NFL Lead Investigator Recommended No Suspension For Elliot

Broncofan

If the NFL feels confident that he assaulted a woman, then it is fair.  Just because the police/court couldn't find enough evidence to prosecute doesn't mean he didn't do it, and the NFL does not need to meet the same level of proof.

It'll be interesting to see how the Cowboys do without him carrying the offense.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

He'll appeal and get it reduced to 4 games which sets up a return vs Green Bay. It's in the NFL's best interests match-up wise and storyline wise. Well played by Goodell

I was actually going to post the same exact thing after looking over things. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

For the full rundown, ESPN's piece isn't bad

Which includes this gem:

Before disciplining Elliott, the NFL considered the domestic violence allegations from February and July 2016, as well as the St. Patrick's Day incident in which he pulled down a woman's shirt, though that did not factor into the league's decision on discipline.

..what?? Does the ending of that sentence not directly contradict the beginning?

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If the NFL feels confident that he assaulted a woman, then it is fair.  Just because the police/court couldn't find enough evidence to prosecute doesn't mean he didn't do it, and the NFL does not need to meet the same level of proof.

It'll be interesting to see how the Cowboys do without him carrying the offense.

Very interesting indeed. Let's see if the incredible hype around Prescott holds up without his biggest security blanket.

At least the Pats fanbase can't say that Goodell only has it in for them now.  

(FWIW, I get that the burden isn't the same for the NFL as with the courts, but you know the accusations are going to fly now from DAL fans).

I think @deltarich87 conspiracy theory that 6 games was chosen so they can reduce to 4 on appeal makes a ton of sense -  that week 5 return vs. GB is the only late game on the Fox DH TV schedule, at home.   Machiavellian planning, Jerrah gets a moral victory by reducing the suspension, Goodell/NFL look tough on DV, and TV ratings spike.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

At least the Pats fanbase can't say that Goodell only has it in for them now.  

I had a starkly different line of thought in this vein. At least now the rest of the league will see that Goodell doesn't actually care about the truth or what actually happened, just perception.  

Archived