2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Without knowing performance in drills,  Becton, Wirfs and Jackson may be gone before 11. That leaves Wills and Thomas for Jets at 11.  I am good with it.

Thomas is proven more so than any of them. He’s the safest pick for us in the draft IMO

• Like 1

I’ve been mocking Cam Akers to ya in the 3rd in most my drafts. And he showed he is worthy of that spot if not higher. Great combine speed wise. What impressed me was his routes out of the backfield though. Looked more crisp than 90% of the WRs. He and McFarlsnd are my 2 fav RBs for us this draft in the mid rounds 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve been mocking Cam Akers to ya in the 3rd in most my drafts. And he showed he is worthy of that spot if not higher. Great combine speed wise. What impressed me was his routes out of the backfield though. Looked more crisp than 90% of the WRs. He and McFarlsnd are my 2 fav RBs for us this draft in the mid rounds 

I like Akers as well. He can block and pick up blitz well.  

As of now I think the top 10 is gonna shake out:
think the chargers trade up for Tua

1.Bengals: Burrow

2.Redskins: Chase Young

3.Chargers: Tua

4:Giants: Becton

5:Dolphins: Herbert

6.Lions: Okudah

7.Panthers: Derrick Brown

8.Arizona: Wirfs

9.Jaguars: Isaiah Simmons

10: Cleveland: Andrew Thomas

That would leave us with our pick of the litter at WR, Wills, or Chaisson. Personally I would go WR but could see Chaisson being the pick based of his position and potential.

Where it gets interesting is if we sign Conklin and view Edoga as a OT and the board falls where we don’t love the 4th OT on the board and the 3 we liked are gone. Do we then stay true our board and go WR even though we swear they won’t go WR at 11? Trade down seems like the smartest, but that’s easier said than done, especially if the top 3 QBs are gone top 10. I’d still just draft Wills IMO. But like I’ve said all along if he very happy with Jeudy or Lamb.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Where it gets interesting is if we sign Conklin and view Edoga as a OT and the board falls where we don’t love the 4th OT on the board and the 3 we liked are gone. Do we then stay true our board and go WR even though we swear they won’t go WR at 11? Trade down seems like the smartest, but that’s easier said than done, especially if the top 3 QBs are gone top 10. I’d still just draft Wills IMO. But like I’ve said all along if he very happy with Jeudy or Lamb.

The more I read, it looks like one of the two top receivers could fall to eleven. At least we are not in a panic mode like some of the teams in the top ten in the draft. I hear nothing about Shell, he had a bad year, after coming back from the previous year injury. not sure he fits into Douglas"s,  plan. 

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The more I read, it looks like one of the two top receivers could fall to eleven. At least we are not in a panic mode like some of the teams in the top ten in the draft. I hear nothing about Shell, he had a bad year, after coming back from the previous year injury. not sure he fits into Douglas"s,  plan. 

He’s FA and didn’t play well. Odds are we move on from him and don’t even try bringing him back even for cheap.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

That would leave us with our pick of the litter at WR, Wills, or Chaisson. Personally I would go WR but could see Chaisson being the pick based of his position and potential.

If it falls this way that means we signed a top tier tackle in free agency. If so I want Lamb. 

33 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If it falls this way that means we signed a top tier tackle in free agency. If so I want Lamb. 

As long as we go OT or WR in round 1, we should be in good shape. 

And I think Wills is gonna go before us, a lot are calling him the best tackle in the draft. Becton may be that guy who sneakily moves real high because of his upside, hes freakish. 

Andrew Thomas before was a lock as the best tackle in the draft, now people don't really say it anymore. If he falls to us plug him in at LT. 

If we can land Conklin and maybe Glaslow, we would be set. Both rated very well especially as run blockers.  Beachum, Lewis, Edoga, and others rated bad. Beachum has always been mediocre and a poor run blocker.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

If it shakes out this way we take Wills in a heartbeat.  The majority of the draft community had him as their OT1 just judging off of tape.  He had a pretty good day at the combine athletically. the only thing that some people have been reporting is that they are concerned that he might not be able to pick up some of the mental side of some blocking schemes.  He seemed to do fine at Bama and they run a lot of pro concepts.... I'll take him no questions asked.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Wirfs goes first then it’s tough because I think Cleveland will pick an OT and Thomas is much more ready than Becton and they’re in more win now mode than most top 10 teams. 

I kind of feel like Becton will be the first off the board.   The biggest reason I think that is a little fella names Dave Gettleman sitting there at the #4 pick.  Becton seems like his dream prospect.   At this point I'd be happy with any of the 4.  I like them all. 

23 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Wirfs goes first then it’s tough because I think Cleveland will pick an OT and Thomas is much more ready than Becton and they’re in more win now mode than most top 10 teams. 

I think Thomas being the safe pick has him go before us. Wirfs I think after his combine is a goner too. I think we will get whoever is left between Wills and Becton. Wills is the safer pick. Becton has more upside. If we plan on starting who we draft right away I lean more toward Wills. Becton is going to have a pretty big learning curve where Wills is more polished.