• Jason Peters, Eagles
    • Lane Johnson, Eagles
    • Andre Dillard, Eagles
    • Trent Williams, Redskins
    • Morgan Moses, Redskins
    • Nate Solder, Giants
    • Chad Wheeler, Giants

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is 1 poster who calls him Carter. And he hates everything. He hated Romo too.

He, with a few others, literally despise Dak to their core. They create outlandish threads that blow up in their face, and in their humiliation, start name calling. Its sad. 

One guy wanted to trade Wentz, and it was Ninja. Maybe a couple more would have been ok with it if we received 3+ 1st round picks, but they weren't demanding we get rid of him either. It's also a unique situation where our backup won a SB. If your backup won a SB, you would want Dak gone asap. Foles won a SB, and 95% of our fan base still prefers Wentz. Foles is a lot like Dak in that he looks good when the system works to perfection, crap when it doesn't. Wentz looks good even when the system isn't working. As long as he's healthy.

Edited by Jeezla

9 hours ago, Danger said:

1. Lane Johnson
2. Tyron Smith
3. Trent Williams
4. Jason Peters (age and body falling apart)

Johnson is the best at his position but then again so is Tyron and he plays the premier Tackle position. Gotta go with him. If injuries continue to derail him then I would probably vote for Lane but that's a big if.

I don't get the liberal use of logic here @Matts4313

Either you hold proneness to injury against people in this vote, or you don't.

Lane is the best IMO, regardless at this point. But if you are gonna hold injuries against Wentz and vote Dak...then you have to carry over the logic for two guys who have showed systemic injury problems and it's no contest at that point.

Especially at any position besides QB, where you can still somewhat perform most of your duties despite injuries (see Wentz last year in the recovery window for his knee and a back injury most the season.

It's not a best all time award as has been established already, or else it'd be Jason Peters ha.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don't get the liberal use of logic here @Matts4313

Either you hold proneness to injury against people in this vote, or you don't.

Lane is the best IMO, regardless at this point. But if you are gonna hold injuries against Wentz and vote Dak...then you have to carry over the logic for two guys who have showed systemic injury problems and it's no contest at that point.

Especially at any position besides QB, where you can still somewhat perform most of your duties despite injuries (see Wentz last year in the recovery window for his knee and a back injury most the season.

It's not a best all time award as has been established already, or else it'd be Jason Peters ha.

Smith's injury last year was an elbow, not his back. An important difference. He has also played in all but 9 games, and of those, he sat 2 of them because playoffs were secure. So he has played in 94% of available games. 

On top of that, I already addressed this particular point:

Smith is very slightly better, but has injury concerns. Lane is right there with him in terms of skill and production, but has steroid concerns. 

Aside from that, the last time Lane played a full season was 2015. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Smith's injury last year was an elbow, not his back. An important difference. He has also played in all but 9 games, and of those, he sat 2 of them because playoffs were secure. So he has played in 94% of available games. 

On top of that, I already addressed this particular point:

Aside from that, the last time Lane played a full season was 2015. 

Getting kinda nitpicky there, he played 15 games the last two years.

He missed a game because of a concussion in 2017 because the game was on Thursday night,
but yes he missed one game last year with an MCL sprain.

49 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Johnson is the best at his position but then again so is Tyron and he plays the premier Tackle position. Gotta go with him. If injuries continue to derail him then I would probably vote for Lane but that's a big if.

Terron Armstead is the best LT in the NFL, not Tyron

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Getting kinda nitpicky there, he played 15 games the last two years.

He missed a game because of a concussion in 2017 because the game was on Thursday night,
but yes he missed one game last year with an MCL sprain.

Slightly worse player that misses games due to injuries vs slightly better player who misses games to injuries. 

Johnson missed a game. Tyron missed 2, the third he was benched because we won the division already. Not a huge difference. 

39 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Slightly worse player that misses games due to injuries vs slightly better player who misses games to injuries. 

Johnson missed a game. Tyron missed 2, the third he was benched because we won the division already. Not a huge difference. 

Exactly, so i give it to the better player (call me crazy)

Glad you agree Lane is the best OT in the division

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

He played a full season in 2017, sat out because playoffs were in hand. He missed a single game last season. It's not like Lane has injury problems in reality.

He actually missed the Carolina game earlier in the year because it was a Thursday game and they couldn't get him through concussion protocol. Had the game been Sunday he would have played.

but yea he doesn't get bigger injuries every year like the other two.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's clear we can't have an unbiased poll in this case. aside from @MikeT14 no one has budged from their team's guy.

NFL Comparisons, or the format I proposed earlier is the correct way to approach this.

I think at the very least this should have gone into the Giants Forum, I don't think even their most biased fan could argue any of their linemen were better than the other teams in the division