Jump to content
Bobby816

2020 Draft Prospects

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Someone please tell me how CeeDee Lamb isn’t the pick is Thomas, Wirfs, Jeudy and Young are all gone? From a BPA approach (which most have you have preached is what we should do) for so long how is he not more talented than the 3rd best OLineman or 2nd best Edge?

What if we sign 2 receivers plus Q, DT coming back. Bring Robby back, then the depth behind them with Crowder, Smith, Berrios. 

Lamb would be a great pick in your scenario but free agency will tell us a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Someone please tell me how CeeDee Lamb isn’t the pick is Thomas, Wirfs, Jeudy and Young are all gone? From a BPA approach (which most have you have preached is what we should do) for so long how is he not more talented than the 3rd best OLineman or 2nd best Edge?

Justin Jefferson might have played his way into that convo imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What if we sign 2 receivers plus Q, DT coming back. Bring Robby back, then the depth behind them with Crowder, Smith, Berrios. 

Lamb would be a great pick in your scenario but free agency will tell us a lot. 

In all honesty there’s 1 WR in FA who is better than Lamb and that’s Cooper. And I doubt we get him. There’s not 2 FA WRs that make this team much better. We need to draft a guy. Not necessarily in Round 1. But high. I used Lamb as an example as a BPA if thetop 2 OLineman are gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In all honesty there’s 1 WR in FA who is better than Lamb and that’s Cooper. And I doubt we get him. There’s not 2 FA WRs that make this team much better. We need to draft a guy. Not necessarily in Round 1. But high. I used Lamb as an example as a BPA if thetop 2 OLineman are gone

True, though it’s always difficult to project, remember Sammy Watkins being so good the Bills traded a future 1 to grab him. 

Looking at our team it’s possible in that scenario a trade down makes sense, 11 is prime for those top 10 “drops” to have a team in the late teens and early 20s move up. 

One thing we learned this year above all else is the importance of depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True, though it’s always difficult to project, remember Sammy Watkins being so good the Bills traded a future 1 to grab him. 

Looking at our team it’s possible in that scenario a trade down makes sense, 11 is prime for those top 10 “drops” to have a team in the late teens and early 20s move up. 

One thing we learned this year above all else is the importance of depth. 

Ya falcons traded up for Julio and he’s been pretty good if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya falcons traded up for Julio and he’s been pretty good if you ask me.

There’s def examples on both sides. I don’t think there’s a single way to go about it but what we do know is we ain’t winning anything until we get quality/consistent  OL Play and some more pass rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Espenesa declares, I could see him being an option for us at 11. YGM might even boost his stock enough to be an option as well. I actually really like YGM I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the mid to late teens if we manage a trade back this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys feel about Drafting guys who aren’t exactly technically sound knowing how both our offense and defense is ran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching more tape and reading more info, I think I'm jumping on the Mekhi Becton train. I really like what he can do and I think his flaws can be fixed. As a freshman, he played 312 snaps and only allowed 6 pressures. Didn't fall far from that last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strong feeling we take the committee approach at WR. Sounding like Robby will get a nice payday in FA, one we won't be prepared to match. There are a few under-the-radar receivers I think we'll target in FA who could be a better fit at a cheaper rate, and I think we'll draft at least 2 WRs early in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Strong feeling we take the committee approach at WR. Sounding like Robby will get a nice payday in FA, one we won't be prepared to match. There are a few under-the-radar receivers I think we'll target in FA who could be a better fit at a cheaper rate, and I think we'll draft at least 2 WRs early in the draft.

Who? Perriman earned himself a payday the way he finished. So not very many good options out there in FA. We will have to address WR mainly with top picks on the draft. Meaning we need to be aggressive in FA and trades for OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Who? Perriman earned himself a payday the way he finished. So not very many good options out there in FA. We will have to address WR mainly with top picks on the draft. Meaning we need to be aggressive in FA and trades for OL.

I prefer to keep it under wraps until I finish writing a mock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I prefer to keep it under wraps until I finish writing a mock.

Gotcha. Easier to mock now that we know we’re The 11th pick and Robby will test FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

How do you guys feel about Drafting guys who aren’t exactly technically sound knowing how both our offense and defense is ran. 

Our coaching staff proved capable of developing players. On D at all levels. On O at WR. Robby became a more diverse receiver this year.

I wouldn’t be comfortable with OL players who are not technically sound. I don’t trust our coaching staff there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gotcha. Easier to mock now that we know we’re The 11th pick and Robby will test FA.

Kind of expected us to go 7-9 when we were on a roll so I've been preparing for us to pick 12th/13th, but yes, things became much more clear now that it's been finalized. As a fan I want Robby back, but when you dig deep into our financial situation it's not as good as people think; we don't have very many players under contract and simply can't pay him $12-14m per year. We'll look to reinvest that money into the OL, and the combination of Herndon/FA signing/draft picks should make up for his lost production. There are particular WRs hitting the market that fit well into what we do. I'm sure the names will surprise people, but it's not all that different from Crowder last offseason to Albert Wilson before him and guys like Robert Woods, Marvin Jones, Danny Amedola before them... sometimes players just need a fresh start elsewhere to show what they're capable of. 

For all the things you can say about Gase, he knows what he wants and looks for in a WR and I think that will result in a group that will be more productive than many of us think. The marquee additions will likely be OL, but I expect we'll quietly assemble a productive group without making major monetary commitments. I firmly expect two big-time FA contracts and a 1st round investment in the OL, with a mid-tier FA signing and two Day 2 picks spent at WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×