2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

On 9/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, rickyt31 said:

Coverage wise, Henderson is getting it done. I'm going to give him more time this season to see if he will step up physically. He has the size for it. 

I forgot about Kendrick Rodgers. 

----------

This is the year to rack up picks in the top 4 rounds. 

Oh I don't doubt his coverage skill.  He is that good but do we want another Antonio Cromartie.  Remember the ridiculous internet video about him owning up ball carrier in the endzone after not tackling him inside 20.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Oh I don't doubt his coverage skill.  He is that good but do we want another Antonio Cromartie.  Remember the ridiculous internet video about him owning up ball carrier in the endzone after not tackling him inside 20.

It all depends on his attitude and what coaches say about him. Cromartie talent-wise, YES. But if he really takes plays off, it's a no for me. The ability to play the run can be developed if they have the right attitude. You just have to want it. I have to watch more tapes of him to see if he hides from contact. 

15 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I remember Bowles telling Cro a 9 was coming and Cro still got beat deep lol

on and off, I watched Auburn vs Texas A&M game. I felt like Kendrick Rogers disappeared against stronger defense so I checked out for injury report but he caught 4 balls for 45 yards.  I found out that he joined the team late because of injury last year and he was seen in a walking boot last August.  umm...   Injuries keep him off practice enough to make him an unforgettable man in well stacked WR depth.  He has real tools but yet, he doesn't emerge out for real.  It sounds like Mike Maccagnan's type of prospect.  Jets have enough of those.   Unless Joe Douglas managed to give Adam Gase a legitimate WR group, Jets need to focus on "go to guy" prospects.  It is really crazy to pass on most premium WR in 1st for MM's type of WR.

For Day Two targets,  I can see Chase Claypool, Tyler Johnson, Collin Johnson and Michael Pittman Jr as a start up pool.  Brandon Aiyuk, Reggie Roberson Jr., and Denzel Mims may join in later.