2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd be ecstatic if we did that. If we even used 2 of our 1st 4 picks on WR I'd be happy. 

edited my response before you responded. I don’t think we’ll do that but it’s what I would do. That’s like universe brain but it could actually work. NFL execs have so much pressure on them to address all positions (remember they have scouts and coaches to appease as well), but yes it would be something I’d be on board with. Just don’t see many drafts with this much talent at one position. I do think there’s a strong chance we take 2 WRs in the top 80 though. 

As we pointed out a few months ago, Austin Jackson is very much an Adam Gase-type OT. I personally prefer Jones/Thomas, but the draft is weird so we should keep an eye on him. 

You read that right: 27 with round 1-3 grades. 29 were drafted last year.

Edited by jetskid007

My WR ranks as of now are this (can change obviously with the combine in a couple days).

Round 1 Grades

1. Jerry Jeudy

2. CeeDee Lamb

3. Henry Ruggs III

4. Justin Jefferson

5. Tee Higgins

6. Laviska Shenault

Round 2 Grades

7. Jalen Reagor

8. Brandon Aiyuk

9, KJ Hamler

10. Denzel Mims

11. Gabriel Davis

12. Juaun Jennings

13. Tyler Johnson

14. Van Jefferson

Round 3 Grades

15. KJ Hill

16. Donovan People-Jones

17. Michael Pittman

18. Bryan Edwards

19. Chase Claypool

20. Antonio Gandy-Golden

21. Devin Duvernay

22. Lynn Bowden

23. Isaiah Hodgins

24. James Proche

30 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

As we pointed out a few months ago, Austin Jackson is very much an Adam Gase-type OT. I personally prefer Jones/Thomas, but the draft is weird so we should keep an eye on him. 

You read that right: 27 with round 1-3 grades. 29 were drafted last year.

Meckhi Becton = Bryant McKinnie?    Hope he means the terms of size and athleticism combo.

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Meckhi Becton = Bryant McKinnie?    Hope he means the terms of size and athleticism combo.

He does. Jeremiah made sure to say that Becton has more upside, but make no mistake, McKinnie was a really good tackle for most of his career. He had similar strengths/weaknesses and was drafted 7th overall due to his potential. Primary issue in his career was weight, which is what many feel could be Becton’s if it’s not monitored correctly.

What’s clear is that Becton can be a high end tackle in the league, just needs to stay in shape. Given the advances in sports science and all that’s available to players via meal plans and regiments, I feel more comfortable today than I did 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

In all honesty I would be happy with any of Wills, Becton, Wirfs or Thomas at 11 and even Jeudy or Lamb. Confident we take one of them. Only odd person we could take would be an Edge IMO which would have me furious unless it was Chase Young who stand .0001% chance of lasting till 11.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

In all honesty I would be happy with any of Wills, Becton, Wirfs or Thomas at 11 and even Jeudy or Lamb. Confident we take one of them. Only odd person we could take would be an Edge IMO which would have me furious unless it was Chase Young who stand .0001% chance of lasting till 11.

I have a feeling we’re gonna like Chaisson a ton, looks like the type of Edge JD and Gregg seem to like.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope not.

I like him a lot, not enough to take him over one of the Tackles but definitely worth a top 15 pick. I just can’t see us taking a WR in the first, JD is gonna take the best OL or Pass Rusher so I’m not even entertaining the idea of Jeudy or Lamb(although I would be hyped for either of them)

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I like him a lot, not enough to take him over one of the Tackles but definitely worth a top 15 pick. I just can’t see us taking a WR in the first, JD is gonna take the best OL or Pass Rusher so I’m not even entertaining the idea of Jeudy or Lamb(although I would be hyped for either of them)

For me that’s big time avoiding BPA and need. For me there’s no way Chaisson is on the same level as the tackles and the 2 WRs. Chase young is, but not Chaisson.