2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya but a DLineman will be BPA and we just can’t pass that up

If Mac was still here, I would agree 100%.  I now see OL being the top targets under JD.  I would not expect him to reach in the first round, but I can see him drafting OL early including trading up to grab one.  The funny thing about Mac is that he said he would draft pass rushers every year when hired.  He obviously did not know what a pass rusher was.

8 hours ago, xrade said:

If Mac was still here, I would agree 100%.  I now see OL being the top targets under JD.  I would not expect him to reach in the first round, but I can see him drafting OL early including trading up to grab one.  The funny thing about Mac is that he said he would draft pass rushers every year when hired.  He obviously did not know what a pass rusher was.

DE or pass rusher can be part of DL so it is still a possibility.

Tristan Wirfs will play LT next two games.  Unfortunately, OT under Kirk Ferentz never be a LT mainstay for NFL team.  Riley Reiff did play LT for Lions but it was short-lived.  Right now, Wirfs possesses true elite athleticism and strength and that is something new to the Hawkeyes. He could be next Tyron Smith who never played LT before being long term LT for Cowboys.

He can be LG, RG or RT if he is just another Hawkeye OL.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

WR and RB may be the strongest draft class for 2020.  Just wonder if Melvin Gordon and Ezekiel Elliot's bold holdouts for more money during the rookie contract may affect the strategy at RB.  I have a several RBs that could easily replace Le'Veon Bell in 2nd or 3rd round. I won't name them because I want to stay alive.  That goes down to FSU's Cam Akers and ULL's Trey Ragas.

Akers is similar to Ty Montgomery who has one year contract with Jets this year. If Ty goes, Cam can be a solid replacement for 4th or 5th round pick. He is much better on the ground than Ty. His production was down due to offense change but he runs well enough to be a viable back up RB behind Bell. He is a natural receiver but I am not sure about his ability in ST as we hope Braxton Berrios or Greg Dortech can actually cover those. Not to mention, pass protecting is his best attribute to a game.  Darnold First, Jets Second philosophy fits there. lol

Ragas is playing for the same school as Elijah McGuire so if you refuse to check him out because of that then you are an idiot. Pure and simple.   Big problem with Elijah is he just quits if there is no immediate hole on the ground.  Ragas has been one of top RBs with yards after contact. Despite being powerful size, he can do anything you ask from scat RB.  He has skills to sell for 1st round money but due to level of competition and too many RBs from tougher levels he can be a good steal for 5th or 6th.

I am sure there are more RBs for late round but for now, I may recognize Akers and Ragas as best fit for Adam Gase's "first" project to upgrade the offense. I said first because Mike Maccagnan went his way without Gase's agreement.

Edited by JetsandI

Returning of the power head coach has been unkind on Chip Kelly and Les Miles.  Wow.  Hope they are able to bounce back soon.

LSU's Joe Burrow just cemented my opinion of them being in CFB playoff. New version of offense works.  As prospect, he still has a lot of work. Too many throws were behind. Flat stance like many college qb.  He can be an ideal for Jon Gruden or Bruce Arians but they need qb like yesterday.  Unless Burrow adapts quickly timing is wrong. 

UT's Collin Johnson played quicker than I thought of him last year.  I don't know if he is fresher as the season is still young. I will recheck him out later.  Johnson's powerful body and legs did good work on Kristian Fulton, a potential 1st round pick. He broke into Fulton's center of point, causing some anxiety on LSU's cb, and then ran like it was nothing.  If he finishes this season the same way then we will need rethink where he will end up in the upcoming draft.

Fulton has all tools to be successful at next level but his mentality needs some work.  Him fallling out of 1st round is not out of question at the moment. It would be outstanding if Fulton fell into Jets' 2nd round and Gregg Williams fixed him up real good.

Ah... UT's slot/ h back WR Devin Duvernay is fun to watch.   Ty Montgomery replacement? I don't know.

28 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Super Bowl odds have Jets at 9th lowest chance.     So for 9th overall selection,  Jerry Jeudy surely won't be available there but how about Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault Jr?

At some point we have to stop the “he won’t be there” thing. 

Adams wasn’t supposed to be there, Darnold wasn’t, Leo wasn’t, 

last year many guys dropped as well. 

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

At some point we have to stop the “he won’t be there” thing. 

Adams wasn’t supposed to be there, Darnold wasn’t, Leo wasn’t, 

last year many guys dropped as well. 

Well, Mike Maccagnan isn't with us. lol.   Anyways,  it is true that can happen but I usually think of next thing stuff.

Edited by JetsandI

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I don't know if it matters or not.   Florida Gators' WR Van Jefferson could be this year's Terry McLaurin. He is Jets' assistant OHC Shawn's son.   Is a familial move acceptable for Jets?  Check him out.  He looks solid.

CJ Mosley’s brother is on our practice squad. 

Gregg Williams son is on our staff

Adam Gase’s father in law is on our staff

Yeah, it’s likely we go after him if he’s available in a valuable position(late round, UDFA)

37 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

CJ Mosley’s brother is on our practice squad. 

Gregg Williams son is on our staff

Adam Gase’s father in law is on our staff

Yeah, it’s likely we go after him if he’s available in a valuable position(late round, UDFA)

Coach to player relationship to be exact but cool.

I really love Troy Dye. He's fun to watch and plays with high energy. Favorite LB so far. Julian Okwara is on my list if we're serious about running the 3-4. 

CB wise: CJ Henderson, Fulton, and Diggs are my favorite so far. I still have more to watch including Hall. 

I'm not sure if I mentioned him, but Alaric Jackson is very high on my list still. Up there with Andrew Thomas, Walker Little, and others. 

I'm watching WRs next week. I don't have a favorite yet. 

30 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I really love Troy Dye. He's fun to watch and plays with high energy. Favorite LB so far. Julian Okwara is on my list if we're serious about running the 3-4. 

CB wise: CJ Henderson, Fulton, and Diggs are my favorite so far. I still have more to watch including Hall. 

I'm not sure if I mentioned him, but Alaric Jackson is very high on my list still. Up there with Andrew Thomas, Walker Little, and others. 

I'm watching WRs next week. I don't have a favorite yet. 

There will be very very good chance that you will change your mind on CJ Henderson.  He lacks physical prowess. 

Cameron Dantzler of MSSU and OSU Jeff Okudah require your attention for CB.

Don't forget Texas A&M Kendrick Rogers for WR.   Forget his qb and his production.  Just look at his body work. Solid separation ability, solid hands, solid body movement.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

There will be very very good chance that you will change your mind on CJ Henderson.  He lacks physical prowess. 

Cameron Dantzler of MSSU and OSU Jeff Okudah require your attention for CB.

Don't forget Texas A&M Kendrick Rogers for WR.   Forget his qb and his production.  Just look at his body work. Solid separation ability, solid hands, solid body movement.

Coverage wise, Henderson is getting it done. I'm going to give him more time this season to see if he will step up physically. He has the size for it. 

I forgot about Kendrick Rodgers. 

----------

This is the year to rack up picks in the top 4 rounds.