• Jason Peters, Eagles
    • Lane Johnson, Eagles
    • Andre Dillard, Eagles
    • Trent Williams, Redskins
    • Morgan Moses, Redskins
    • Nate Solder, Giants
    • Chad Wheeler, Giants

56 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Trent.  Tyron is slightly better at pass-blocking, but Trent is the better player all-around.  

Would love to see how Lane Johnson would do at LT.

I agree with this.  Trent is a mauler in the run game, easily the best run blocking LT in the division.  I'd give Tyron the leg up on pass protection but think Trent's overall game is superior.  

• Like 1

This is the first real debate, where everyone has a case. Trent may be the best run blocker, Tyron the best in pass pro, where as Lane can do a little of everything but plays on the strong side. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

1 Lane

2 Trent

3 Tyron

Lane is the best RT in the league every week. 

Peters, Tyron, Trent, and like 2 other LT's rotate being best LT of the week. 

Thing is the league has evolved into putting their best pass rushers on the right side. Lane routinely goes up against more difficult competition on average.

Lane is one of the most dominant players at their position in the league.

If this were 1995, we'd hold it against him that he's a RT. But a great deal of the league's best Pass Rushers come from that side now, and Lane shuts them down routinely.
Mack, Miller, Lawrence...he stops them all. Sets the edge and still gets upfield to lead the great deal of patient runs the eagles love to do.

We for sure have some great LTs, but they are all firmly behind Lane.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Lane is one of the most dominant players at their position in the league.

If this were 1995, we'd hold it against him that he's a RT. But a great deal of the league's best Pass Rushers come from that side now, and Lane shuts them down routinely.
Mack, Miller, Lawrence...he stops them all. Sets the edge and still gets upfield to lead the great deal of patient runs the eagles love to do.

We for sure have some great LTs, but they are all firmly behind Lane.

I'm not gonna say they are firmly behind Lane, but Lane would win by a quarter panel if this were Street Outlaws. It's close, but the winner is clear if you put RT bias aside.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I'm not gonna say they are firmly behind Lane, but Lane would win by a quarter panel if this were Street Outlaws

They are still great players, but yeah Lane is just a different level athletically

41 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They are still great players, but yeah Lane is just a different level athletically

Lane is also the only OT likely to play more than 13 games. Tyron has back issues and Trent and Peters always seem to be banged up.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Lane is also the only OT likely to play more than 13 games. Tyron has back issues and Trent and Peters always seem to be banged up.

Oh c'mon. Ereck Flowers would have played 16 games if the Giants let him. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Texlaw, I think this poll should be allowed to run for a while. Having it here in the Cowboys forum gives more immediate visibility to Cowboys fans and can sort of skew the results.

TO7 not Texlaw. Just a heads up.

Lane and Smith should be the bookends if we are filling out a depth chart. If we are going strictly who is the best it becomes tougher. Smith is very slightly better, but has injury concerns. Lane is right there with him in terms of skill and production, but has steroid concerns. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

TO7 not Texlaw. Just a heads up.

Lane and Smith should be the bookends if we are filling out a depth chart. If we are going strictly who is the best it becomes tougher. Smith is very slightly better, but has injury concerns. Lane is right there with him in terms of skill and production, but has steroid concerns. 

Don't agree with the whole steroid concerns, I've discussed it ad nauseum with my fellow Eagles fans. The first time yeah that's on Lane, but the 2nd time the violating substance was OK'd on an NFL sponsored app incorrectly. But I digress. 

I can see an argument for Tyron and Lane. Lane more consistently shuts down the best defenders, Tyron Smith is clearly missed when he's not on the field.

Side note: I don't think the 2nd DT, DE, or WR should be listed as "Backups" because there are usually 2+ of them on the field at once @Texas_OutLaw7

Edited by Danger

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Lane more consistently shuts down the best defender

I disagree with the notion that most teams play their best pass rusher at LDE. So I do not agree with the idea that Lane is consistently going against the other teams best pass rusher. 

RDE is still the primary rusher for most teams. LDE's are the better run stopper. And even in Dallas that was true. DLaw is probably our best player on defense, but Gregory was our best pure pass rusher.