2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I don’t believe we’re gonna take a ton of chance on “Athletes” in the draft if it’s anything we’ve learned from Baltimore they continuously take high Character, High Effort, and technically sound players instead of athletes who they have to teach everything to.

It's hard to tell because I think JD was with the Ravens when they picked Jimmy Smith and he had character concerns coming out. But I do agree for the most part. I think IQ and toughness will catch his eye. I can't see him touching CBs or LB's who can't play the run or OL that can only pass protect. He's a former offensive lineman who learned under a Ravens system. That's a perfect combination this team needs right now.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

nickname is just the city he's from

hollywood, florida

dont see how that makes you low character 

Correct. And to lump him together with Antonio is a fallacy. Hollywood has great football character and there’s also this: 

Undersized (130 pounds on graduation day) and qualifying late academically, Brown struggled to make ends meet while waiting for his shot. He attended College of the Canyons in California, working jobs while trying to keep up his grades so he could take the next step. The playmaker with the nickname "Hollywood" (his hometown in Florida, as well as his highlight-reel style of play) was a four-star junior college recruit after his one season with COC (50-754, 10 TD receiving, 13-402, TD kickoff returns, 9-182, TD punt returns).

• Like 1

One team I'll be following closely is the Dallas Cowboys. They have a really expensive OL. From a resource allocation, does it make sense for them to have one of the highest paid RB, WR, and QB while also having the highest paid OL? They are a good drafting team. So, I don't think a Jamal trade for picks makes sense for them. However, a Jamal trade for one of their OL makes sense. It'll allow them to resign Byron Jones and their OL would still be really good even if they give up one of their top 4 OL. The trade I would like to see is Jamal Adams for La'el Collins. I think that works for both teams. 

Now that we are picking in the mid round, I think Tyler Badasz would be a great pickup. He fits the attitude we want in a player. He's the leader of a Wisconsin OL and he's a really good solid player. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

One team I'll be following closely is the Dallas Cowboys. They have a really expensive OL. From a resource allocation, does it make sense for them to have one of the highest paid RB, WR, and QB while also having the highest paid OL? They are a good drafting team. So, I don't think a Jamal trade for picks makes sense for them. However, a Jamal trade for one of their OL makes sense. It'll allow them to resign Byron Jones and their OL would still be really good even if they give up one of their top 4 OL. The trade I would like to see is Jamal Adams for La'el Collins. I think that works for both teams. 

Now that we are picking in the mid round, I think Tyler Badasz would be a great pickup. He fits the attitude we want in a player. He's the leader of a Wisconsin OL and he's a really good solid player. 

I think you’d see them trade a more vet guy like Smith or Martin. But those guys age and salary don’t equal to what Adams is worth. I don’t think we trade Adams. I don’t actually think we entertain it after seeing his reaction this last time just hearing we were open to offers on anyone. But you are right Dallas might have to trade away Smith or Martin to create cap to resign their own. With their salaries it should cost a ton to get one.

Id for sure see what it would take to get Smith and make LT not an issue for a few years. Maybe draft Biadisz and get a couple more Ol in the draft and Fa

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think you’d see them trade a more vet guy like Smith or Martin. But those guys age and salary don’t equal to what Adams is worth. I don’t think we trade Adams. I don’t actually think we entertain it after seeing his reaction this last time just hearing we were open to offers on anyone. But you are right Dallas might have to trade away Smith or Martin to create cap to resign their own. With their salaries it should cost a ton to get one.

Id for sure see what it would take to get Smith and make LT not an issue for a few years. Maybe draft Biadisz and get a couple more Ol in the draft and Fa

That's true. Tyron Smith makes more sense for Dallas and either player works for us. He just turned 29 and probably has another 5 years of high level play. The Dallas Line looks fine right now without him. They just have so much talent on that line that it makes sense for them to allocate those resources elsewhere. I'm expecting Jamal to get traded. JD was asking for one of their OL players. I get why Dallas didn't make it mid year. The OL needs continuity. But going forward, I think it makes too much sense for both teams. I'm excited to see what JD does. The only thing I NEED him to do is fix the OL. If he holds on everything else, I'll call it a success. Obviously, I want us to get better a WR, CB, and Edge. But my hope is for them to nail the OL. 

Looks like these are our picks in the draft.

1st Rd

2nd Rd

3rd Rd

NYG

NYJ

4th Rd

5th Rd

6th Rd

7th Rd

I still think we are in a decent spot in round one. We really lucked out in the sense that Atlanta is also 7-9 and they pick 16th.

Theres also a number of teams ahead of us that may fall in love with some of the qbs helping push a tackle or wr down to us.

45 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Looks like these are our picks in the draft.

1st Rd

2nd Rd

3rd Rd

NYG

NYJ

4th Rd

5th Rd

6th Rd

7th Rd

I still think we are in a decent spot in round one. We really lucked out in the sense that Atlanta is also 7-9 and they pick 16th.

Theres also a number of teams ahead of us that may fall in love with some of the qbs helping push a tackle or wr down to us.

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Look at 2020's compensatory selections.   The site is almost accurate so assuming I did the math right, Jets may have 120th selection in 4th round, 160th in 5th, 192th in 6th and 228th in 7th.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Best OL we drafted outside of Ferguson or Mangold was Matt Slauson.

And most of our linemen we drafted were rounds 4-7.  Rewatching the Bills-Jets game. Man our OL is pathetic, Bell would break tackles but usually has no chance to run with how bad they are. 

Harrison was thrown around all game. We legit need multiple new starters on the OL. Should be a compeltely new unit next season. 

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

And most of our linemen we drafted were rounds 4-7.  Rewatching the Bills-Jets game. Man our OL is pathetic, Bell would break tackles but usually has no chance to run with how bad they are. 

Harrison was thrown around all game. We legit need multiple new starters on the OL. Should be a compeltely new unit next season. 

If there is a top center in the draft, we should have a real shot of getting one. What makes this year so painful is having to wait 4 long months till the draft and three months till the FA period. With our four total picks in the first three rounds we should get real help. Who knows what is going to happen in the FA market. Right now we have a little over 46 million in cap space, we will not know the exact amount till March.

Someone please tell me how CeeDee Lamb isn’t the pick is Thomas, Wirfs, Jeudy and Young are all gone? From a BPA approach (which most have you have preached is what we should do) for so long how is he not more talented than the 3rd best OLineman or 2nd best Edge?

• Like 1