• Lane Johnson, Eagles
    • Andre Dillard, Eagles
    • Trent Williams, Redskins
    • Morgan Moses, Redskins
    • Nate Solder, Giants
    • Chad Wheeler, Giants

Just now, Jeezla said:

No you aren't.

I know its regular season, but we are like #3 or 4 in the NFL for wins since Dak joined us. In 2014 we had the best record in the NFL. We were a botched call from the refs from potentially being in the NFC Champ game. 

Sure, we need more playoff success. But stating we arent relevant is asinine. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I know its regular season, but we are like #3 or 4 in the NFL for wins since Dak joined us. In 2014 we had the best record in the NFL. We were a botched call from the refs from potentially being in the NFC Champ game. 

Sure, we need more playoff success. But stating we arent relevant is asinine. 

You aren't relevant. I expect you to win 9 or 10 games, and then do nothing. Like the Chargers, but with a worse QB. Chargers are going to win 11 or 12 games, and then lose to Tom Brady or Jax. Cowboys are going win 9 or 10, then lose to LA or NO or Minny or GB. Maybe Atlanta. Maybe Philly.

Edited by Jeezla

I could have sworn Cowboys fans were complaining about Tyron Smith all of last year? I really don't pay attention to individual OL from other teams, I go off what their fans say, what PFF says, and overall OL performance. I know all about Lane, and while he started slow last year, he finished the year amazing. He seems to particularly shine when he's going up against a stud pass rusher, which is huge. 

A large chunk of the top pass rushers are put on the right solely because teams (going back to HS, which trickles all the way to NFL) usually put their best OT on the left. So I'd think any argument that LT is inherently harder to play is nullified by RTs generally drawing tougher matchups, no?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So I'd think any argument that LT is inherently harder to play is nullified by RTs generally drawing tougher matchups, no?

This statement is false. So no. Typically your RDE is your best pass rusher and your LDE is your best run defender. The RT also more often has a TE next to them. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This statement is false. So no. Typically your RDE is your best pass rusher and your LDE is your best run defender. The RT also more often has a TE next to them. 

Strictly talking 4-3 DE that is generally still the approach, but most premier edge rushers these days are listed as OLBs, and they're almost always on the left side of the defense.

just look at Edge rushers with pro bowl or all-pro nods over the past 2 years and where they rush from (red for right, blue for left <--- from defense perspective). Lot more pass rushing talent is coming from the left, at your right tackle.

• Mack
  • Watt
  • Von Miller
  • Griffen
  • Campbell
  • Melvin Ingram
  • Chandler Jones
  • Dee Ford
  • TJ Watt
  • Kerrigan
  • Vernon
  • D-Law
  • Myles
  • Hunter
  • Cam Jordan
  • Joey Bosa

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Strictly talking 4-3 DE that is generally still the approach, but most premier edge rushers these days are listed as OLBs, and they're almost always on the left side of the defense.

just look at Edge rushers with pro bowl or all-pro nods over the past 2 years and where they rush from (red for right, blue for left <--- from defense perspective). Lot more pass rushing talent is coming from the left, at your right tackle.

• Mack
  • Watt
  • Von Miller
  • Griffen
  • Campbell
  • Melvin Ingram
  • Chandler Jones
  • Dee Ford
  • TJ Watt
  • Kerrigan
  • Vernon
  • D-Law
  • Myles
  • Hunter
  • Cam Jordan
  • Joey Bosa

Where are you getting this information? Mack, Watt and Miller all flip sides based on match ups. DLaw played LDE. This list is very inaccurate. 

Ran out of popcorn.

Fun reading

watching our games last year I gotta tell you primarily when teams play us they avoided putting their best pass rusher against Smith and primarily moved them around middle ...    and when they did line up against Smith you almost could count on a stunt coming.  Yeah I voted peters mostly because every time I watched philly in person he was dominate and mostly I was half asleep when voting 

I didn’t vote Smith because I thought he didn’t perform well last year when injured too many penalties is all ...    though to be fair I thought a lot of those penalties were a joke ...   otherwise he was dominate both pass protection and run game and he really ended the season playing great

There was a time LT was always your best tackle hands down.  Now it’s a little closer but primarily teams still put their best at LT          

Can some one also post maybe the percentage of snaps (philly) where the TE’s line up  on non short yardage formations ???

Edited by quiller

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Can some one also post maybe the percentage of snaps (philly) where the TE’s line up  on non short yardage formations ???

can't really find those stats anywhere.
Even if you could, the little bit of all-22 I've watched of both make it clear it wouldn't be accurate.
A play against the rams where lane had two TEs tight next to him, but his job was the block down and sweep Aaron Donald away.
A play where Tyron was on an island, but the slot receiver ran a route in to chip and then popped back out.
So it wouldn't really tell you everything.

Assisted blocks would be an interesting stat to exist, but tough to accurately chart them.

11 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I have a secondary question aside from the poll.

Assuming Health - No Suspension - Full Season for all players...does your vote changed based on if your star QB (assume you have a star QB, Giants Fans) is a lefty or a righty?

I am genuinely curious. 

Not at all. The blindside ordeal is overblown in this day and age.

11 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Also - and I find this interesting - the poll right now has been pretty tribal.

ONLY Eagles fans have voted for Lane.

1 Redskins fan voted for Smith.

1 Cowboys fan voted for Williams.

1 Cowboys Fan voted for Peters (although this is the only vote for this player thus far).

A patriots fan voted for Lane.