Bobby816

2020 Draft Prospects

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Right. I remember that. Yeah, idk what the hell Macc was thinking.

Macc was always BPA.  F YOU Leo.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:52 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

If we sign 2 OL and draft 2 OL then I’m comfortable with where things are going for the Line. 

I want Beachum and Lewis back on the left side with 2 Vets stepping in at C and RG and a rookie RT, who will transition to LT next year. Then next year we let the developmental Center take over and draft another mammoth at RT. 

I could accept Beachum back next year, but i think we are vastly overrating Lewis if we want him to be in our starting line up next year.  He only seemed decent because of the trash he replaced, and the line came back together a bit more when he and Harrison were in there... ie they could handle a simple stunt.  But we clearly had the worst rushing offense in the league last year, and that was due to the fact that we had 0 guys on the line that could really ever get any sort of push, including Lewis.  Beachum was rubbish in the run game but was at least an above average pass blocker.

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I could accept Beachum back next year, but i think we are vastly overrating Lewis if we want him to be in our starting line up next year.  He only seemed decent because of the trash he replaced, and the line came back together a bit more when he and Harrison were in there... ie they could handle a simple stunt.  But we clearly had the worst rushing offense in the league last year, and that was due to the fact that we had 0 guys on the line that could really ever get any sort of push, including Lewis.  Beachum was rubbish in the run game but was at least an above average pass blocker.

Could be that but we do know the Jets are high on him and he was just getting back on the field remember he was injured the past couple of years. Continuity will be important. 

NFL people are going to have Mekhi Becton ranked higher than some of the names in the "big 3" tackle group , possibly all of them... 

Start putting him in your top 10s. 

Not that I’m a big fan of him but I could see us taking Aj Epenesa, kind of matches the thyme of players the Ravens and Eagles have drafted in the past.

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

NFL people are going to have Mekhi Becton ranked higher than some of the names in the "big 3" tackle group , possibly all of them... 

He’s giant and has good feet but is raw. Could have the best career potentially of them all but will IMO struggle early in his career bc he’s so raw. Might get away with size and athleticism, but technique will need work over his career

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s giant and has good feet but is raw. Could have the best career potentially of them all but will IMO struggle early in his career bc he’s so raw. Might get away with size and athleticism, but technique will need work over his career

Don't disagree with you, but just informing what I've heard

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, do you work in the industry in some capacity? 

Clearly bring a different level of knowledge/outreach so I’m assuming this is either a full time gig or your just a crazed fan (Not meant as an insult as I imagine most of us on here are to a certain extent)

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, do you work in the industry in some capacity? 

Clearly bring a different level of knowledge/outreach so I’m assuming this is either a full time gig or your just a crazed fan (Not meant as an insult as I imagine most of us on here are to a certain extent)

It's a long story and a combination of both actually haha. I've actually worked in real estate development/brokerage since college as I had been going to law school at night, but did a lot of sports law things on the side, really from a contractual prospective, as I kind of see myself jumping into the agency ring in a few years down the line when it makes sense (if you are bar certified, you're permitted to without any additional certifications; just need to create a company and submit your app to the league and you're pretty much good to go). My cousin has a lot of connections in the industry; she works as the Director of PR at Grutman Sports, which first launched in 2015, and has been able to put together an impressive client book. Before that she worked for the Panthers, I have other close friends that work for CAA and another that used to work for the Jets but is now in sports media. Between all of them I've been introduced me to many people in the industry based out of NY, which has led to at least passing relationships with several agents agents, and in many cases the agents are the "life blood" of the industry. You obviously need the talent, but they play a large part in weaving it all together, which is where the information comes from. What's funny is they're not as super knowledgeable as you'd think in regards to the game of football, but I ask the questions and they know where to get the answers. 

The evaluation and understanding of the game front has just been years and years of this being my hobby. I just love the sport; it's the ultimate team game but so many details that the common fan misses - yeah it's a bunch of big *** dudes hitting each other first and foremost, but the game of football is truly a war of attrition and a chess match; at the end of the day the smartest team, the most prepared team, the team that sees the big picture, is going to come out on top. I respect how teams decide to build their franchises and after so many years of looking at how teams have done it right vs. how it's done wrong, and spitting my opinions to those in the know, I guess I've developed a higher level of intellect for the game. Not to sound cocky, but I'm sure that I can have a career in the industry if I wanted it - I have the connections and the knowledge to - but it's not the lifestyle I want to live; having to travel all the time and whatnot - and it kind of defeats the purpose of being a hobby. I have bigger fish to fry on the real estate law front, but as I mentioned earlier it's always possible I return to it. I'm actually prepping to take the bar exam this upcoming Feb (so I really shouldn't be posting but this and the gym have been my versions of studying breaks), and the company I'm considering working for does both Development and Sports, so we'll see, but thanks for asking

11 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

It's a long story and a combination of both actually haha. I've actually worked in real estate development/brokerage since college as I had been going to law school at night, but did a lot of sports law things on the side, really from a contractual prospective, as I kind of see myself jumping into the agency ring in a few years down the line when it makes sense (if you are bar certified, you're permitted to without any additional certifications; just need to create a company and submit your app to the league and you're pretty much good to go). My cousin has a lot of connections in the industry; she works as the Director of PR at Grutman Sports, which first launched in 2015, and has been able to put together an impressive client book. Before that she worked for the Panthers, I have other close friends that work for CAA and another that used to work for the Jets but is now in sports media. Between all of them I've been introduced me to many people in the industry based out of NY, which has led to at least passing relationships with several agents agents, and in many cases the agents are the "life blood" of the industry. You obviously need the talent, but they play a large part in weaving it all together, which is where the information comes from. What's funny is they're not as super knowledgeable as you'd think in regards to the game of football, but I ask the questions and they know where to get the answers. 

The evaluation and understanding of the game front has just been years and years of this being my hobby. I just love the sport; it's the ultimate team game but so many details that the common fan misses - yeah it's a bunch of big *** dudes hitting each other first and foremost, but the game of football is truly a war of attrition and a chess match; at the end of the day the smartest team, the most prepared team, the team that sees the big picture, is going to come out on top. I respect how teams decide to build their franchises and after so many years of looking at how teams have done it right vs. how it's done wrong, and spitting my opinions to those in the know, I guess I've developed a higher level of intellect for the game. Not to sound cocky, but I'm sure that I can have a career in the industry if I wanted it - I have the connections and the knowledge to - but it's not the lifestyle I want to live; having to travel all the time and whatnot - and it kind of defeats the purpose of being a hobby. I have bigger fish to fry on the real estate law front, but as I mentioned earlier it's always possible I return to it. I'm actually prepping to take the bar exam this upcoming Feb (so I really shouldn't be posting but this and the gym have been my versions of studying breaks), and the company I'm considering working for does both Development and Sports, so we'll see, but thanks for asking

That would make sense, appreciate the insight/perspective you bring to the board. 

It's wild how captivating this game can be for some people (Myself included). When my buddies first realized I was posting on a Jets fanforum page they got a good laugh out of it, but it's the only place I've been able to find people as crazy about the Jets and football in general. Almost therapeutic in the sense that it provides the opportunity for me to shift my focus away from reality and shoot the **** with likeminded individuals, when I have the time. 

8 hours ago, NJC33 said:

That would make sense, appreciate the insight/perspective you bring to the board. 

It's wild how captivating this game can be for some people (Myself included). When my buddies first realized I was posting on a Jets fanforum page they got a good laugh out of it, but it's the only place I've been able to find people as crazy about the Jets and football in general. Almost therapeutic in the sense that it provides the opportunity for me to shift my focus away from reality and shoot the **** with likeminded individuals, when I have the time. 

This and I find a lot of my friends - while loving the Jets - are not as deeply in-tune with what I like to call the politics of the game; it's more surface level for them, and here/the Athletic allows me to go deeper

Kind of bummed that Etienne went back to school.  I don't really love taking RB super early but i thought he would possibly fit Gase's O really well.  Just stick a foot in the ground hit the hole and he has the juice to take it to the house any time.  We need more HR hitters.

10 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Kind of bummed that Etienne went back to school.  I don't really love taking RB super early but i thought he would possibly fit Gase's O really well.  Just stick a foot in the ground hit the hole and he has the juice to take it to the house any time.  We need more HR hitters.

Next year. Bells contract will be easier to move on from and we could grab him on Day 2 potentially.

From the EW shrine game, I would be happy  to get any of the East starting interior OL, Onwenu, Williams and Runyon, along with RB Lemay and West RB James Robinson. I hope the 5 of them get pushed up to the senior bowl to see how they do against better competition. 
when the three IOL were playing it seemed like LeMay, a tiny cannonball, could pick his holes. Robinson, a more shifty runner, had an all around good game.