2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It holds well for us that our 2 big needs are probably the 2 strongest positions in the draft next year in OL and WR

No way WR is more a need then CB.  Our CB's are bad.

When I have high hopes for Derrick Jones to step into a huge role this year you know it's grim.

Our #1 CB is coming off a bad year despite what people want to say about his PFF grade and what not.  I hope getting him back to press in Williams system helps him because if he plays like last year we are in trouble.

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

No way WR is more a need then CB.  Our CB's are bad.

When I have high hopes for Derrick Jones to step into a huge role this year you know it's grim.

Our #1 CB is coming off a bad year despite what people want to say about his PFF grade and what not.  I hope getting him back to press in Williams system helps him because if he plays like last year we are in trouble.

Tru’s issue was health more than anything. Roberts, Poole, Nickerson are all tough players. Can’t have pro bowlers at all 11 defensive spots.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Tru’s issue was health more than anything. Roberts, Poole, Nickerson are all tough players. Can’t have pro bowlers at all 11 defensive spots.

Can't just call it all health related.  He was bad when he played.

Poole is a younger Skrine who we all hated, Nickerson hasn't done anything, and Roberts is meh.

We easily have more pass catching weapons then CB's when you can factor in TE and RB production.  We are another poor season from Tru away from being flat out desperate at the CB position.  

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

My only concerns on defense are CB, 34 NT, and Maye's injuries. 

I don't think NT is a big issue for Gregg Williams.  Besides, we already have Williamson, Mosley and Adams who could make plenty of stops between Ts.

For me, I think CB and Edge remain issue as well as Maye's durability.

25 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Poole is a younger Skrine who we all hated, Nickerson hasn't done anything, and Roberts is meh.

We easily have more pass catching weapons then CB's when you can factor in TE and RB production.  We are another poor season from Tru away from being flat out desperate at the CB position.  

Trumaine had leg problems that barred his ability on the field last year.  However, he is approaching 30 years old so he may be down and staying there.  If he could not rebound back during playing the defense scheme he was comfortable with then he would be done immediately.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Ah... I don't think we should get comfortable with WR corp.   Big Q has scary injury history.  Robby plans to seek for big bucks but he is no true #1.

Not saying we are all set by any means just that we could be among the worst CB groups in the NFL if Tru doesn't bounce back this year.

If Q goes down we can still field an offense and be ok.  If Tru gets banged up our #1 CB is freakin Daryl Roberts (that is really bad) and as you said he's a 30 year old CB so we are desperate for one next year anyway.

Edited by Rockice_8

I, for one, would like the best OT as long it is not a reach. I am not so sure OT is as strong as we would like it to be. Two of the top OT’s carry injury risks. After we let go Beachum walk, who will man LT? Edoga?

58 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not saying we are all set by any means just that we could be among the worst CB groups in the NFL if Tru doesn't bounce back this year.

If Q goes down we can still field an offense and be ok.  If Tru gets banged up our #1 CB is freakin Daryl Roberts (that is really bad) and as you said he's a 30 year old CB so we are desperate for one next year anyway.

Remember Robby will hit FA after this season and Jets lack of a true reliable WR for Darnold to count on legitimately if Big Q is a bust.  Bell, Crowder and Herndon should be in that "reliable" part but Jets unlikely to expand plays for them. Whilst CB is more impressed need for Jets, WR is not far behind for 2020 off season.

Edited by JetsandI

32 minutes ago, xrade said:

I, for one, would like the best OT as long it is not a reach. I am not so sure OT is as strong as we would like it to be. Two of the top OT’s carry injury risks. After we let go Beachum walk, who will man LT? Edoga?

Frank Pollack will hint us. lol.

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

He was hurt when he played from literally the first game of the season when he took that crazy hit after he intercepted a pass. 

He got healthy and came back and played well. 

17 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm holding out hope that Derrick Jones can develop into a plus starter. He graded very well in limited snaps.