2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

58 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I will acknowledge that it’s not, but I still think the Jets will end up going OL day 1 instead. Just have a hard time seeing a scenario where 3-4 OL are drafted before our pick

You think it’s possible that JD could see how the lack of weapons have held Carson back these past 2 years and could value them more than we believe heading into our situation with Darnold?

28 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

You think it’s possible that JD could see how the lack of weapons have held Carson back these past 2 years and could value them more than we believe heading into our situation with Darnold?

I think both he and Gase value weapons tremendously, but value protecting Darnold more and understands the concept of resource allocation, considering how top heavy but lacking of depth the OT class is and how deep the WR class is

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Whoa whoa, you got too much dip on ya chip now 

Seriously though. If we value a WR as a #1 WR. Why not trade up for him? I agree with jetskiid that OL is the priority and do think we go OT at 11. But if we truly have high grades on lets say 6 WRs and deem them #1 WRs why not trade back into Round 1 and grab them? Our 2nd rounder and NYG 3rd would get us back into the last 5-10 picks of Round 1 if we like a guy. Or give up next years 1st. There's a decent chance we'd go WR Round 1 next year anyway and this class is a lot stronger. Just an idea.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah, def not happy about this for his sake but at the same time it opens up an opportunity for us to grab him. 

Sounds like he shouldn't see much of a dip according to Schefter because he'll be ready come team activities. It will turn off a few teams who want to know more, but I can see many still taking him at the end of R2/R3 based on what they already know

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Screw it. Draft an OT at 11 and trade up for Ruggs if we love him so much and give up a 1st next year 

Or Jets could take Ruggs at 11 and then trade back into 1st to take either Josh Jones or Erza Cleveland.  It may not require giving up next year's 1st.

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Wow. Chase Claypool runs an unofficial 4.45 and follows it up with a 4.43 at 6’5” 238. 

Watched a lot of ND football and had no idea he was that fast. 

You just can't run fully because you may make it impossible for QB to connect you.   Draw up routes to match qb's ability.