2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Don’t see a way he falls to us. Arguably the 3rd best player in the whole draft though.

Wouldnt say that

of all the teams in front of us, pretty much only Arizona is a real threat to take a wr, maybe outside shot of carolina

And they could fall in love with Lamb more 

and if they take Jeudy, Lamb is still a fine 1a/1b situation for us

11 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Wouldnt say that

of all the teams in front of us, pretty much only Arizona is a real threat to take a wr, maybe outside shot of carolina

And they could fall in love with Lamb more 

and if they take Jeudy, Lamb is still a fine 1a/1b situation for us

He’s a guy that’s bpa for sure after Burrow and Young are gone. So he can go anytime bc he’s that good. His talent is so good where a team might choose him just bc he’s that good even though they might need something else.

Jeudy putting on a show in the Citrus Bowl. Over 200 yds with a td. I wouldn’t mind one bit if he fell to us. 

Another one of my favorite wrs this year Tyler Johnson is tearing up the Outback Bowl. 200 + yds and 2 tds, including a sick one hand grab for his first touchdown.  Would love him to slip to one of our third rounders  

This receiver class is crazy. 

A lot of speculation that Tua will return to school. He’ll make is announcement on January 6. I also haven’t forgotten that Tannenbaum suggested Miami would go Herbert months ago (same front office remains in place +/- a few personnel people). His rationale was suspect at the time, but from what we know he’s still close with those in the Dolphins organization, so take it FWIW. 

Makes you wonder if the Gailey hire had a lot to do with not only Fitzpatrick, but Herbert as well, who is most comfortable in the spread... 

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Regarding Jedrick Wills... what's everyone's thoughts on drafting a guy at 11 that we would be moving his position? I mean he was blocking the blindside for Tua but he's a RT.

I really don’t think it matters, our OL is super trash so if we take him and he ends up being an elite RT I’m cool with it

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Regarding Jedrick Wills... what's everyone's thoughts on drafting a guy at 11 that we would be moving his position? I mean he was blocking the blindside for Tua but he's a RT.

I’m actually leaning towards keeping Beachum around and drafting Willis or Wirfs to play RT. Let them get adjusted to the NFL and see if there’s the potential of moving them to LT in the future. 

Beechum and a rookie plus Chuma as a possible swing tackle would be better depth than we’ve had in years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Doesn’t concern me at all. End of the day draft the best OL out there, bring him into your building and figure out the position later. 

By the way, for those that are a little more concerned about RT vs LT designation, keep in mind that Tyron Smith was a career RT at USC

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Doesn’t concern me at all. End of the day draft the best OL out there, bring him into your building and figure out the position later. 

By the way, for those that are a little more concerned about RT vs LT designation, keep in mind that Tyron Smith was a career RT at USC

Tyron Smith was hands down the best OLineman in that draft. Can't say the same thing about Wills. I have Thomas and Wirfs rated higher than him.

I'd actually be surprised if we drafted a lineman round 1. It's our biggest need by far...however, o lineman (especially  OT) has a steep learning curve for rookies and darnold is in tr 3 of development. I doubt they would want to use 11 to redshirt a player or risk a rookie OT protecting darnold. 

I'd look for us to sign a bunch of OL veterans and use the mid rounds to draft OL help while looking at CB, WR, and pass rush at #11. Just being logical and trying to see the pieces from JD's POV

36 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'd actually be surprised if we drafted a lineman round 1. It's our biggest need by far...however, o lineman (especially  OT) has a steep learning curve for rookies and darnold is in tr 3 of development. I doubt they would want to use 11 to redshirt a player or risk a rookie OT protecting darnold. 

I'd look for us to sign a bunch of OL veterans and use the mid rounds to draft OL help while looking at CB, WR, and pass rush at #11. Just being logical and trying to see the pieces from JD's POV

That plan did not work so well for Mac.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind picking a elite prospect at RT early. We are still improving the line and protecting Sam/Bell. Wirfs, Becton, Wills,  and Jackson are options for me right now.  Trading back or not, we have options who can potentially start day 1 at LT or other positions.  

I like the first round WRs but this class is really deep and I'm comfortable with waiting until the 2-4 round to grab one + signing another. 

• Like 1