2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Tristan Wirfs officially declaring. Good news for us. 

The last time 3 OL went in the top 10 was in 2013, when Eric Fisher (1), Luke Joeckel (2), and Lane Johnson (4), all went in the top 5. Before that was 2008, and before that was 2002. 

I know what the mock drafts are saying, but if the Jets stick at 11, there should be a good chance that one of the top 3 tackles are available at 11. All the teams that need OL help (listed below) are not going to go with an OL. Some teams will seek to address bigger needs (i.e. QB), others will fix their units in FA. 

• #4 NYG - Gettleman has never drafted an OL in round 1. That's not to say they won't this year, but he has a keen eye for the position and usually seeks to build through day 2-3. 
  • #5 MIA - a reliable source has told me that Tua will be the pick, and likely via trade up to #3. 
  • #6 LAC - most fluid situation on the list. They could really use a tackle, but that won't have fans buying PSL's and they need a QBOTF. Free agency will uncover their plans. 
  • #7 CAR - needs all over the board. Outside chance they take a T, but they have made heavy investments in the position of late and don't see them giving up on Greg Little so quickly. 
  • #8 ARI - they can use a lot of players too. You would think OL to protect Kyler, but I think they resign Humphries and address RT in FA or later in the draft. 
  • #10 CLE - it's anyone's guess what they do in the draft with DePodesta having major say. Under he and Sashi Brown, the drafts were epic failures, with Joe Schobert becoming the only "building block" player in a 14 player 2016 draft class, and 2017 turned out to be fairly frustrating too (Garrett was an obvious pick at #1, Peppers is no longer with the team, Njoku has been Ebron-levels of inconsistent, and Ogunjobi has been solid). My guess is they go OL here, but could easily see a team trading up for an elite WR before the wave of WR needy teams begins (NYJ #11, LVR #12, IND #13). 

My biggest thing that I don’t like is Cleveland right ahead of us. I assume they for sure go OT. So whoever looks like they’re slipping will get picked before us is my guess. But like you stated... I think just 1 OT goes before Cleveland. Cleveland drafts who they view as the best guy and we then go the next. I’d be happy with any of Thomas, Wirfs or Wills. So no complaints here. And honestly if all 3 are gone I’m 100% on board with going Jeudy or Lamb as well rather than reaching for Becton or even worse drafting a defensive guy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My biggest thing that I don’t like is Cleveland right ahead of us. I assume they for sure go OT. So whoever looks like they’re slipping will get picked before us is my guess. But like you stated... I think just 1 OT goes before Cleveland. Cleveland drafts who they view as the best guy and we then go the next. I’d be happy with any of Thomas, Wirfs or Wills. So no complaints here. And honestly if all 3 are gone I’m 100% on board with going Jeudy or Lamb as well rather than reaching for Becton or even worse drafting a defensive guy.

But what if Derrick Brown falls to us?

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Let’s say all 5 of those guys are gone(Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, Lamb and Juedy) AND there’s not a viable trade back option. Who would you choose?

Becton, Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Austin Jackson, Ruggs, Shenault, Higgins, Fulton

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Let’s say all 5 of those guys are gone(Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, Lamb and Juedy) AND there’s not a viable trade back option. Who would you choose?

As of right now I’d say Becton. FA can and will alter my thoughts though. I say Becton bc for me right now OL is our biggest need. So while I rate those WRs higher than Becton, I still say take him. Now if we grab 2-3 OLineman in FA and the board fell like that. I’d say give me Ruggs.

As I’ve stated... I’m ok with drafting 1 defensive player in Round 1 and that’s Chase Young. Who stands nearly a 0% chance of making it to 11.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As of right now I’d say Becton. FA can and will alter my thoughts though. I say Becton bc for me right now OL is our biggest need. So while I rate those WRs higher than Becton, I still say take him. Now if we grab 2-3 OLineman in FA and the board fell like that. I’d say give me Ruggs.

As I’ve stated... I’m ok with drafting 1 defensive player in Round 1 and that’s Chase Young. Who stands nearly a 0% chance of making it to 11.

What about Okudah if by some miracle he falls? 

17 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What about Okudah if by some miracle he falls? 

No thanks. We had the #7 defense in the NFL last year without our starting 2 ILBs. We make the offense better and let the defense rest and they will get better just by doing that. I want 0 valuable picks spent on defense. Get a CB like Jimmy Smith or Jalen Mills in FA for an affordable price and that’s good for me.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Still can’t believe Macc passed on Josh Allen. 

Don’t get me started. I know we all love Adams. But let’s not forget we drafted Adams over Watson and Mahomes when we really needed a QB as well. And wouldn’t have had to trade away 3 2nd rounders to get one of them either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

No thanks. We had the #7 defense in the NFL last year without our starting 2 ILBs. We make the offense better and let the defense rest and they will get better just by doing that. I want 0 valuable picks spent on defense. Get a CB like Jimmy Smith or Jalen Mills in FA for an affordable price and that’s good for me.

I know some of us are high on Austin and I personally like Hairston outside of that Giants(woof!!) so yeah I agree that offense should be the utmost priority barring something major in free agency. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I also can’t see a situation where all of Burrows, Young, Tua, Thomas, Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs and Wills are all gone by our pick. I find it unlikely Young is the only defensive pick in the top 8.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Don’t get me started. I know we all love Adams. But let’s not forget we drafted Adams over Watson and Mahomes when we really needed a QB as well. And wouldn’t have had to trade away 3 2nd rounders to get one of them either.

Crazy thing is I never even remember us being linked to Watson or Mahomes at all. It’s like he didn’t even consider a Quarterback. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Crazy thing is I never even remember us being linked to Watson or Mahomes at all. It’s like he didn’t even consider a Quarterback. 

After we drafted Adams we apparently looked into trading up (giving a ton away) to try and get Watson. If we liked him that much... why didn’t we just draft him?