2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Think the keys to this upcoming offseason are Robby and Polite/Jenkins, if these guys step up it could really allow us to focus on the OL and CB spots badly 

Can you see Jenkins taking a step? He’s going into year 4, I think he’s as good as he’ll ever be. Solid, should definitely be a rotation guy for us but not enough to warrant not getting a new OLB.

25 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Can you see Jenkins taking a step? He’s going into year 4, I think he’s as good as he’ll ever be. Solid, should definitely be a rotation guy for us but not enough to warrant not getting a new OLB.

I think he can develop to be more like Calvin Pace, think he can improve a little bit. Which I think would be good enough to hold off a bit so we could focus on OL and CB

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I think he can develop to be more like Calvin Pace, think he can improve a little bit. Which I think would be good enough to hold off a bit so we could focus on OL and CB

Jenkins had a good Spring and surprised Williams and Vitt with his speed, strength, and improved footwork. According to the attached he worked with pass rushing coach Chuck Smith, the guy that works with Aaron Donald and Von Miller.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/15/6-winners-and-losers-from-jets-spring-practices/4/

12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I really like this CB and OL draft class coming up. 

It’s really too early, nobody expected Murray, Q, Allen or Hockenso to be top ten picks going into the 2018 season. I’d include Jones, but while the other 4 actually had outstanding seasons, Jones is just a mind blowing pick

On 6/30/2019 at 5:35 AM, Rich51 said:

It’s really too early, nobody expected Murray, Q, Allen or Hockenso to be top ten picks going into the 2018 season. I’d include Jones, but while the other 4 actually had outstanding seasons, Jones is just a mind blowing pick

It's early, but the depth in those positions look pretty good so far. We've named a few names already but there are others like Throckmorton who graded out as a 87.4 passing grade. On the same team, Hanson didn't allow a sack. Then you have Thomas and Cleveland from UGA, Stanford as a couple, Notre Dame, and others. Then you have sleepers like Ezra Cleveland who could stand out this year. Then we still have Trey Adams returning. 

For CB, it all depends on who decides to come out. I honestly would have drafted Fulton over Greedy. There are about 4 other CBs I really like, but they have to prove it. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

It's early, but the depth in those positions look pretty good so far. We've named a few names already but there are others like Throckmorton who graded out as a 87.4 passing grade. On the same team, Hanson didn't allow a sack. Then you have Thomas and Cleveland from UGA, Stanford as a couple, Notre Dame, and others. Then you have sleepers like Ezra Cleveland who could stand out this year. Then we still have Trey Adams returning. 

For CB, it all depends on who decides to come out. I honestly would have drafted Fulton over Greedy. There are about 4 other CBs I really like, but they have to prove it. 

@Ozzy on the NFL draft forum  lists well over 200 prospects including some reviews of less known prospects. It’s a well worth a read through. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Pats, Chiefs, Browns, Colts, WC- Chargers, Jags

Eagles, Saints, Rams, Bears, WC - Seahawks, Cowboys

That is a tough question Rich. Every year at this time I become a fifteen year old kid again, thinking the Jets have a real shot at the playoffs, and every year I am proven wrong. My only question this year will Darnold take the next big step forward ? 

5 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Pats, Chiefs, Browns, Colts, WC- Chargers, Jags

Eagles, Saints, Rams, Bears, WC - Seahawks, Cowboys

19 hours ago, Dr.O said:

In no order, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Steelers, Browns, colts, Bears, Packers, Rams, Saints, Falcons, Eagles

lol Sorry, I meant college football playoffs. Since we don't have a college football thread, I figured I could drop it in here. 

But those lists are good. 

I think if Gase does his part, I think we can be a wildcard team this year. 

My NFC match is the Bears and Rams. AFC, it's so hard for me not to pick the Browns to make it far. I'm stuck between Browns, Chargers, and Chiefs. 

20 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Sorry, I meant college football playoffs. Since we don't have a college football thread, I figured I could drop it in here. 

But those lists are good. 

I think if Gase does his part, I think we can be a wildcard team this year. 

My NFC match is the Bears and Rams. AFC, it's so hard for me not to pick the Browns to make it far. I'm stuck between Browns, Chargers, and Chiefs. 

My guess Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio State with Clemson playing Alabama for the championship 

they probably have the top two QBs in Lawerence and Tua.  OSU’s QB will probably be the number two prospect (behind Lawerence) from the 2018 class, Justin Fields and Jalen Hurt could be a better fit at Oklahoma than he was at Bama.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:02 AM, Rich51 said:

My guess Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio State with Clemson playing Alabama for the championship 

they probably have the top two QBs in Lawerence and Tua.  OSU’s QB will probably be the number two prospect (behind Lawerence) from the 2018 class, Justin Fields and Jalen Hurt could be a better fit at Oklahoma than he was at Bama.

I can't argue against that. I'm really interested in seeing what OK does with Hurt. I have UGA making it in there. I do think Fields will outperform everyone QB wise.