2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

CBSsport had Jets taken Isaiah Simmons in 1st.  umm.  Another BPA for Jets in wrong side of the football.

Remember Jets tried to sign Anthony Barr to be our off ball LB before 2019 season.  Simmons may erase that concern but he is about 20-25 lbs lighter than Barr.  Scratch that.

other mocks

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-2020-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-heres-who-the-experts-have-gang-green-taking/312494088

Edited by JetsandI

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

CBSsport had Jets taken Isaiah Simmons in 1st.  umm.  Another BPA for Jets in wrong side of the football.

Remember Jets tried to sign Anthony Barr to be our off ball LB before 2019 season.  Simmons may erase that concern but he is about 20-25 lbs lighter than Barr.  Scratch that.

other mocks

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-2020-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-heres-who-the-experts-have-gang-green-taking/312494088

If Free agency is handled correctly, I don't hate the idea of going defense if we actually get a playmaker. The biggest problem we've had over the decade isn't the fact that we picked defensive players, it's because we picked busts on that side of the ball or players who didn't last long with us; Richardson, Coples, Milliner, Pryor, Leo,  and Lee. If they were actually good, we would have been completely different. But because we couldn't scout, it doesn't matter if we picked offense. The same results would have happened.

The 2 Superbowl teams both made moves to improve their pass-rushing situations. 49ers: Bosa/Ford Chiefs: Frank Clark. So as bad as I want to go offense, I have to consider the possibility of us finally getting the game changer we need on defense if we can fix our line issues via FA.  

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If Free agency is handled correctly, I don't hate the idea of going defense if we actually get a playmaker. The biggest problem we've had over the decade isn't the fact that we picked defensive players, it's because we picked busts on that side of the ball or players who didn't last long with us; Richardson, Coples, Milliner, Pryor, Leo,  and Lee. If they were actually good, we would have been completely different. But because we couldn't scout, it doesn't matter if we picked offense. The same results would have happened.

The 2 Superbowl teams both made moves to improve their pass-rushing situations. 49ers: Bosa/Ford Chiefs: Frank Clark. So as bad as I want to go offense, I have to consider the possibility of us finally getting the game changer we need on defense if we can fix our line issues via FA.  

The Chiefs let Dee Ford go to get Clark. Their pass rush was about the same. They win with offense. Honey Badger did more for them in the secondary to help them than Clark. 

22 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The idea of pairing Adams with Simmons is tantalizing and I believe he's much closer to being the best defender in the draft than has been discussed in the media, I wouldn't be thrilled if we drafted a defender in round 1. You wouldn't hear me complain with Simmons/Chaisson, but you won't hear me applaud either. The Jets would be better served drafting one of the top OL available or trading down

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yup... poor scouting and organizing is killing Jets.  49ers had selected 3 DLs as 1st round BPA in three consecutive drafts.  It was Shanahan and Lynch company that makes 49ers a competitive team. Let's hope Gase and Douglas have similar relationship.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The Chiefs let Dee Ford go to get Clark. Their pass rush was about the same. They win with offense. Honey Badger did more for them in the secondary to help them than Clark. 

Chiefs traded Ford away but traded for Clark.  Anyway, 49ers OL was much better but 3 time SB hero, Steve Spagnuolo, had a way to break OL at last minute. Twice against Patriots and 49ers.  Surely, Chiefs' offense carried the team but it was SS's defense that made it possible for Chiefs' offense to score 3 unanswered tds.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

The idea of pairing Adams with Simmons is tantalizing and I believe he's much closer to being the best defender in the draft than has been discussed in the media, I wouldn't be thrilled if we drafted a defender in round 1. You wouldn't hear me complain with Simmons/Chaisson, but you won't hear me applaud either. The Jets would be better served drafting one of the top OL available or trading down

Many 1st round prospects can help Jets but  HC, OC and DC are prone to short term job. Need to find more 1st round selected prospects that would stay with Jets for at least 8 years and Jamal Adams alone isn't enough.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But they still made the investments towards the position and because the defense that held Henry to 70yds and made the big plays when needed. Kelce was a 3rd rounder, Hill was a 5th rounder, and the dolphins moved on from Williams. They really didn't invest first-round picks in their oline over the years and they still made their move for Clark. It worked,

• Like 1

The truth is, you just have to look at what you got roster wise and pick a direction to go with it. On paper, we're not far from a great defense and rushing attacks like the Ravens, 49ers, and others. Rebuild the line with a combination of FA/Draft, sign an OLB, and a CB. It can be done. I won't go as far as predicting results because you know how I feel about Gase, but we'll be great roster wise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The truth is, you just have to look at what you got roster wise and pick a direction to go with it. On paper, we're not far from a great defense and rushing attacks like the Ravens, 49ers, and others. Rebuild the line with a combination of FA/Draft, sign an OLB, and a CB. It can be done. I won't go as far as predicting results because you know how I feel about Gase, but we'll be great roster wise. 

Just add RE to that name and we are good.:D

giphy.gif

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Word is we really like Anthony McFarland the RB from Maryland.

Really like this kid. Great acceleration and hits the hole with speed. Great for a Gase system. Would really like if we grabbed him.

I think it was Tony Pauline but someone said he would be first RB off the board had top underclass RBs stayed in NCAA.   Could be taken by end of 3rd unconditionally.

PFF did a breakdown of best value for day 2 picks. But that grade out great. But dont have the "it" factor maybe. But produce.

Here are a few of the names they mentioned...

Edge: Curtis Weaver

Edge: Julian Okwara

CB: Jaylon Johnson

WR: Jalen Reagor (did mention that if he kills the combine he will go higher than he is now, and they do think he will kill the combine).

CB: Cameron Dantzler

OG: Netane Muti (said he on talent the best OG in the draft, he just has injury issues)

WR: Brandon Aiyuk (not the biggest dude, but freakish long arms for a guy thats not even 6'0")

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

PFF did a breakdown of best value for day 2 picks. But that grade out great. But dont have the "it" factor maybe. But produce.

Here are a few of the names they mentioned...

Edge: Curtis Weaver

Edge: Julian Okwara

CB: Jaylon Johnson

WR: Jalen Reagor (did mention that if he kills the combine he will go higher than he is now, and they do think he will kill the combine).

CB: Cameron Dantzler

OG: Netane Muti (said he on talent the best OG in the draft, he just has injury issues)

WR: Brandon Aiyuk (not the biggest dude, but freakish long arms for a guy thats not even 6'0")

I’d be a big fan of getting Weaver or Okwara