2018: Mike McGlinchey - 9th overall; Kolton Miller - 15th overall
  • 2017: Garrett Bolles - 20th overall; Ryan Ramczyk - 32nd overall
  • 2016: Ronnie Stanley - 6th overall; Jack Conklin - 8th overall; Laremy Tunsil - 13th overall; Taylor Decker - 16th overall
  • 2015: Andrus Peat - 13th overall; Cedric Ogbuehi - 21st overall; DJ Humphries - 24th overall
  • 2014: Greg Robinson - 2nd overall; Jake Matthews - 11th overall; Taylor Lewan - 11th overall; Ja'Wuan James - 19th overall

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:02 PM, jetskid007 said:

Everyone close to JD has said he's going to do whatever it takes to improve the OL, and he himself has acknowledged that the team's top priority is to build around Darnold. I'd have no problem if the Jets go for an elite CB - but that would mean the Jets utilized free agency to improve the OL. More likely: the Jets will sign a few CBs in FA who won't demand crazy money. The market will be littered with CBs - many of which Joe Douglas has history with. Jimmy Smith/Ronald Darby on short contracts make an awful lot of sense. 

Just looking at where we're likely to be drafting (between 6-13) and where tackles have been going off the board in recent years, I'm guessing we'll be in the sweet spot for one of the top 3 tackles. Also, keep in mind that the only team likely to take a tackle ahead of us is Washington. I'm confident a very good prospect will fall into our laps and I'm sure the Jets FO are too. 

• 2016: Ronnie Stanley - 6th overall; Jack Conklin - 8th overall; Laremy Tunsil - 13th overall; Taylor Decker - 16th overall
  • 2015: Andrus Peat - 13th overall; Cedric Ogbuehi - 21st overall; DJ Humphries - 24th overall
  • 2014: Greg Robinson - 2nd overall; Jake Matthews - 11th overall; Taylor Lewan - 11th overall; Ja'Wuan James - 19th overall

I think we will end up in the top 10. And that should guarantee us 1 of Thomas or Wirfs. Its just whether we actually draft 1 of them.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, xrade said:

Damn Jonah Williams being on IR. heh.

Tua has been able to make all nfl throws so OL blocking is adjusted accordingly.  Prior to Tua's era, the Tides were conservative passing offense so many of OL played that way made a little bit or less impact in NFL.  Tua's offense is completely different so give those OL some benefit of doubt.

After Thomas and Wirfs, it is down to Austin Jackson and Jedrick Wills. I picked Wills because of better strength.  In real life, a several teams may make trade up and take pathetic qbs so Thomas or Wirfs may be available for Jets at 9 (entering the Ravens game).

On 12/14/2019 at 3:02 PM, jetskid007 said:

McGlinchey at 9th.

Miller at 15th.

Conklin at 8th.

All are currently RTs so we should not get upset if we don't get LT there.

On 12/14/2019 at 2:33 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Unfortunately CB is a huge need a realistic choice, but I am hoping we try to find CBs elsewhere. You can get away with OK CBs when you have a pass rush. I much rather focus on building the offense so that we don't ruin our 22 yr old franchise QB. Can;t fix every hole, but we can make sure that Darnold doesn't get killed next year behind a pathetic OL again. 

Also, Gregg Williams doesn't require first round talent in CB to make his defense look respectable.  However, Jeff Okudah is real deal there. We will see.