NFL Lead Investigator Recommended No Suspension For Elliot

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:
8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

this is what people seem to be forgetting

I don't think we're forgetting it as much as bemoaning that fact.

Eh, when people only focus on the fact that he wasn't actually criminally charged with anything, it kinda makes it seem like people are just forgetting that part

Just now, IDOG_det said:

Eh, when people only focus on the fact that he wasn't actually criminally charged with anything, it kinda makes it seem like people are just forgetting that part

I would love some insight into the NFL's threshold for evidence. There seems to be only one of two simple answers: either the prosecutors are monumentally incompetent, or the NFL's threshold for solid evidence is much too low.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Lol this argument sounds familiar 

Don't even start, one of these was a criminal investigation, the other a purely internal matter. You know these are not parallel situations and the one has no relevance to this discussion beyond the fact that Goodell has too-broad authority.

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

So the NFL could interview "more than a dozen" eye-witnesses and "thousands" of texts, but the prosecutor somehow didn't have enough evidence? None of this adds up.

Different standards of proof necessary. Criminal needs beyond reasonable doubt. The NFL uses a Civil standard of preponderance of the evidence

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I would love some insight into the NFL's threshold for evidence. There seems to be only one of two simple answers: either the prosecutors are monumentally incompetent, or the NFL's threshold for solid evidence is much too low.

Could be both, although based on the NFL's statement, it seems more like the former. They reviewed this with four (I assume independent) advisors and reviewed a seemingly substantial amount of evidence. It wouldn't be the first time the US justice system failed a victim by not properly reviewing enough evidence.

Archived